Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hi Jags Fans, Fulham here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, Friends of Fulham, we're an unofficial Forum, bit like yourselves, for Kahns other investment, Fulham FC, you can take a look at our Forum here

Since our take over, we've never really been introduced to the Jacksonville Jaguars, or their fans, I think the Team has visited the US, and vice verse, but, I don't really think we've had the opportunity to ask any questions etc.

When the Kahn's took over, they changed quite a bit at FFC, we experienced relegation from the Premiership in the first season, then nearly fell straight through the trap door of the Championship, after some horrendous decision making.

It's not been an easy ride to date, the Kahns have not had an easy ride their selves at the Club, narrowly missing out on the playoffs last season, but failing to invest right this season, and messing up a glorious opportunity for automatic promotion back to the Premiership.

You guys have had more experience of our owners, so, some members of the Friends of Fulham Foum, have some questions to put forward, if you don't mind answering.

I know both sports differ somewhat, but, it'd be nice to get some feedback, to see if things are likely to improve for FFC.

Cheers,

Q (Snakrs) "Did they ever view the Khans with suspicion as to keeping the Jags in Jacksonville and do they still think they will?

The Khans have always had a statistical view of draft picks, did statistics overrule ability?
Is it only the appointment of Coughlin that turned the franchise round this season?
Has Shahid been too loyal to head coaches who weren’t producing?"

Q (Southcoastffc) "What kind of communication is there between owner and fans.? How frequent? How meaningful?" 

Q (Holders) "Any questions must concern the owner: Did he make promises that didn't seem to be borne out that then eventually came good? Is his communication equally as non-existent for them? I feel that he's got no obvious interest in football - do they think that he takes an interest in their pastime or is it just an ego-trip?"

Q (Lighthouse) "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How much do fans care that the game is being pushed in London and a few games are now played over here. Does it make you pleased or couldn't you care less. Is playing in London a distraction or are you pleased just with the results?"[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (F(f)CUK) "Do they follow what happens at Fulham and does it make them more likely to show interest in our results compared to say Manchester United or others?"[/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (SuperFulham323) "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do they view his involvement with Fulham as a gateway to gradually move the Jaguars to London? And on the whole are they happy with the way the Khans have run the Jacksonvile Jaguars so far?"[/font][/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (Steven Ageroad) "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What was their initial view of Khans takeover of the club, was it positive or did they think that someone else should have taken over the club because I understand that the Jacksonville Jaguars was not Khans first choice?" [/font][/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (mrmicawbers) "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can they buy any Fulham merchandise in the Jags store?íf no would there be any interest in some?"[/font][/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q) (Fulham Tup North) [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What's your thoughts on Leonard Fournette?
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

Has he been one of the finds of the season?

Do you think you might make it to the Super Bowl? 

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Go Jags Smile[/font][/font][/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (Carborundum) [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A close season of three months seems very long.  How do they cope with a seven or eight month wait?[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (VicHalomsLovechild) [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Jags are on a roll at the moment. Do their fans feel it's the beginning of a long period of good times or are current results just a false dawn?[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/font][/font][/font]
Mr. Kahn has proven himself to be fully committed to Jacksonville and keeping the team here. In my opinion, Caldweill has done maybe slightly better than average in acquiring talent. However, since Coughlin came back, there has been a noticeable change in the approach to free agents. The free agents acquired this past off season is what really put the team over the top. I don't see the same success this season without Coughlin.
The Khan's are rock stars here. Be patient, seems every thing he touches eventually wins.
Someone will answer all those questions.
But kind of a tldr version of answer: Shad is an incredible NFL owner and has done everything right to bring a winner to Jacksonville. Does not interfere in the football aspects of the team. He has backed his commitment with his massive investment into the team and facilities. He helps in his own way and finds the right people to do the job. Coughlin helped bring a winning mindset/experience to the organization from top to bottom.

