Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Think we'll be getting Prime Time games next year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First time poster. Just wondering what ya'll think.
Oh absolutely. I think we end up with a Monday Night game for sure. And I think we will get a Sunday night game.

Sitting at 9-4 and a possibility at getting a first round bye, along with the best defense in the league.

Plus we got studs like Ramsey, Jack, Fournette, Arob, Campbell, Yannick, Fowler, and Bouye, I think they have to.
yes
After this year and some of the interesting things that have gained attention along the way, I have zero doubt a few prime time games will happen.
I actually enjoy seeing all the national media attention, although alot is "they're ok but its the Jags". But living out in Cali get nothing but respect from people when I wear my jags gear. Probably because they have no reason to hate us like people do the Raiders, Cowboys, Patriots ext. Winning does that. Can't wait to be hated on! Go Jags!
(12-14-2017, 11:54 PM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: [ -> ]I actually enjoy seeing all the national media attention, although alot is "they're ok but its the Jags". But living out in Cali get nothing but respect from people when I wear my jags gear. Probably because they have no reason to hate us like people do the Raiders, Cowboys, Patriots ext. Winning does that. Can't wait to be hated on! Go Jags!

Wear the hate as a badge of honor. I’ve worn Jags gear on Sundays since day one, from east coast to west coast and in other countries as well.
Would be surprised if we got over 2. I'm guessing we get our TNF game back, and 1 MNF game.
Plus, hopefully we won’t get cooked by the refs so much.
As a playoff team you're pretty much guaranteed at least 2 or 3 prime time games.
I hope so. I think the last time we were in SNF was 2008 (!). MNF was 2011 I believe. We got two that year. A miracle
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Houston Jags primetime game. Ramsey vs Hopkins? Watson coming back? Watt?
In addition to our 3 divisional games, we are hosting the Patriots, Jets, Redskins, and Eagles. I could definitely see a Pats-Jags game on Prime Time. They better not send the Pats or Eagles game to London !!
(12-15-2017, 10:17 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]In addition to our 3 divisional games, we are hosting the Patriots, Jets, Redskins, and Eagles.  I could definitely see a Pats-Jags game on Prime Time.  They better not send the Pats or Eagles game to London !!
Imagine if the Jags and Pats have an outstanding playoff game this year. That will almost certainly end up being primetime next year.
What will be fun is when we play a prime time game this year and people will actually see how good we are on defense
Absolutely. 110%. We're playing the NFC East and AFC East next year and then also an AFC North opponent. So there's a lot of games there that should be either a Sunday night game or a Monday night game. I would love to see any of these match ups. I'll tell you now if we end up playing New England in the play-offs or Pittsburgh in the play-offs that's probably a good reason right there to throw us in a prime time slot. If the tacks sneak in you could make a case that we get a MNF game against each other. The Eagles will draw a big card too because of Wentz missing the rest of this year but they had a big, big time year with him.
(12-15-2017, 10:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely. 110%. We're playing the NFC East and AFC East next year and then also an AFC North opponent. So there's a lot of games there that should be either a Sunday night game or a Monday night game. I would love to see any of these match ups. I'll tell you now if we end up playing New England in the play-offs or Pittsburgh in the play-offs that's probably a good reason right there to throw us in a prime time slot. If the tacks sneak in you could make a case that we get a MNF game against each other. The Eagles will draw a big card too because of Wentz missing the rest of this year but they had a big, big time year with him.
AFC North opponent... AKA the Steelers. That could absolutely be primetime.
Should be getting some, especially if we win a playoff game. I just hope it's not a Thursday night game, someone always get injured during those.
Yeah no thanks on Thursday other than week 1. Oh to have that game.
(12-15-2017, 11:02 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah no thanks on Thursday other than week 1. Oh to have that game.

Hosting the opening Thursday night game !!!   NICE !!!

I think our music scene here in Duval would be a little overwhelming for Jay-Z, Beyonce, Timberlake, and others.   We may need to bring out long time local Reggae band Pili Pili for the ESPN broadcast.
Pages: 1 2 3