Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The day the Jaguars became great
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In 1996, we were a decent team that got hot at the right time. In 1999, we were a good team that slaughtered weak opponents and lost to our best one. In 2017, we're a fast, physical team that's winning the close games and not dropping the traps. We're standing up tall against the best of the NFL, not just beating up bottom feeders. We're holding on to tight leads at the end, we're constantly in the opponent's head, forcing mental errors and, oh yeah, we have a quarterback.

The 2017 Jaguars are great. For the first time, the Jaguars are a great team. And that feels good to say.
Agreed.
Yup, Super Bowl
This team could win a playoff game or 2.
This is an exciting time to be a Jaguars fan.
Thats a pretty high bar for great, I think we were great in 1999 and 2007, but in 2017, we're elite
(12-10-2017, 09:59 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [ -> ]This is an exciting time to be a Jaguars fan.

It's great to look at the playoff scenarios and see us back at the 3rd seed again. Hope we can keep it up and win the last 3.
I'm sitting here thinking:

"WTH did the coaches feed or do to these guys in training camp to make them plays this great?"
Camp Coughlin with the veteran leadership. We needed structure and chemistry. Not a cheerleader which is all Gus was.
Dare I say Bortles seems to be heating up at the right time?
(12-10-2017, 10:29 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Dare I say Bortles seems to be heating up at the right time?

Bingo Bortles play the last few weeks seems to be the biggest difference.
(12-10-2017, 10:29 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Dare I say Bortles seems to be heating up at the right time?

Agree completely. On that 75 yard reception my mind kept going back to what Vic said about Trent Dilfer making 'big time plays' during the Ravens SB run despite being a journeyman. I think bortles is better than he was, but still, he is hitting his stride at the right time.
We are still 2-4 in games that the other team has scored more than 10 points. We've won a couple of close games, which is better than normal for us, but we shouldn't be jumping straight to phrases like greatness.

Humble in victory, gracious in defeat. That goes a long way.
I really hope we host a playoff game, anyone have any ball park idea of what a home playoff ticket costs for upper bowl?
(12-11-2017, 10:13 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]I really hope we host a playoff game, anyone have any ball park idea of what a home playoff ticket costs for upper bowl?

Willing to bet they’ll approach $200 easy and get hard to come by. Never thought I’d be typing this!
(12-10-2017, 10:15 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sitting here thinking:

"WTH did the coaches feed or do to these guys in training camp to make them plays this great?"

I did see a sign on the bulletin board the day after Gus got fired that said, "Worn out soft serve machine, free to good home." So there's that.
(12-11-2017, 10:16 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2017, 10:13 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]I really hope we host a playoff game, anyone have any ball park idea of what a home playoff ticket costs for upper bowl?

Willing to bet they’ll approach $200 easy and get hard to come by. Never thought I’d be typing this!

I'll gladly play that, hope I'll be able to get them online somehow