Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Question regarding Smith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should we be worried about him? I'm assuming this is all regarding the concussion protocol. If so, he's missed the last two games right? Should we be concerned? If I missed some info, I apologize.
You don't want him out there with any lingering effects. All part of the protocol
Keep him shelved for as long as necessary. Poz is playing out of his mind.
(12-11-2017, 03:28 PM)jagshype Wrote: [ -> ]You don't want him out there with any lingering effects. All part of the protocol
Keep him shelved for as long as necessary. Poz is playing out of his mind.

Except on coverage hand off to the safeties.  POZ on WRs is very bad for us. 

Last thing we want is back to back concussions.  I think the protocol looks at helping players through the rebound phase where they are more susceptible to a reoccurrence.
Considering he practiced twice last week, but then was held out of the final practice and the game, I tend to think they are being cautious with him with the hope of having him 100% for the play-offs with no lingering effects.

Just my gut on the matter.
(12-11-2017, 03:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Considering he practiced twice last week, but then was held out of the final practice and the game, I tend to think they are being cautious with him with the hope of having him 100% for the play-offs with no lingering effects.

Just my gut on the matter.

I agree. Just a little concerning. But I agree to be more cautious with him. I'd hate to see this linger with his career. Especially at that position and the speed he comes with.... Sucks.
No more concerned than I would be about any other player who sustains a concussion. He'll be fine.
Get him well for the playoff run. I think our defense is going to carry us to at least the AFC championship.
I would not be upset if he was a healthy / precautionary scratch vs the Texans or played a very limited role. No reason to rush this stuff.
Poz is taking full advantage of the extra playing time. Blair Brown has filled in better than expected. Not nearly the same presence as Telvin but he isn't making any dumb mistakes.
Better safe than sorry. I go "big picture" with Telvin, and make absolutely sure he has healed from the concussion.
Jalen Ramsey should play linebacker in nickel when Smith is out.
Sometimes, there's a silver lining to a player being out for a few weeks. They come back very well rested with all the little nicks and dings healed up.
(12-12-2017, 05:34 AM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]Jalen Ramsey should play linebacker in nickel when Smith is out.

No.

Ramsey is a corner.  Leave him at corner.

Blair Brown is a pretty good athlete.  He needs reps.

If Smith is out, give Blair Brown the reps.
Agree with Bullseye, Brown needs to get up to speed, no point weakening other areas when we have a young athlete learning his trade next to Poz.
(12-12-2017, 07:41 AM)JagSwag Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with Bullseye, Brown needs to get up to speed, no point weakening other areas when we have a young athlete learning his trade next to Poz.

Yep, Brown needs snaps while we're playing lesser teams like the tinhorns, clots, and seahags.
I’m not all that impressed with Brown. He looked responsible for one of those TDs last week, and I’m pretty sure he was responsible last week too. I have to go back and watch it to make sure. I think a lot of his flaws are overlooked because everyone around him is performing so well.
Brown has played well. Neither TD on blown coverage was his responsibility. Jags coverage got caught trying to cover the middle where teams like to expose us.

The more reps the 2nd tier guys get, the better the team is overall. Injuries will happen and minimizing talent dropoff is important.
(12-12-2017, 10:26 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Brown has played well. Neither TD on blown coverage was his responsibility. Jags coverage got caught trying to cover the middle where teams like to expose us.

The more reps the 2nd tier guys get, the better the team is overall. Injuries will happen and minimizing talent dropoff is important.

I agree.  You could see them trying to communicate during the pre-snap on the first of the 3 touchdowns from Wilson.  The whole team played well and Wilson is a gamer who can take advantage of breakdowns in coverage.  What was more impressive to me was AJ Bouye baiting Wilson on that first interception.
(12-12-2017, 10:20 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not all that impressed with Brown. He looked responsible for one of those TDs last week, and I’m pretty sure he was responsible last week too. I have to go back and watch it to make sure. I think a lot of his flaws are overlooked because everyone around him is performing so well.
Well he's also played in 2 games so.....

He sacked Wilson last week so that's more than a lot of other players can say.