Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Khan... Open the checkbook. Hire Tom Coughlin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are you waiting for? What a great story this would be. Install some discipline, teach these talented players how to play. No ice cream, strict diet. 9 wins next season
Yes please
I'm on the fence about a potential Coughlin comeback , he went pretty senile that last season with the Giants.
I like him, but I'm afraid he's too old now. Let the 90's go.

He is past his prime.  So no.  Cowher I would take in a heartbeat.  

He's 70-years-old. Not sure if he'd even want to do it again. Better than Gus, and I think he'd have this team disciplined if nothing else.

Who were some of Caldwell's other potential coach hires when he interviewed Gus?

Quote:I like him, but I'm afraid he's too old now. Let the 90's go.

Where have you been. The 90's have come back full swing!
This dude is 117 years old

Quote:He is past his prime.  So no.  Cowher I would take in a heartbeat.  
Exactly.

Or Josh McDaniels, SOMEONE.
Quote:I'm on the fence about a potential Coughlin comeback , he went pretty senile that last season with the Giants.
I would take a senile Coughlin over a focused bradley any day of the week
Quote:He is past his prime.  So no.  Cowher I would take in a heartbeat.  
Cowher is not leaving his cushy job.  I doubt he every coaches again
Yea but imagine his first talk to the team if Khan opened up his check book for Cowher.  

1. Do not blame the fans for your poor performance

2. I watched the game. You all quit by half time

3. Bortles fix your game or we draft a new qb next year. 

4. same goes for you Robinson and same for you Ramsey. 

5.Constant drops or uncalled for penalties not on my watch. 

Cowher

Gruden

Coughlin

Any of the 3.
I like the coach for Texas a&m but he already makes 6 million a year. 

We need to hire Bud Kilmer.

"Blake you think you don't have to listen to me? Your dad was a no talent [BLEEP] but at least he listened!"
People are so so so crazy about Gruden and Cowher. The ONLY reason they'd come here ever is to take the money. Which would be an absurd amount. They've been out of coaching a long time. And Tom Coughlin is old as rocks and won't build anything here. Youd be getting what? 2 years? No thanks. I want a 10+ year coach.
Quote:This dude is 117 years old
I'll take a 117 yr old Coughlin over Bradley.  Look at Dick LeBeau, the DC of the Titans; older than dirt, but had a good scheme tonight, tho granted that isn't exactly the biggest challenge in the world.  Good sound coaching knows no age limits...
Quote:No ice cream, strict diet. 9 wins next season

When you aspire to 9 grand wins the following year, before midseason of the current year

A Jags fan

Losing has scorched...
Quote:I'll take a 117 yr old Coughlin over Bradley.  Look at [BAD WORD REMOVED] LeBeau, the DC of the Titans; older than dirt, but had a good scheme tonight, tho granted that isn't exactly the biggest challenge in the world.  Good sound coaching knows no age limits...
you're looking for good memories from the 90s. Coughlin doesn't have it anymore. But you're right. Coughlin not having it anymore beats a Bradley who never had it. Coughlin isn't the answer for the team.
Quote:He's 70-years-old. Not sure if he'd even want to do it again. Better than Gus, and I think he'd have this team disciplined if nothing else.

Who were some of Caldwell's other potential coach hires when he interviewed Gus?

Dave Caldwell interviewed eventual Redskins HC Jay Gruden,  as well as Brian Schottenheimer.  I recall Caldwell having interest in 49ers OC Greg Roman.