Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cyprien
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been one of his harshest critics.

I've had very little positive to say about him.

Let me be one of the first to say it.

In a terrible game, where it was obvious most of the team had given up.

In a season where he didn't start well, following a season where he missed more tackles than ANY other safety, and tool terrible angles, and was just plain bad...

Cyprien played hard. Cyprien played well.

I may have been a critic all year so far, but even I could see it.

Tonight, Cyprien played a fantastic game. He played with more heart than anyone else on D. He played like every play mattered.

I've hated on him all year, but tonight, I salute Cyp.

Additionally, I salute both Hurns and Walters for their reactions after their touchdowns. Zero celebration. Yes. We scored. We are losing badly. Here's the ball ref. Nothing to be happy about here.

But still.... After being one of his loudest critics... Good on ya Cyp.
What was up with cyprien celebrating and pointing to the sky
Hard to notice anything positive when you're getting beat the [BLEEP] down every single snap. 

Lets get out of this loser mentality. He made some nice tackles, that's why he gets payed. Glad he did his job, though.

Quote:What was up with cyprien celebrating and pointing to the sky

initially I hated on him for it...

But then I looked at it objectively.

He's not celebrating it. It looks more religious, pointing to the sky, as if to thank God for it...

I'm not religious, so I may be off on that, but I try to understand highly religous players.

That, or maybe he's trying to generate some energy.

Ultimately, I had to put my bias aside and acknowledge a player playing well and trying g to spark something... ANYTHING for his team.
He's a limited box safety with poor tackling an football IQ at the end of the day. Yeah sure it looks like he's playing hard but that's what he's supposed to do.
Quote:Hard to notice anything positive when you're getting beat the [BAD WORD REMOVED] down every single snap.

Lets get out of this loser mentality. He made some nice tackles, that's why he gets payed. Glad he did his job, though.

He did. He did his job. I just felt, after being so hard on him, it was worth noting that, even with so many players blatantly quitting, Cup played a great game.

Coming from me, someone who has had so little positive to say about him.... Well... That's gotta mean SOMETHING... Right?!
Quote:He's a limited box safety with poor tackling an football IQ at the end of the day. Yeah sure it looks like he's playing hard but that's what he's supposed to do.
For the most part, I would agree.

The last 2 games, though... Even I have to say, he's played well. He's not a Pro Bowl SS or anything... But he has shown me, these last 2 weeks, that he has grown, and he's not the same terrible player I've seen these couple years.
Quote:What was up with cyprien celebrating and pointing to the sky
Concussion syndrome.  He is trying to point to the sideline so he can make it back on time.
Quote:He's a limited box safety with poor tackling an football IQ at the end of the day. Yeah sure it looks like he's playing hard but that's what he's supposed to do.
He has the football IQ of a rock.  Bortles and Cyprien should be in the same short bus class.
Every player looks bad when the team gets demolished on both sides of the ball every week. Simms said it best we have a defense with 0 discipline. That is coaching.

Quote:Every player looks bad when the team gets demolished on both sides of the ball every week. Simms said it best we have a defense with 0 discipline. That is coaching.

Even as bad as we looked tonight, no. Not every player looked bad.

Yannick played hard.

Cyp played hard.

Hurns played hard.

As did others... But as a team they've blatantly given up.
Been trying to tell you guys CYP is ballin
He has been playing at an extremely high level. Maybe he'll save the 2013 class

Quote:He has been playing at an extremely high level. Maybe he'll save the 2013 class

With Luke Joeckel on his way out, Jonathan Cyprien will be the last remaining member of the 2013 class next year.

People who still think JC is a bad player either don't watch Jaguars games or have memory problems. He is not great, but does his job.
I know most people on here don't like PFF, but he's currently number 2 in league against the run, for safeties.
Quote:I know most people on here don't like PFF, but he's currently number 2 in league against the run, for safeties.

What is his rank against the pass?