This is the type of owner every NFL fan wishes for.
Fortunately there is a lot of shared revenue in the NFL so he has been able to take a patient approach for the Jaguars. The London game has been a boon to the team's bottom line as well. My understanding of your leagues is dog eat dog world so it maybe difficult to do an apples to apples comparison.
Q (Snakrs) "Did they ever view the Khans with suspicion as to keeping the Jags in Jacksonville and do they still think they will?
The Khans have always pledged their commitment to Jacksonville and have backed that up by investing in the city.

The Khans have always had a statistical view of draft picks, did statistics overrule ability?
I'm not sure the Khans have had involvement in the football side of things. Don't think they influenced much with regards to draft picks.

Is it only the appointment of Coughlin that turned the franchise round this season?
No. Coughlin was a big help to bring a winning mentality and he helped bring better talent to the team. However, a combination of Coughlin, our coach Doug Marrone, and our players' talent is what turned the franchise around.

He fired Gus Bradley who wasn't producing (granted, after several years, but I don't blame him)

Q (Southcoastffc) "What kind of communication is there between owner and fans.? How frequent? How meaningful?" 
Can't answer this one well for you since I don't live in Jacksonville currently. I don't think he interacts much with the fans, but he has upgraded the stadium and done a lot of positive things for the fan experience.

Q (Holders) "Any questions must concern the owner: Did he make promises that didn't seem to be borne out that then eventually came good? Is his communication equally as non-existent for them? I feel that he's got no obvious interest in football - do they think that he takes an interest in their pastime or is it just an ego-trip?"
Good question. Khan seems to be competitive and wants to win. He promised upgrades to the stadium as well as keeping the team in Jacksonville, and he's done both. He also has big plans for the Shipyards, which you can research by looking up Jacksonville Shipyards. Also, I do think he has an interest in American Football, but he doesn't get involved much in the team itself (he leaves that up to the GM and Coughlin)

Q (Lighthouse) "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How much do fans care that the game is being pushed in London and a few games are now played over here. Does it make you pleased or couldn't you care less. Is playing in London a distraction or are you pleased just with the results?"[/font]
I personally think it's cool seeing the team play in London. I grew up in Eastern Europe and wasn't exposed to American Football until I moved here. It is a great sport and I think it's a good idea to spread it across the pond. Not sure if it will ever get big in Europe, but at least the people there can enjoy a few games, just like I enjoy going to see Premier League clubs play here.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (F(f)CUK) "Do they follow what happens at Fulham and does it make them more likely to show interest in our results compared to say Manchester United or others?"[/font][/font]
I don't think many people here follow the Premier League. For me specifically, I have watched the Premier League since I was little and have already established views on the clubs there, so the Khans buying the Jaguars didn't impact my view of Fulham.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (SuperFulham323) "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do they view his involvement with Fulham as a gateway to gradually move the Jaguars to London? And on the whole are they happy with the way the Khans have run the Jacksonvile Jaguars so far?"[/font][/font][/font]
No. I don't think anyone here thinks his involvement with Fulham will have anything to do with the Jaguars and London, he has committed a lot into the Jaguars staying here. And yes, we are very happy with the way they have run the organization (granted probably even more happy with the recent success of the team).

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (Steven Ageroad) "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What was their initial view of Khans takeover of the club, was it positive or did they think that someone else should have taken over the club because I understand that the Jacksonville Jaguars was not Khans first choice?" [/font][/font][/font]
Initially I was afraid that the team would move out of Jacksonville, so I wanted anyone who would keep the team here. I think everyone was afraid of that, and Khan quickly made it known he wanted the team to stay, and backed the talk up by investing heavily into the team and city.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (mrmicawbers) "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can they buy any Fulham merchandise in the Jags store?íf no would there be any interest in some?"[/font][/font][/font]
Not that I know of. I haven't seen any Fulham merchandise in/around the stadium. I don't think there's enough interest.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q) (Fulham Tup North) [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What's your thoughts on Leonard Fournette?[/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Great running back as long as he stays healthy.
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

I wouldn't necessarily classify him a "find" but he has been great. Someone like Keelan Cole would be what I would consider a "find."

