Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So, what do you expert eyes think about Myles Jack?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dont get to watch enough football to be a pro set of eyes, I am hard pressed to watch every Jags game (But I do dammit!)

What do people with better football knowledge think of Myles so far?  Personally I've been pretty  happy with his play.  I know I was both hyped and worried when we drafted him, and his first year was a bit rough, but I think he is shaping up pretty well (but what do I know)
(12-07-2017, 06:43 PM)DrNova Wrote: [ -> ]I dont get to watch enough football to be a pro set of eyes, I am hard pressed to watch every Jags game (But I do dammit!)

What do people with better football knowledge think of Myles so far?  Personally I've been pretty  happy with his play.  I know I was both hyped and worried when we drafted him, and his first year was a bit rough, but I think he is shaping up pretty well (but what do I know)

I really like him. He should end up around 100 tackles, with 2-3 sacks which is very solid.
Funny, I was thinking about Myles Jack this morning and wondering the same exact thing in terms of what others thought of him so far. We haven't heard much about him so I'm glad you posted this.
He's pretty reckless right now, which is good and bad. He'll make some eye popping plays, then sometimes he'll miss his assignment pretty bad. Needs to work on being more disciplined. With Poz being the ultimate disciplined type player hopefully it rubs off. With this really being his first full time season I'm sure he'll learn. Easily has the upside to be a top linebacker in the league.
(12-07-2017, 07:02 PM)Jags239 Wrote: [ -> ]He's pretty reckless right now, which is good and bad. He'll make some eye popping plays, then sometimes he'll miss his assignment pretty bad. Needs to work on being more disciplined. With Poz being the ultimate disciplined type player hopefully it rubs off. With this really being his first full time season I'm sure he'll learn. Easily has the upside to be a top linebacker in the league.

Sidenote...I like your signature quote but shouldn't it be, "You know what I'm sayin?". I feel like he always says that as opposed to just "You Know" when I listen to his interviews Big Grin
He has played alright. I think he has potential to be amazing though. I think in a couple years after adjusting to the position and the NFL, getting a little smarter/wiser, he can be really good for this defense.
(12-07-2017, 07:38 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2017, 07:02 PM)Jags239 Wrote: [ -> ]He's pretty reckless right now, which is good and bad. He'll make some eye popping plays, then sometimes he'll miss his assignment pretty bad. Needs to work on being more disciplined. With Poz being the ultimate disciplined type player hopefully it rubs off. With this really being his first full time season I'm sure he'll learn. Easily has the upside to be a top linebacker in the league.

Sidenote...I like your signature quote but shouldn't it be, "You know what I'm sayin?". I feel like he always says that as opposed to just "You Know" when I listen to his interviews Big Grin

I actually did have it as "You Know What I'm Sayin" for a while, but more and more interviews I listened to I noticed he says just "You Know" a lot as well. Either way one of these is in about every sentence.
I think he's the weak link on this defense
(12-07-2017, 07:51 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]I think he's the weak link on this defense
Funny because I think he’s the most underrated player on our D.

However I understand your point. Of every single player on our starting D, he may be the weakest by default but he’s good.
(12-07-2017, 07:51 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]I think he's the weak link on this defense

At this point he probably is, but that's less of a knock on him and more about how strong the rest of the chain is.

He definitely has his pros and cons but overall he is still a bit above average with plenty of room to grow, especially since his strengths do mesh well with the current NFL. He'd also be much better if he could be playing WILL, but alas.
(12-07-2017, 07:49 PM)Jags239 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2017, 07:38 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Sidenote...I like your signature quote but shouldn't it be, "You know what I'm sayin?". I feel like he always says that as opposed to just "You Know" when I listen to his interviews Big Grin

I actually did have it as "You Know What I'm Sayin" for a while, but more and more interviews I listened to I noticed he says just "You Know" a lot as well. Either way one of these is in about every sentence.

I noticed it too. Then I started paying attention to it and died laughing every interview/press conference for a few weeks/months. Always wondered why it didn't get brought up, you know. Sometimes he says it 2 or 3 times in one sentence. During one press conference I started counting and was at like 60 or 70 after 5 minutes.
He has a lot of upside. Still learning the position. He should be playing with instinct instead of thinking too much. Made some good plays and then hit the wrong gap allowing runner to gain more yards. With the addition of Darius, now he is playing better. I think next year, he will be a pro-bowler.
Very quick and athletic, not the most physical linebacker in the world but he seems to be coming into his own. He'll be one of those guys that is constantly talked about as a pro-bowl candidate but will probably make it once or twice if at all (because Jacksonville). But he'll have a great career here.
He needs to see a barber.
Myles Jack is having a good season. He started off rough, but since then he has another reason this defense is so good. Jack can cover a lot of ground. He loves contact.

So much for that knee injury. Dude is a stud. I was wrong about him missing tackles.
Gets good depth in coverage. Good speed. Hard hitter. Still a little raw. Not as active as we may want in the running game as say a Poz who refuses to get blocked. Looks like the player we drafted him to be. When we picked him up our LB's were horrible in coverage and we were picked apart over the middle of the field over and over. Jack has erased that blemish and made teams a little reluctant to cross his face in the middle.
He good, speed kills and he's silently one of the reasons the D is elite.

I agree, but isn't that sort of like being the ugliest girl in the Miss America pageant?

(12-08-2017, 06:52 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Myles Jack is having a good season. He started off rough, but since then he has another reason this defense is so good. Jack can cover a lot of ground. He loves contact.

So much for that knee injury. Dude is a stud. I was wrong about him missing tackles.

The knee concern wasn't about the short term.  It was about whether he would need some sort of risky corrective surgery after a few years.
Ok... I guess I'll be the conflicting voice...

I'm not all that high on him, honestly. He's good, but just a guy imo.

He's made fewer notable plays than every other starter, primary rotation guy, on the defense.

His tackles stat is likely highly inflated due to his habit of diving on the pile late, which drives me insane and he does it a LOT. He nearly cost us 15 yards last week, except he actually missed his target. One of my biggest complaints about him was just made significantly more relevant, and that's that he tends to tackle/dive at people w/ his head down. Not only does this cause him to miss tackles, we all saw what happened in Pittsburgh.

I agree w/ the above that he's definitely the weakest link on our D. Granted... our D is so disgustingly stacked that a Good player can still be the worst one on the field.

Ultimately, he's fine. Not looking to bench/cut him, he's just the least impressive member of our defense (of players who start/rotate).
(12-07-2017, 07:55 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]

At this point he probably is, but that's less of a knock on him and more about how strong the rest of the chain is.

He definitely has his pros and cons but overall he is still a bit above average with plenty of room to grow, especially since his strengths do mesh well with the current NFL. He'd also be much better if he could be playing WILL, but alas.

Telvin Smith has a stranglehold on the weak side. Moving Myles Jack would be fixing what's not broke.
Pages: 1 2