Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The unsung hero is Lambo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's got to be Lambo. 

Remember when we led the league in missed extra points then we were forced to go for 2 in order to make up those missed points.

Remember when Myers missed 33 yarders like it was his job?

How refreshing is it to see Lambo split those uprights on extra points. Most of us was saying Myers would kill us in a playoff run...or a playoff game.

Lambo is the mayne!
LAMBO! Starting to alleviate my FG twitch.
If I made a top 5 players of the game list, he'd probably be on it.
I don't miss the anxiety I used to feel with Meyers kicking extra points. It felt like it was a coin flip every time he kicked.

The Lambo pickup was a big one. I bet we have two more losses if we kept Meyers, and probably two less if we moved on earlier.
Is Lambo the greatest mid season Jags addition? How the heck was this guy on the streets?
(12-11-2017, 01:23 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Is Lambo the greatest mid season Jags addition? How the heck was this guy on the streets?

With Mickens right behind him followed by Jim Miller.
Dareus is paying dividends too.
(12-11-2017, 01:23 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Is Lambo the greatest mid season Jags addition? How the heck was this guy on the streets?

I believe the knock on him is kick off depth and leg strength.  We have the right weather and atmosphere for him.  The ST coach is good and can get a lot out of him as well.
(12-11-2017, 02:49 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]

How is Jim Miller on this list? lol
Love that the Chargers cut the guy they cut Lambo got about a quarter of the way through the season. Lambo is pretty clutch and looks like he digs pressure situations.
I keep expecting him to miss. I'm not sure when my Myers PTSD will subside.
(12-11-2017, 02:59 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]

I believe the knock on him is kick off depth and leg strength.  We have the right weather and atmosphere for him.  The ST coach is good and can get a lot out of him as well.

With the new touchback rule it isn't really a problem any more. Teams are starting to intentionally kick it short of the goal line, so his great accuracy on FGs more than outweighs that problem (as the San Angeles Dolts now realize).

Just another way the Doofy the Bobblehead couldn't man up and do the hard work of canning Myers.
It feels so good to not have to worry anymore for XP and short FG as it was the case with Meyers and finally have a reliable kicker!
It's the Mercurial Cleats
Lambo just doesn’t have a strong leg like Myers did. Meyers had an absolute bazooka instead of a leg, it was just so inaccurate. Lambo is accurate but not a very strong. Hence why we punted from the Seattle 40ish instead of trying to FG and why most of the night Lambo just hit little line shots on the kick offs. Worked out better for the Seahawks TE to fall on it at their 25 than Lockett field it at the 5 and run it to the 35
He nails them down the center most of the time too.
[Image: CydKARw.jpg]
(12-11-2017, 02:49 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]

(12-11-2017, 02:54 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]Dareus is paying dividends too.

You expect great things from a player like Dareus. Mickens is literally the guy that came out of nowhere (off the PS as a fill in) and has killed it. I am super happy with his performance.
The Mickens story is crazy.  Do you all realize that Mickens only returned 4 punts for a total of 21 yards @ the University of Washington (Huskies).  He grew up in the Balldwin Hills / Crenshaw (Los Angeles) where the crime rate is relatively high so it's great to see him succeed.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla...ens-1.html

http://maps.latimes.com/neighborhoods/ne...haw/crime/