We're all hoping for it. I don't think there is a single team in the NFL that we can't beat, however it will obviously be difficult.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Go Jags Smile[/font][/font][/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (Carborundum) [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A close season of three months seems very long.  How do they cope with a seven or eight month wait?[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
I watch Footy, but it is awful having to wait so long for the Jaguars to play again. One of my biggest complaints of the NFL, although I understand it, and it won't change.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (VicHalomsLovechild) [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Jags are on a roll at the moment. Do their fans feel it's the beginning of a long period of good times or are current results just a false dawn?[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
Jaguars fans in recent years have been very skeptical of any good results by the team, but this year is different. We have put together good game after good game, and on top of that the team is very young and talented. I believe the Jags will be good for years to come.

Now I have a similar question for the Fulham supporters. Have the Khans owning the Jaguars brought more Jaguars supporters there? Do you think more people watch the NFL because of the games being played in London, or is it just a novelty still?
My, that's a lot of questions but I'll give it a shot:

A1: As someone who doesn't live in Jacksonville but has visited the city and stadium twice now as well as met a fair few fans, I'd say most people were cautiously optimistic about Khan buying the team. A franchise changing owners is always a time of worry for the fans because you simply don't know what you're getting. Some fans in St. Louis were happy when Kroenke blocked Khan's takeover of the Rams because they thought Kroenke would be loyal to the city, now see what happened. That being said: A Pakistani, muslim owner buying an NFL team in a city that is so ingrained with military support did rub some people the wrong way, let's just say that some comments online (including on this board) at the time would not be repeated in polite company.

A2: We don't know. Khan's son Tony Khan does head up the statistical analysis department for the Jags but how teams evaluate and rank talent is an intensely guarded secret.

A3: No, but it's largely indicative of the change of culture within the organization.

A4: Very much debateable. In hindsight Bradley didn't deserve four years as head coach but when Bradley started as coach, the team well and truly sucked. But one thing that's important here: consistency counts for a lot in the NFL, historically the worst franchises have been the ones that turnover their organizations at the drop of a hat. 

A: Between owner and fans: Very little IMO but that's the way it should be in the NFL. The Jaguars aren't the only business Khan owns and he can't be every where at once, that's why he installed Mark Lamping as the top man for the business side of the franchise and as of this year Coughlin does essentially the same on the football side.

A: See the above answer but I have yet to see Khan make a promise he doesn't intend on keeping. In fact I can't remember a promise he hasn't kept but I might be mistaken here.

Q (Lighthouse) "How much do fans care that the game is being pushed in London and a few games are now played over here. Does it make you pleased or couldn't you care less. Is playing in London a distraction or are you pleased just with the results?"

A: As a European fan (Dutch) I think the London games are great, a weekend in London reduces the cost of going to an NFL game to less than the price of a return flight to Jacksonville. Some American fans don't like the fact it's taking a home game away from Jacksonville but the London game is helping to keep the Jags profitable and thus helping to keep the team in Jacksonville. 

Q (F(f)CUK) "Do they follow what happens at Fulham and does it make them more likely to show interest in our results compared to say Manchester United or others?"

A: I check up on the scores about once a week. I personally have little interest in soccer outside the Euros or the World Cup which as a Dutchie means I have very little interest in soccer. 

Q (SuperFulham323) "Do they view his involvement with Fulham as a gateway to gradually move the Jaguars to London? And on the whole are they happy with the way the Khans have run the Jacksonvile Jaguars so far?"

A1: I personally don't but some people do and the media just loves to bring it up because it makes for an easy storyline. One thing I do see happening is the London move being used as a bargaining chip against the city to get approval for major renovations to the stadium. Everbank Field is due a renovation in about five years, right in line with the timeline for putting a team in London.

A2: I'm ecstatic about how Khan runs the team. The stadium has been massively improved, and the result on the field now matches the result on the business side. 

Q (Steven Ageroad) "What was their initial view of Khans takeover of the club, was it positive or did they think that someone else should have taken over the club because I understand that the Jacksonville Jaguars was not Khans first choice?"

