Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Terrible Running Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because yeldon looks like, and has legs like a WR/corner back.  Look at Demarco Murray and Henry, built like Linebackers.

You can't talk about Yeldon, most of the board thought he was the steal of the draft. He is shifty but brought down with arm tackles. Henry or Murray he is not, and never was going to be. Why so many loved him I do not know, must be a lot of Bama homers.

Now admittedly his line sucks, but he was never more than an average 3rd down back, and nothing to build around.

If Ivory stays healthy, the two of them can get the job done but it's going to take a better line.

Quote:You can't talk about Yeldon, most of the board thought he was the steal of the draft. He is shifty but brought down with arm tackles. Henry or Murray he is not, and never was going to be. Why so many loved him I do not know, must be a lot of Bama homers.

Now admittedly his line sucks, but he was never more than an average 3rd down back, and nothing to build around.

If Ivory stays healthy, the two of them can get the job done but it's going to take a better line.
I could be wrong, but I remember when we drafted Yeldon, most people on the board either surprised we drafted him or wanted a different back.
Olson.
Personally, I put most of the blame on the line.  You just look at it and the running backs are going up against a wall of defenders.

Marrone

Every back we roll out looks terrible even last years rushing leader.

Thats the line

Quote:Marrone

Both.
We need a blue chip rb, yeldon and ivory are slow and soft
Quote:We need a blue chip rb, yeldon and ivory are slow and soft
Leonard Fournette should be at the top of Daves board and it looks like we will be high enough to pick him.  Oline in the 2nd as well as FA.  We need a RT and a LG
What's with the lead blocker going to the right and the running back going to the left?

What about the fake handoff to an empty backfield or to the opposite direction? That's been called multiple times this season.
Quote:What's with the lead blocker going to the right and the running back going to the left?

What about the fake handoff to an empty backfield or to the opposite direction? That's been called multiple times this season.

The phantom handoff. Lol
Yeldon is bad and so is the o line. Even a 4.6 yards per carry RB like Chris Ivory dies here in Jacksonville. It's all coaching.