Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hype who you wanna hype!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The media is all over this game and trying to push the narrative that it is the most important game this year for status and respect on a national level. I thought that was the Steelers game but nothing came out of that. I have to lean towards the cliche' that every game is important, especially in December. Ramsey has a few words on it....

Hype who you wanna hype
Watching that interview Ramsey is obviously sick of answering stupid media questions.
I found it interesting that he called himself out at the end.
I don't know why. Seatle is good, but the Legion of Boom losses occurred weeks ago and the TV coverage is entirely regional (sorry, Nashville residents). Hype it up all you want, but for playoff-clinching purposes, it doesn't serve as a tiebreaker. We need a win just to improve our overall record. The national media is going to keep saying, "Blake Bortles had a good day against a Seahhawks defense without Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor" if he throws over 300 yards again.
(12-06-2017, 05:42 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why. Seatle is good, but the Legion of Boom losses occurred weeks ago and the TV coverage is entirely regional (sorry, Nashville residents). Hype it up all you want, but for playoff-clinching purposes, it doesn't serve as a tiebreaker. We need a win just to improve our overall record. The national media is going to keep saying, "Blake Bortles had a good day against a Seahhawks defense without Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor" if he throws over 300 yards again.

There is some truth to that no doubt. I have said all along that no respect will be given for any win this year, even in the playoffs. The win will always be because the opponent had a bad game, not that the Jags whooped em!
(12-06-2017, 05:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2017, 05:42 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why. Seatle is good, but the Legion of Boom losses occurred weeks ago and the TV coverage is entirely regional (sorry, Nashville residents). Hype it up all you want, but for playoff-clinching purposes, it doesn't serve as a tiebreaker. We need a win just to improve our overall record. The national media is going to keep saying, "Blake Bortles had a good day against a Seahhawks defense without Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor" if he throws over 300 yards again.

There is some truth to that no doubt. I have said all along that no respect will be given for any win this year, even in the playoffs. The win will always be because the opponent had a bad game, not that the Jags whooped em!

The Pittsburgh game media reaction was "Big Ben had the worst game of his career." OK, so he threw five interceptions, but they weren't his fault. That was our #1 defense doing its job!
I don't blame him. The media can be so annoying sometimes in my opinion...that's coming from a fan perspective. I can't imagine how annoying they are as a player.
(12-06-2017, 05:25 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]The media is all over this game and trying to push the narrative that it is the most important game this year for status and respect on a national level. I thought that was the Steelers game but nothing came out of that. I have to lean towards the cliche' that every game is important, especially in December. Ramsey has a few words on it....

Hype who you wanna hype

Status and Respect is an elevation process.  With every notch you climb, there is another game that can elevate you higher or knock you down a notch.

... God, that sounded so good !!!
(12-06-2017, 05:25 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]The media is all over this game and trying to push the narrative that it is the most important game this year for status and respect on a national level. I thought that was the Steelers game but nothing came out of that. I have to lean towards the cliche' that every game is important, especially in December. Ramsey has a few words on it....

Hype who you wanna hype

Great player but he is so ignorant and i dont enjoy watching his interviews. Dude gave up the biggest play last week - he should just [BLEEP].
(12-06-2017, 07:28 PM)WhoYouBE Wrote: [ -> ]

Hype who you wanna hype

Great player but he is so ignorant and i dont enjoy watching his interviews. Dude gave up the biggest play last week - he should just [BLEEP].

Should just what? How many big plays has he prevented this year?
(12-06-2017, 07:28 PM)WhoYouBE Wrote: [ -> ]

Hype who you wanna hype

He acknowledged responsibility for giving up the play in the interview.  He took the focus off the defense giving up the big play and took sole responsibility for it.  Many would have hidden from their responsibility there, but he owned it.  But heck, besides the fact that big play surrendered was pretty much after the game was well in hand, he also came up with an INT after that to atone for it.  When was the last time prior to that he gave up anything close to a big play?  For that matter, how do the big plays he has surrendered in his career stack up to the big plays he has made?  I'm not just talking about the pick 6 INTs.  I'm talking every time he offers tight coverage and the opposing QB has to come off of his read and hold the ball longer, enabling defensive linemen to register sacks?  I'm talking every time he enables the defense to roll coverage away from him.  I'm talking every big time hit he's made.