A: Khan initially wanted to buy the St. Louis Rams because he went to college in Missouri and that's where he made his fortune. He was blocked by a minority owner who had a clause that enabled him to match any offer. Thing about buying an NFL franchise is that they're the ultimate status symbol; Khan didn't want to buy the Rams, he wanted to buy an NFL team, it's just that the Rams were available and the most obvious choice. When that didn't work out he moved on to the next option to fulfill his dream of being an NFL owner.

Q (mrmicawbers) "Can they buy any Fulham merchandise in the Jags store?íf no would there be any interest in some?"

A: I have no idea.

Q) (Fulham Tup North) What's your thoughts on Leonard Fournette?

A1: Fournette gives the offense a dimension it didn't have before and it has helped Bortles play better which was one of the major question marks coming into the season. Without Fournette this team would still be playing good but I doubt we'd be in the running for the #3 seed right now. 

A2: There's not a team in the league the Jags can't beat right now. But the playoffs are a funny thing, bad teams can get hot and make a run and good teams can choke up and flush their chance down the drain. There's no best-of-5 series here where you can lose the first game and still recover, it's elimination only and once you lose, you're done. 

Q (Carborundum) A close season of three months seems very long.  How do they cope with a seven or eight month wait?

A: Alcohol and what Jimmy Carr refers to as "men's special interest literature".

Q (VicHalomsLovechild) The Jags are on a roll at the moment. Do their fans feel it's the beginning of a long period of good times or are current results just a false dawn?

A: Tough to say, players can seem to be the long term future one yearand then fall off a very steep cliff the next and the NFL's salary cap system means you can never keep all the talent you want. But I think this team is built to last, the stars we have now are all fairly young and those that aren't mostly play in positions where decent replacements are easy to find. The big question is still the QB, has Blake's recent good play been a sign that he's turning a corner or is it just a flash in the pan?
I think Khan is a very smart guy.   I don't think he buys sports teams just to own them.  I think he wants to win.  But I think he will be very patient and try to have a long term plan.  I also think he has a good sense of what he doesn't know, and will trust more expert people to make decisions in areas where he knows he is deficient.   He's not a meddlesome type of owner.   He appoints people to do jobs and lets them do their job without interference.   He delegates football decisions.  That is very wise, because there are a lot of owners in the NFL who think they know enough to make football decisions, and they inevitably screw things up.  NFL ownership has a few clowns who think that because they are billionaires, they are smart enough to make football decisions, and they inevitably sabotage their teams' results.   Thankfully, Khan is not one of those.  

In short, my impression of Khan is that he is a very smart man who is very methodical and patient and delegates things to people who he knows have more expertise than he does.

We went through several years of really bad football, but in retrospect, we were methodically building up the talent level to the point where all of a sudden this year, everything just turned around totally.  All the while, Khan was investing in the fan experience with scoreboard upgrades and stadium upgrades, and also a new locker room for the players, new workout facilities, and he's partnered with the city in some important investments around the stadium. 

I don't know anything about the Fulham football club, but if your experience is anything like ours, then you might suddenly see unexpected steady, permanent  upward progress in your team's performance.   Let's hope so.  I don't even know how you guys are doing right now other than what you told us in your initial post.
Also, make sure you check out the other section of this message board called All Sports Forum  where we have an Official Premier League thread.  We don't have a lot of activity on it but do follow it a bit and make a few notes of Fulham's recent progress in the EFL Championship League in which they got off to a slow start this year but have recently done better.

You get robbed last year against Reading in the playoffs -- that was a cheap penalty call !!!   As a result, I was glad to seem Reading lose the championship game and not be promoted.

I just watched that penalty again at the 37 second mark ... what a terrible call !!   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7j2pDaZi5o
FriendsoffulhamWell, Friends of Fulham, we're an unofficial Forum, bit like yourselves, for Kahns other investment, Fulham FC, you can take a look at our Forum here

Since our take over, we've never really been introduced to the Jacksonville Jaguars, or their fans, I think the Team has visited the US, and vice verse, but, I don't really think we've had the opportunity to ask any questions etc.

