Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Per Khan (via Ryan O), no coaching change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
A coaching change won't make Bortles throw a spiral. He is throwing punts.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/28/jaguars-owner-shad-khan-says-no-coaching-change-for-jaguars/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/28/jaguars-owner-shad-khan-says-no-coaching-change-for-jaguars/</a>

Are you [BAD WORD REMOVED] [BAD WORD REMOVED] me?

Like I said, no marbles! Lol
I don't think I have it in me to watch another fame this season. This is so unbelievable, it's draining the life our of me.
I cannot believe this.
Quote:I cannot believe this.

I'm still very skeptical.   The recent reversal regarding the Ryan Fitzpatrick situation with the Jets comes to mind immediately that things can change very quickly after making a statement a day or two earlier.  
Quote: I'm still very skeptical. The recent reversal regarding the Ryan Fitzpatrick situation with the Jets comes to mind immediately that things can change very quickly after making a statement a day or two earlier.

As am I, D6. If Gus is the coach by the end of this week I would be surprised.
Quote:As am I, D6. If Gus is the coach by the end of this week I would be surprised.

Scarecrow,  my guess is Shad Khan is going to meet with Dave Caldwell sometime today ( Friday ).   Probably after Caldwell has a chance to review the game tapes.   At that time,  they would discuss the pros and cons of making a HC now or at a later date.    Looking at the situation objectively,  it's hard to imagine the benefits of staying the course being more appealing to Khan and Caldwell than going in a different direction for the remaining 9 games.    As valuable as stability can be in the short run and the long run,  the downside of stability in this case for the short and long run seems too high.  
D6 is like the wise owl of reason. We know Gus gonna get fired. IT'S just a matter of when. The next 5 games are all winning record teams.
It's quite clear that we are mismanaging our young players under this coaching regime. Keeping it in place for the next 9 games could prove fatal, we need a change.
Quote:D6 is like the wise owl of reason. We know Gus gonna get fired. IT'S just a matter of when. The next 5 games are all winning record teams.

As someone who has followed the NFL for a very long time,  it's just hard to envision the Jaguars being able to get things back on track with enough consistency without changing direction in a very meaningful way.    Right now,  I think even more important is the W-L results for the team is to get key players for the future back in the right direction.  
Quote:It's quite clear that we are mismanaging our young players under this coaching regime. Keeping it in place for the next 9 games could prove fatal, we need a change.

This is largely what I tried to express in my reply to BigJag57.   This Jaguars team has plenty of talent that has the potential to be part of something special.   But right now,  most of the team's young players are not progressing enough.   They are also being ingrained in a losing culture,  as unsportsmanlike and personal foul penalties are becoming the norm.   The Jaguars beat themselves in this game as much as Tennessee beat them. 
Quote: Scarecrow, my guess is Shad Khan is going to meet with Dave Caldwell sometime today ( Friday ). Probably after Caldwell has a chance to review the game tapes. At that time, they would discuss the pros and cons of making a HC now or at a later date. Looking at the situation objectively, it's hard to imagine the benefits of staying the course being more appealing to Khan and Caldwell than going in a different direction for the remaining 9 games. As valuable as stability can be in the short run and the long run, the downside of stability in this case for the short and long run seems too high.

That would be my guess as well D6. I expect a meeting of the minds tomorrow and a decision to be made. I think the stability would do more harm than good now. It's tough as a Jaguars fan to look at this entirely objectively so I really do appreciate your input and knowledge here.

I do not see how theyou can decide to continue down this path. The 1st half of this game was an embarrassment for the team, the city, the fans and the man that signs the checks.
Quote:That would be my guess as well D6. I expect a meeting of the minds tomorrow and a decision to be made. I think the stability would do more harm than good now. It's tough as a Jaguars fan to look at this entirely objectively so I really do appreciate your input and knowledge here.

I do not see how theyou can decide to continue down this path. The 1st half of this game was an embarrassment for the team, the city, the fans and the man that signs the checks.

My pleasure,  Scarecrow.

There were many plays in the first half that I couldn't believe what I was watching.   This was even after watching a tape of the Raiders game without most of the instant replays and then  predicting Tennessee would beat Jacksonville largely because of what's been transpiring with the Jaguars of late.   

Because Bradley doesn't have a history of winning as a HC,   there's really nothing to put stock in that he can get the team turned around after the way the Jaguars played in this game,  when combining that with the Raiders game. 
Quote: My pleasure, Scarecrow.

There were many plays in the first half that I couldn't believe what I was watching. This was even after watching a tape of the Raiders game without most of the instant replays and then predicting Tennessee would beat Jacksonville largely because of what's been transpiring with the Jaguars of late.

Because Bradley doesn't have a history of winning as a HC, there's really nothing to put stock in that he can get the team turned around after the way the Jaguars played in this game, when combining that with the Raiders game.

That is the most frustrating part of all of this. I am in firm belief that this roster IS talented. Young at spots but talented. The should not be looking like they are now. It's inexcusable and head scratching watching some of the plays being run.

This year of development (on top of the last 3 years) is lost due to keeping Bradley and the poor coaching around.

He's been kept a minimum of two years too long in my opinion and any stability he has provided does not outweigh all of the negative aspects of keeping that coaching around.
Quote:It's quite clear that we are mismanaging our young players under this coaching regime. Keeping it in place for the next 9 games could prove fatal, we need a change.

I couldn't agree more. A change has to be made now, before permanent damage is done.
Quote:That is the most frustrating part of all of this. I am in firm belief that this roster IS talented. Young at spots but talented. The should not be looking like they are now. It's inexcusable and head scratching watching some of the plays being run.

This year of development (on top of the last 3 years) is lost due to keeping Bradley and the poor coaching around.

He's been kept a minimum of two years too long in my opinion and any stability he has provided does not outweigh all of the negative aspects of keeping that coaching around.

Because the Jaguars won 4 games in the 2nd half of the 2013 season,  even with the quality of the opponent not being good from an NFL standard standpoint,   I thought Gus Bradley had the potential to be a winning NFL HC.    Since then though,  the results with the team haven't improved significantly even though the talent has continued to improve.   Because of that,   I now have serious doubts that Bradley and collective staff he's put together ( of course there are exceptions )  are the right group to develop the Jaguars young talent.    Even though I believe 8-8 might be enough to win the AFC South this season,  that's a secondary reason why the organization appears to need a major change in direction/ leadership.  
Being a Virginia Tech fan, I was lucky enough to have a chance to watch an exciting offensive slugfest instead of whatever the Jags did tonight. Thank you Virginia Tech football from rescuing me from watching that apocalyptic dumpster fire of a game on NFL network. I'll always be a Jags fan, but I refuse to put any effort into actively following this team until Gus Bradley has his head coaching duties removed. 

Like I said in the other thread. Of course Khan isn't going to come out and say it last night. But they didn't schedule a press conference today for nothing.
Quote:Like I said in the other thread. Of course Khan isn't going to come out and say it last night. But they didn't schedule a press conference today for nothing.

What time is the press conference today?
Pages: 1 2 3 4