Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fowler 10 sacks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Earlier in the year we talked about 3 players with 10 sacks. Campbell got his YN has 10. Fowler is at 6.5 

Jackson has 6

Anybody think Fowler gets it. Jackson?
I doubt either one gets it. Fowler doesn't play enough and idk about Jackson.
I think they finish around 8 a piece(Fowler and Jackson). Campbell may end the year with 16+, we play 2 really bad teams in Houston and SF, he could get 2 each in those games by themselves. Yannick is a stud, dude will be a 12 sack a year guy for us, and those are always great to have. Sacks aren't even what I love most about Ngakoue, he has a monster 1st step and gets off the ball with lightning quickness. If he develops multiple rushing techniques, he could be elite.
I think they'll both get it during the next four games. We have Seattle next. They have a poor offensive line and our guys are fast enough to keep up with Wilson when he dances around. We play the 49ERS who may start turning the corner now with Jimmy starting at QB but I still think we'll get after him. I see us getting after the tinhorns again with Savage as their passer again.

And I can see us crushing the tacks if week 17 has 3rd or 4th seed implications on the line instead of looking at being a 5th seed. So this defense has a lot to ride on. We've been carried as a team all year by them. It's within reason to expect both of them to either have one, big, multi sack game or games or they find a way to knife out 1.0 sack per game for the rest of the year.
49ers interior oline is weak but they have good tackles
Fowler gets to 10+ if he quits getting stupid penalties so he can actually stay in the rotation. How many games have we seen him yanked? I like Smoot but he isn’t going to be as disruptive as Fowler.
(12-05-2017, 07:08 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I think they'll both get it during the next four games. We have Seattle next. They have a poor offensive line and our guys are fast enough to keep up with Wilson when he dances around. We play the 49ERS who may start turning the corner now with Jimmy starting at QB but I still think we'll get after him. I see us getting after the tinhorns again with Savage as their passer again.

And I can see us crushing the tacks if week 17 has 3rd or 4th seed implications on the line instead of looking at being a 5th seed. So this defense has a lot to ride on. We've been carried as a team all year by them. It's within reason to expect both of them to either have one, big,  multi sack game or games or they find a way to knife out 1.0 sack per game for the rest of the year.

We can crush the Tacks in Week 17 no matter what playoff seeding is on the line. Either way the same players will be out there trying to sack Marcus Mariota barring injuries.

(12-05-2017, 07:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]49ers interior oline is weak but they have good tackles

They don't have elite offensive tackles. We seem to have near-elite defensive ends.
(12-05-2017, 07:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]49ers interior oline is weak but they have good tackles

That's when you have Dareus/Jackson get some double teams and stunt Fowler around inside. He's actually really good at that too. 

For what it's worth, I think Fowler gets there. We play some weak OLs coming up. 4 games for 3.5 sacks. He can do it.
Great to see the gigantic leap he has taken this far this year. With his insane athletic ability and lightning quick first step there was never really a doubt within the scouting community that he could be great. Looking healthy in now his second year back from the ACL the sky is the limit for Dante! He's still only 23 years old and will continue to refine his technique to add to his already freakish athleticism. Go Jags!
Calais : 14.5 sacks
Yannick : 11
Malik : 8
Dante : 7.5

With 2 games left, there is still a chance to have a third guy with 10 sacks.
(12-18-2017, 05:59 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: [ -> ]Calais : 14.5 sacks
Yannick : 11
Malik : 8
Dante : 7.5

With 2 games left, there is still a chance to have a third guy with 10 sacks.

Although highly doubtful, they could string something together where Fowler and Jackson both get to ten. We'd have four with double digit sacks...... I would have never thunkin.... Lol
What a bust.

All kidding aside - Fowler has managed 7.5 sacks on a pretty limited snap count, making it all the more impressive.

I think Marion Hobby was a total godsend for Dante and his unpolished technique.
(12-18-2017, 07:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]What a bust.

All kidding aside - Fowler has managed 7.5 sacks on a pretty limited snap count, making it all the more impressive.

I think Marion Hobby was a total godsend for Dante and his unpolished technique.

He's also kept some opponent drives alive with dumb penalties.

Right now he's still not good enough to justify a top five selection.
Trent Browns on IR now so they'll have a backup at RT.

I ain't worried about anyone on that team bar a blown coverage or two as shanny schemes us up.

Those sacks of Russell Wilson where they called those dumb penalties on him, do hey count as sacks? I think they do, right?
(12-19-2017, 01:21 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]

Those sacks of Russell Wilson where they called those dumb penalties on him, do hey count as sacks? I think they do, right?

They don't.
If not for some bogus call when we played the Browns Fowler would have a sack, strip, FF, TD to his credit sitting at 8.5 on the year...

Which would justify his top 5 selection in only his 2nd year off an acl.
If they rest starters Fowler might get a few more reps and can try to get to the ten sacks

(12-18-2017, 07:49 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]

He's also kept some opponent drives alive with dumb penalties.

Right now he's still not good enough to justify a top five selection.

What dumb penalties have he had this year? Dumb penalties are jumping offsides, personal fouls only thing I have seen called on him is hands to the face and those are aggressive penalties not dumb penalties
He's had a better season than Beasley and Leonard Williams
(12-19-2017, 02:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]He's had a better season than Beasley and Leonard Williams

Well well well, how the turntables have turned
Pages: 1 2