When the Kahn's took over, they changed quite a bit at FFC, we experienced relegation from the Premiership in the first season, then nearly fell straight through the trap door of the Championship, after some horrendous decision making.

It's not been an easy ride to date, the Kahns have not had an easy ride their selves at the Club, narrowly missing out on the playoffs last season, but failing to invest right this season, and messing up a glorious opportunity for automatic promotion back to the Premiership.

You guys have had more experience of our owners, so, some members of the Friends of Fulham Foum, have some questions to put forward, if you don't mind answering.

I know both sports differ somewhat, but, it'd be nice to get some feedback, to see if things are likely to improve for FFC.

Cheers,

There was suspicion by a small group but with zero merit. Mr. Khan has heavily invested in this team and the city it resides. Every franchise is going to have a suspicious doom and gloom crowd.

Statistics are a tool in the process, not the process itself.

Mr Kahn is a business man and he puts full trust in those he hired to run the team. He has not pretended to even have half a clue in the operations aspects, therefore does not typically interfere. 

Mr. Khan has frequent, personal contact when in town. However, once again, he is the owner and lets operations carry on without his interference. He has not appeared to me a man that requires face time and recognition.

Mr. Khan is a huge football (soccer)fan. He is also a big NFL. Because of his wealth and interest, what better investment. For FFC, he has mentioned it as a passion versus investment a time or two in U.S. media. You understand he has a childhood connection to your area right?

It was a distraction at first but now has become a key financial and fan resource for the Jaguars. The NFL was moving in the direction anyways. As a season ticket holder, I’m okay with the number of games now but would be annoyed if an additional game was added.

I have tried to follow FFC but honestly, the passion for football over here is not the same as what it is there. Honestly, a stronger Jaguars/FFC partnership may be beneficial for all.

Not at all! Mr. Khan is a rock star! 

It was bittersweet. Original owners were and are so important to the Jaguars existence. With that said, the team was desperate for a new and fresh direction. Mr. Khan has been a huge positive.

Not that I have seen, but I’d be willing to purchase.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q) (Fulham Tup North) [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What's your thoughts on Leonard Fournette?[/font][/font][/font][/font]

A welcomed addition. Expect he’ll be a big piece of the offense moving forward.

Has he been one of the finds of the season? Honestly, not in my opinion. We have had better additions via Free Agency.

Do you think you might make it to the Super Bowl? I don’t think so. This is the best opportunity in a long time. 

Is this referring to in season or off? Not sure what is being asked.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] We are built for sustained success but only time will time.[/font][/font][/font][/font]
(12-14-2017, 03:52 PM)Friendsoffulham Wrote: [ -> ]Well, Friends of Fulham, we're an unofficial Forum, bit like yourselves, for Kahns other investment, Fulham FC, you can take a look at our Forum here

Cheers,

Just my opinion...

...Shad made commitments to stay in Jacksonville, as long as the team is financially viable here.  Also, he has made significant investments to the stadium, and is a player for other city projects.  His words, actions, and dollars would indicate he is in Jacksonville to stay. 

...No.  Analytics are used as just one tool for the General Manager to use.  There are no signs that stats have overruled ability.
...Coughlin has brought in a culture, and does get some credit.  However, hitting on free agent player acquisitions, recent good drafting and development (many pre-dating Coughlin), luck of lack of injuries, and better coaching are some of the other main reasons for the turnaround. 
...The team had a very poor roster when Coach Bradley and Shad started.  They agree on a 4 year turnaround program.  As fans, we don't like to wait for 4 years to become acceptable, and the negative pressure was building.  Shad gave Bradley the time period promised, and when the team did not win enough games, he cut Bradley.  I would not say he is too loyal; however, I would say he made the coach ultimately accountable for not reaching the stated goal.  

...The organization as a whole is very communicative to the fans, in both frequency and content.  I would say Shad delegates more organizational communication to the fans to his Jaguar staff (VP, GM, Coaches, etc...).  I would characterize his communication to the fan base as common, but not frequent.   

