Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Keenan McCardell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He's coaching these guys up!   We've got an undrafted rookie free agent and a 4th round pick out there playing like solid NFL starters!  And getting better every week!  

Next man up!  Kudos to Coach McCardell! 

!!!!!
It's surreal to think that our best receivers right now are two rookies.
Yeah my buddy (Hawks fan) kept crying their 3 DBs were out, and I had to shut him up every time with "we are starting an undrafted rookie and a 4th round rookie and 2 of our best wrs are out. So it basically equals out. Those young WRs are playing really well right now. That 75 yard bomb was a thing obf beauty by both QB and WR. I think Hurns better really step it up next camp, or he may be playing elsewhere next year.
Keenan is doing a great job with these receivers. My hat is off to him - as well as Marion Hobby for helping get Fowler on track and Ngakoue to the next level. (Smoot even showed up yesterday lining up next to Dareus a few times.)
#87. My favorite Jag of all time.
A few games ago when the receivers had a ton of drops, people were calling into question his coaching ability. Keenan is a great position coach. If you watch him working with his guys, he's able to demonstrate and instruct based on his own experience, and they are starting to develop into another wave of good receivers.
I'd love to see what he can do for Arob.
I’m noticing more fight and positioning for catches. Loving the direction and what these WRs are doing. Good time for all to peak!
I think my favorite play was Westbrook's fake block to the post route .. He sold Garvin with the fakeout block and Maxwell bit hard on the move to the post to make it look like an easy TD for Bortles who threw a timely touch pass.
Having McCardell, who was a master technician at receiver HAS to be a boon for these young guys. For a guy to come out of the 12th round and play for as long as he has shows Keenan has the know how to play. To coach these guys up, put some fire in them over the past few weeks shows he has the know how to TEACH.
Bumped for this great vid of Keenan at OTAs:

https://www.jaguars.com/video/mic-dd-up-...-mccardell
(05-24-2018, 01:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Bumped for this great vid of Keenan at OTAs:

I wonder how long we can keep him until he gets a coordinator job somewhere.
(05-24-2018, 03:07 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2018, 01:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Bumped for this great vid of Keenan at OTAs:

I wonder how long we can keep him until he gets a coordinator job somewhere.

If our offense takes off as expected he won’t be around much longer. He’s a great coach and I’m rooting for him.
Damn coach! Got me wanting to run routes.
(05-24-2018, 03:34 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Damn coach! Got me wanting to run routes.

Keenan McCardell is the only reason why I love the DJ Chark pick based on his teachers as a wide receiver coach.
I love how the former Jags greats are a bridge to this new group of players

Great stuff!
Man I wonder if Marquise is tired of that white lion stuff, or maybe Kennan was just being sarcastic.
(05-24-2018, 05:59 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Man I wonder if Marquise is tired of that white lion stuff, or maybe Kennan was just being sarcastic.

He'll get over the albino tiger Reference because it didn't stop him from being paid by this team.
He did pretty good last year with what he had to work with. No Allen Robinson. Little to no Allen Hurns. Marquise Lee was about as consistent as we've grown to expect from him over the last few years and then he also had a pair of undrafted rookies in Mickens and Cole. I was skeptical of his hire at first because Jerry Sullivan grew on me. But I think he's got this group headed in the right direction.
Pages: 1 2