Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Are we a big play offense now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because it looks like we have the ability to be big play offense all of a sudden.
Not so fast, my friend. Texans are awful against the pass.

We're improved, no doubt, but wouldn't go that far.
Whatever the heck we are... I love it
(12-17-2017, 04:29 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Not so fast, my friend. Texans are awful against the pass.

If this was the first week Bortles had looked decent you'd be right to say that. The Seahawks were an adequate test to find that the Jaguars are now an offense that can hit the big plays.
(12-17-2017, 04:29 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Not so fast, my friend. Texans are awful against the pass.

But its not like they are the only team we have light up.
Bortles is elite now. Super Bowl Champions. We are the champion, my friends, and we'll keep on fighting till the end, we are the champions, we are the champions...
(12-17-2017, 05:33 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles is elite now.  Super Bowl Champions.   We are the champion, my friends,  and we'll keep on fighting till the end, we are the champions,  we are  the champions...

The only thing that is now elite is your ability to troll this board.
We are an offense that is hitting stride at a perfect time. They are not perfect...but they are multi-dimensional and find multiple ways to score/win. I'll take it!
(12-17-2017, 06:46 PM)Jo9oh4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2017, 05:33 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles is elite now.  Super Bowl Champions.   We are the champion, my friends,  and we'll keep on fighting till the end, we are the champions,  we are  the champions...

The only thing that is now elite is your ability to troll this board.

How is that trolling? I made a positive post.  I see you joined recently. Hi Bandwagoner.
Keep lighting it up through the air, teams will stop stacking the box, allowing Fournette to gash at will...they stack the box again....air it out. I LOVE IT
(12-18-2017, 10:03 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2017, 06:46 PM)Jo9oh4 Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing that is now elite is your ability to troll this board.

How is that trolling? I made a positive post.  I see you joined recently. Hi Bandwagoner.

1. For all you know this is the first time he or she heard about the board but has been a fan for a long time.

2. who cares if he or she is a bandwagon fan essentially we are still on the same team regardless of how long we have been fans of the team. Buying merch, tickets, social media posts are all good for the team whether you are a day 1 fan or a today fan. 

This idea of who has been a fan longer crap is [BLEEP]. Why? because it does not matter. We are the same team.
The Jags are still a run first team, but they are certainly showing the ability to make big plays against the lesser opponents.

Hopefully Bortles newfound confidence and consistency will come together with a healthier Fournette in the post-season to make some big plays against tough opponents.
The key is keeping Blake upright. When the Offensive line gives him the type of protection we have seen in the past 3 weeks, we can beat any team in this league easily.