...Shad has shown a genuine interest in American football, especially in his Jaguars, and it is definitely not just an ego-trip for him.  With his actions, I believe he is trying to greatly improve not just the team, but the community.  He has kept all promises that I am aware of.  Sorry to hear he may not have the same commitment and communication for FFC.

Q (Lighthouse) "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How much do fans care that the game is being pushed in London and a few games are now played over here. Does it make you pleased or couldn't you care less. Is playing in London a distraction or are you pleased just with the results?"
...for the Jags, the one game played in London provides improved team economics, allowing Shad greater long-term viability to keep the team in Jacksonville.  As the team improves, more fans will fill the seats in Jacksonville, making the need for the London game less crucial.  However, I think Shad will continue to have a game played in London, as he wants to grow the fan base (and the extra revenue is, well, nice).  Most true Jags fans do not like losing one of the home games, but understand the reality and team benefit.  
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (F(f)CUK) "Do they follow what happens at Fulham and does it make them more likely to show interest in our results compared to say Manchester United or others?"
[/font]
[/font]
...most Jags fans do not follow Fulham because it is owned by Shad.  The local news channels will occasionally mention a Fulham result, where it never would have been mentioned prior.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (SuperFulham323) "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do they view his involvement with Fulham as a gateway to gradually move the Jaguars to London? And on the whole are they happy with the way the Khans have run the Jacksonvile Jaguars so far?"
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
...The logistics of an NFL team locating on a full schedule basis to London is viewed by most as not realistic, given the distance.  With Shad's investments being made in the stadium and Jacksonville, I do not envision a move from Jacksonville.  I think most fans would indicate they are very happy with Shad running the Jags thus far.  The one criticism you may hear is that many wanted him to fire Coach Bradley sooner than he did, but, he stuck with the upfront stated 4 year plan. 

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (Steven Ageroad) "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What was their initial view of Khans takeover of the club, was it positive or did they think that someone else should have taken over the club because I understand that the Jacksonville Jaguars was not Khans first choice?" 
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
...Many were very nervous when he first took over the team, as there was so much rumor that he might relocate the Jags to Los Angeles, and capitalize on a huge US market without an NFL team.  Also, Khan was not from Jacksonville.  He quickly put the public uncertainty to rest.  

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (mrmicawbers) "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can they buy any Fulham merchandise in the Jags store?íf no would there be any interest in some?"
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
...No idea.  I think you would find some takers for the novelty of it, but not strong interest at this time.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q) (Fulham Tup North) [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What's your thoughts on Leonard Fournette?
...Fournette is a very good power back when healthy.  He was getting more yards after contact earlier in the season, but seems to go down easier of late.  He has had a nagging ankle issue that likely won't be much better until after the season with rest. 
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

...He has been a solid workhorse to date, with a few highlight runs.  He's been good, but I would not say great thus far.

...We just need to win 1 of 3 games to be played to make it into the playoffs.  Once in the playoffs, it's any team.  The Jags should have a good shot to make it to the Superbowl if they can remain healthy and the quarterback (known for inconsistency) can maintain his latest very good level of play.  

Go Fulham FC!!!

[quote pid='1076306' dateline='1513281137']

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/font][/font][/font]
[/quote]
Great questions. I'll just add a few thoughts on some of them...

I'm not sure why you feel this way, but Khan is most definitely interested in football... both kinds. I remember back during the London game, and them showing Khan watching an FCC game. You could tell he cares deeply. Moreover, when I've heard him talk about FCC it's not just a money maker for him. There are many investments that can make him more money, but he's following his passion with the team.

