Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Marrone: “Loose in a good way”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Marrone: “Loose in a good way”

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...6c647984fa

HC Doug Marrone as Jaguars move on from victory over Colts to begin preparing for Sunday’s game against Seattle at EverBank Field: “This is what it’s really all about; this is what you r
Hopefully the team keeps their heads on straight and doesn't look too far forward.
I think we're going to romp Seattle this Sunday. Just a feeling. Wouldn't be surprised if the defense goes off like they did against the Steelers and then Fournette starts gouging them which sets up Bortles to Lewis more than once in the 2nd half for a convincing win. If we pull this win off. We'll be getting a lot more attention in the media going into the post season.
(12-04-2017, 10:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I think we're going to romp Seattle this Sunday. Just a feeling. Wouldn't be surprised if the defense goes off like they did against the Steelers and then Fournette starts gouging them which sets up Bortles to Lewis more than once in the 2nd half for a convincing win. If we pull this win off. We'll be getting a lot more attention in the media going into the post season.

I agree, but with the condition that we have to win out. If we beat the Seahawks and lose to any of the teams we play to finish out the season, not much will change. The exception being if the loss is due to benching starters after locking up the division.

Side note - I know we win the division if we win out and can theoretically win the division if we lose to Seattle and win the rest. However, I would really love to lockup the division before we go to tenn and just bench all of our starters for that game. To send the message that tenn at tenn isn't even worthy of getting our first string players; that no matter how well they play, they'll only be second best. I understand that involves tenn dropping a game or two before we play them, but I'm remaining hopeful.
(12-05-2017, 09:37 AM)jagfanthrutherottenyears Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2017, 10:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I think we're going to romp Seattle this Sunday. Just a feeling. Wouldn't be surprised if the defense goes off like they did against the Steelers and then Fournette starts gouging them which sets up Bortles to Lewis more than once in the 2nd half for a convincing win. If we pull this win off. We'll be getting a lot more attention in the media going into the post season.

I agree, but with the condition that we have to win out. If we beat the Seahawks and lose to any of the teams we play to finish out the season, not much will change. The exception being if the loss is due to benching starters after locking up the division.

Side note - I know we win the division if we win out and can theoretically win the division if we lose to Seattle and win the rest. However, I would really love to lockup the division before we go to tenn and just bench all of our starters for that game. To send the message that tenn at tenn isn't even worthy of getting our first string players; that no matter how well they play, they'll only be second best. I understand that involves tenn dropping a game or two before we play them, but I'm remaining hopeful.

If we lose to Seattle and win the rest, we win the division.  Period.  Because the first tiebreaker is head to head, and that would be split, and the second tiebreaker is division record, and we would have 1 division loss and Tennessee would have 2.   They lost to the Texans on October 1.