For the first time at least since Mathis was in his prime (arguably beyond that), we have an All Pro caliber CB capable of shutting down an opposing WR with both athleticism and physicality, who could play well in man and zone defense, and you don't like him because of his interviews?

Would you rather a CB who gave good interviews who got regularly burnt on a weekly basis, plummeting our pass defense down the rankings and costing us game after game?!?

Unreal!
Bullseye, the last time Jalen Ramsey gave up a big play before the Colts game was probably in Week 5. Antonio Brown burned him on multiple occasions.
I love me some Jalen. So salty all the time.

(12-06-2017, 05:42 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]I found it interesting that he called himself out at the end.

Shows his maturation as a player.
(12-06-2017, 07:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Bullseye, the last time Jalen Ramsey gave up a big play before the Colts game was probably in Week 5. Antonio Brown burned him on multiple occasions.

1.  The question I posed was largely rhetorical.

2.  Brown had 157 yards receiving, not 180+.  Brown caught some of those passes on others.

3.  Even with Brown's success, Ramsey's deflection of a Big Ben pass directly led to the second pick 6 INT of the game, which played a HUGE role in the final outcome.

4.  Taking your post at face value, last week was week 13.  You are referencing a play that took place EIGHT (8) weeks earlier (nine counting the bye).  Are you (not you personally, JW) seriously going to nitpick an All Pro caliber CB for giving up a big play every eight weeks, neither of which caused any real damage to the team, whose play more than offset the end result of those big plays surrendered, simply because you don't like the way he interviews?
(12-06-2017, 08:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2017, 07:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Bullseye, the last time Jalen Ramsey gave up a big play before the Colts game was probably in Week 5. Antonio Brown burned him on multiple occasions.

1.  The question I posed was largely rhetorical.

2.  Brown had 157 yards receiving, not 180+.  Brown caught some of those passes on others.

3.  Even with Brown's success, Ramsey's deflection of a Big Ben pass directly led to the second pick 6 INT of the game, which played a HUGE role in the final outcome.

4.  Taking your post at face value, last week was week 13.  You are referencing a play that took place EIGHT (8) weeks earlier (nine counting the bye).  Are you (not you personally, JW) seriously going to nitpick an All Pro caliber CB for giving up a big play every eight weeks, neither of which caused any real damage to the team, whose play more than offset the end result of those big plays surrendered, simply because you don't like the way he interviews?
Gotta love it !!

I'm not sure why people are having a hard time with the interviews either. He was great on the NFL network Jags defense segment on Sunday.
(12-06-2017, 08:15 PM)atburg Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2017, 08:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]1.  The question I posed was largely rhetorical.

Gotta love it !!

I'm not sure why people are having a hard time with the interviews either. He was great on the NFL network Jags defense segment on Sunday.

I like the surliness. 

The media guys here tried asking the same question 3-4 different ways/times.
(12-06-2017, 08:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2017, 08:15 PM)atburg Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta love it !!

I like the surliness. 

The media guys here tried asking the same question 3-4 different ways/times.

The looks he got when they asked who the biggest talker was, were priceless.
He wasn't wrong in his interview at all.  His presentation isn't the best, but he's an athlete not a "professional interviewee".  I've cringed at times about his arrogance in some interviews in the past, but he backs it up on the field.  That's all that matters to me.
Ramsey got burned on alot of other players if it wasnt for QBs not missing, the obvious one was clearly vs AJ Green when Dalton just over throws by a whole lot. I get it, he is a great player and he will win some of the battles and lose but Im not a fan of his nasty personality, he seems like a jerk.
(12-06-2017, 09:05 PM)WhoYouBE Wrote: [ -> ]Ramsey got burned on alot of other players if it wasnt for QBs not missing, the obvious one was clearly vs AJ Green when Dalton just over throws by a whole lot. I get it, he is a great player and he will win some of the battles and lose but Im not a fan of his nasty personality, he seems like a jerk.

Regarding the part in bold, I agree and can think of another word to describe his personality/attitude.  I think that over time as he matures it will change.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5