Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Reporter asks Pete Carroll his thoughts on how HC Gus Bradley is doing with the Jags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lol this is classic Big Grin

To think people get paid for that
LOL, I can't believe he kept a straight face.
Lol awesome
My god, I don't take pleasure in saying I hope someone gets fired from their job but this is ridiculous. That's like showing up to a press conference tomorrow and asking how Obama or Bush is doing in office currently.
(12-07-2017, 08:45 PM)Preach Wrote: [ -> ]To think people get paid for that

Not only paid, but paid well!
It was a test, if Pete Carroll was paying attention
Shaking my head in dismay...
This reminds me, I was listening to the Doug Marrone show on the radio last night and discovered he says "you know" as a frequent filler word when he's uncomfortable answering a particular question. More so than usual. When asked about how Bortles is doing, it was a relentless stream of you knows.
That's a low key troll job.
(12-08-2017, 02:23 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: [ -> ]My god, I don't take pleasure in saying I hope someone gets fired from their job but this is ridiculous. That's like showing up to a press conference tomorrow and asking how Obama or Bush is doing in office currently.

The only difference being: People care about football..
Shows how much people pay attention to what's going on with our franchise outside of the fans and staff of the team.
(12-08-2017, 07:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]This reminds me, I was listening to the Doug Marrone show on the radio last night and discovered he says "you know" as a frequent filler word when he's uncomfortable answering a particular question. More so than usual. When asked about how Bortles is doing, it was a relentless stream of you knows.

Know what I'm sayin'?
That is one of the "Do you ever want to get away " commercials if there ever was one. What a moroone as Bugs used to say.
Wrong thread.
(12-08-2017, 08:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-08-2017, 07:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]This reminds me, I was listening to the Doug Marrone show on the radio last night and discovered he says "you know" as a frequent filler word when he's uncomfortable answering a particular question. More so than usual. When asked about how Bortles is doing, it was a relentless stream of you knows.

Know what I'm sayin'?

“I think so, definitely!”

"Uncomfortable answering a question" is the wrong way to describe it.
Yes he uses it as a filler word, but that's because he is trying to pick his words carefully. Anything a coach says can get twisted its something its not.
Many people use words like this when speaking allowed in a public setting.
If you have taken any public speaking courses you probably know that using "uhm" and "uhh" as fillers are absolute no-no's. So this sometimes is used as an alternative.

FWIW A-Rob says "you know" countless times in interviews as well.
(12-08-2017, 11:27 AM)Teal Curtain Wrote: [ -> ]

"Uncomfortable answering a question" is the wrong way to describe it.
Yes he uses it as a filler word, but that's because he is trying to pick his words carefully. Anything a coach says can get twisted its something its not.
Many people use words like this when speaking allowed in a public setting.
If you have taken any public speaking courses you probably know that using "uhm" and "uhh" as fillers are absolute no-no's. So this sometimes is used as an alternative.

FWIW A-Rob says "you know" countless times in interviews as well.

Compared to how he answered other questions which did not require so much diplomacy, his use of ‘you know’ dropped considerably. He was not comfortable answering the question about Blake Bortles.
I like how gangsta Carroll did that.

Let me translate....

"OMG, you're an idiot. Ask that question again."

(question comes about Gus)

"Do you even try? How in the hell is this your job? GTFOH!"
Hilarious. Love the “Ok,” before he goes into the passively scathing answer.
Pages: 1 2