Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Great story on Mickens.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://jacksonville.com/sports/jaguars/2...ns-jaguars

Explains more and in more detail of this great Rudy like real story.
This explains perfectly why he was living in his car. 

“If you’re on a month or year lease, you can’t break it,” Mickens said via the Florida Times-Union. “I didn’t know how long I was going to be here. You can be here for two weeks and then gone tomorrow.”

Mickens was cut for the third time in a year in October by the Raiders.....
Great story from sleeping in car to a possible long term starter.
Listen, I think it is a great story, but making nearly 25K a month is a pretty healthy income.
(12-18-2017, 09:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Listen, I think it is a great story, but making nearly 25K a month is a pretty healthy income.

Understand but as the update states. Sometimes on PS. Ya don't get paid for 6 months during off season.
(12-18-2017, 09:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Listen, I think it is a great story, but making nearly 25K a month is a pretty healthy income.

If you even make it a month on a team. Practice squad guys end up having to bounce all over the country. Uprooting your life a few times a year is costly.
(12-18-2017, 09:50 AM)Dumptruck Wrote: [ -> ]

If you even make it a month on a team. Practice squad guys end up having to bounce all over the country. Uprooting your life a few times a year is costly.

In Jax my bills one month not including living expenses just rent and lights alone $2,400 

Nfl Football players don't live In projects and no rental property. When know someone is a football player.   Will give a rental discount.   They want the money.

Plus not like have used cars either. And payments are not cheap either.