The winning over the past few years makes me love the yearly London game, although I live in Wasington state so I'm not losing a home game. That said, I think home fans understand that the revenue from the London game helps to improve the situation in Jacksonville. While fans only get seven home games, when it comes to team revenue it's like having a 9th home game.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q (Steven Ageroad) "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What was their initial view of Khans takeover of the club, was it positive or did they think that someone else should have taken over the club because I understand that the Jacksonville Jaguars was not Khans first choice?" [/font][/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't believe Khan ever really had a choice. The Rams represented his first real opportunity to purchase a franchise. It may have helped that he had some dealings in the area, but it's not like he had multiple franchises to choose from. He couldn't get the Rams, but as soon as another opportunity to purchase a team presented itself, he jumped on it. Now that he's here, he's done everything to prove he's devoted to staying here.[/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't know about Jacksonville itself, but I'm guessing they don't have anything just like here. I do believe, however, that there may be a good 5 percent of the fan base that might buy some FCC gear if they could. [/font][/font]

4net has just been warmin up. He's impressed, but I'm certain his best football is in front of him.

When we look back at out other options in the draft, we defintiely made the correct decision. The same goes for our round two pick.

The day Tom Coughlin signed, my wife posted on her FB page that the Jaguars would make the Super Bowl this season. I wasn't so sure, but I've come around. I now feel they have a great shot.

I miss when they had NFL Europe games. Now all we have is social media to help us through the offseason which is basically split up in three parts. First you have player acquision with free agency and trading starting followed by the draft (Feb through April), then you the long, drawn-out OTAs where nothing really happens (May through July), and then finally we get to Training Camp and the Preseason (August) giving us our first real glimpse of the team for the upcoming season.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I feel this may be the start of a prolonged period of greatness with perennial Playoff appearances, however, there remains this sense of urgency this season just in case it is a one-time thing. [/font][/font][/font][/font]
Good thread!
Hi all, 

Many thanks for all your replies so far. I'll let this run until the weekend, collaborate everything, and then post over at Friends of Fulham for all the FFC fans to read.

I'll be back to post a link so you can all have a read.

Some interesting comments so far
who cares? Soccer sucks...
By the way, FriendsofFulham is a great forum. The comments about American football are very funny.
I have read the Q and A and agree with most of the answers so I don't have much to add other than I don't think the NFL would allow the Jags to sell any gear not officially licensed by the NFL on their website or anywhere else...
This response from their forum is hilarious. To be fair, most of the replies were in support of the Jags.

"I don’t want to sound unfriendly or without a lack of understanding. But to me its an alien game that I feel has less content than paper, rock, scissors, and reduces the effect of discussing a real and proper Sport, Association Football played by men and women all over the world.
Whereas this bowl game which is in comparison, apart from not being part of our culture, is not worthy of being on the same board as Association Football.
This non sporting Mickey Mouse full of endless hype event should be on another Forum, perhaps a Cartoon Forum, as that’s all it is a Cartoon.
Full of little boys afraid to pick up a bruise or two, in suits of armour doing high fives just because somebody broke wind.
It’s lowering the tone of our interlectral debates on a real Sport.
Of course I can walk on by and ignore it, but why should I, and the temptation to make a comment or two is far too tempting, as you more or less set yourselves up for it, although you may not understand that.
I feel I have more empathy with the daily life of a Dung Beetle than the Jags, which I give absolutely no thought about whatsoever. I am a Fulham FC Supporter.
Apart from that I can just about live with it, which is what I said before the Doctor lanced a painful boil under my armpit when I was 12 years old."
Its hard to compare the two sports when it comes to building a winning team. I remember Khan saying that rebuilding a football (soccer) team is like trying to rebuild a plane while it is still flying. The nature of the NFL is different cos there's no relegation, so Khan essentially grounded the jags 'plane' for a few years to rebuild it from the ground up. Of course if he tried the same approach with Fulham they would probably drop to non-league in the process. The challenge is finding the balance between short term goals and long term success. As others have said, Khan is intelligent, competitive and patient, so I would give him time - I have no doubt he wants to reestablish Fulham as a force in the prem, and I wouldn't bet against him.
Why did yall let Hyndman walk? Can Luca de la torre become a influential player or has he not even flashed? Is Tim Ream loved as much there as he was at Bolton? Lastly, any chance Marlon Fossey gets in the 1st team anytime soon?
Pages: 1 2