Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Statement from the Jacksonville Jaguars on Fan Behavior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Statement from the Jacksonville Jaguars on Fan Behavior

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...4bc2cbba3e

The Jacksonville Jaguars in no way condone the behavior of a small group of fans that occurred at the conclusion of Sunday’s Jaguars vs. Seahawks game.
They do make it clear that if you get ejected from the stadium, you can lose your ticket privileges. If you throw stuff on the field, you can lose your ticket privileges. A handful of individuals created a situation where a great win was marred by the national coverage only focusing on the fan reaction, and not on the game itself.
(12-11-2017, 06:25 PM)Jaxson Wrote: [ -> ]Statement from the Jacksonville Jaguars on Fan Behavior

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...4bc2cbba3e

The Jacksonville Jaguars in no way condone the behavior of a small group of fans that occurred at the conclusion of Sunday’s Jaguars vs. Seahawks game.

I am in complete agreement with the Jaguars policies and actions.
For the record, had the player just continued to the locker room none of the subsequent fan interaction would have happened.

*And, as a former catcher, never take off your helmet or mask.
I'm still amazed that anyone would waste beer, personally.
They deserve what they get. They wouldn't do it if they knew they could get checked by the players. It's the same thing as internet trash talkers. No physical consequences. Now these idiots could possibly miss out on attending the playoffs; if we clinch the division (they'd probably find another way in tbh though).
(12-11-2017, 06:43 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still amazed that anyone would waste beer, personally.

Never actually thought of this but this should actually be the major story overall. What are they up to, $10-12 for a pint?
Quote:During the incident, four individuals threw five objects from the stands. These objects included plastic cups with ice and liquid, a bag of popcorn and a plastic bottle.  In accordance with the Jaguars’ Fan Code of Conduct, these individuals are being identified and will be contacted. If they are Jaguars season ticket holders they will immediately have their season ticket member privileges revoked indefinitely.  Those purchasing single game tickets will indefinitely lose the option to purchase tickets for future games through the Jaguars and our affiliates. In addition, each will be banned from attending Jaguars games in the future.

Sounds like the right way to handle this. Hopefully we don't see anything of the sort moving forward.
(12-11-2017, 08:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:During the incident, four individuals threw five objects from the stands. These objects included plastic cups with ice and liquid, a bag of popcorn and a plastic bottle.  In accordance with the Jaguars’ Fan Code of Conduct, these individuals are being identified and will be contacted. If they are Jaguars season ticket holders they will immediately have their season ticket member privileges revoked indefinitely.  Those purchasing single game tickets will indefinitely lose the option to purchase tickets for future games through the Jaguars and our affiliates. In addition, each will be banned from attending Jaguars games in the future.

Sounds like the right way to handle this. Hopefully we don't see anything of the sort moving forward.

Alcohol is a hell of a drug.
(12-11-2017, 06:43 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still amazed that anyone would waste beer, personally.

They didn't waste beer. They made proper use of Bud Light.
lol, with the current system, they can ban all they want, it won't keep fans out.
(12-11-2017, 08:18 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]lol, with the current system, they can ban all they want, it won't keep fans out.

If they were to have a team representative show up at their house with a JSO officer alongside to formally trespass them from the stadium, that gives it some sharp legal teeth.
While the target perhaps deserved it, fans need to have some restraint.
Could they be charged with simple assault as well? I would not rule out the possibility.
(12-11-2017, 08:44 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]Could they be charged with simple assault as well? I would not rule out the possibility.

I would. Pressing charges against fans is bad for business.
Low IQ+Too much Alcohol+huge win= The fan reactions!
(12-11-2017, 08:17 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]

They didn't waste beer. They made proper use of Bud Light.

Ahh.. in that case I retract my previous comment.
9-4
It's pretty much expected. What I'm a little surprised about is no suspensions for any of the Seahawks.
(12-11-2017, 08:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

That's why him going towards the stands is bush league. Of course the jaguars were going to handle it. Makes all the articles on this frustrating because they aren't focusing on the on-field shenanagins.
The League is going after the fans harder than the players. What Bennett did should not be tolerated. He could have ended Lindner's career, or worse... Bunch of baloney...(pun intended)
Pages: 1 2