Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Not worried about getting a bye
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This team can beat any team in the league when it plays like it has. The Pittsburgh choke would have been nice to get the #2 seed, but I think we are better than the Pats and the Steelers and can beat them both on the road.
It would be pretty fantastic if the Pats and Steelers split their last 2 games. I'm smelling a Christmas miracle with Houston beating Pittsburgh at home. Maybe New England falls to Buffalo they're playing alright.
There is still hope for us. AB is out, and if Cleveland or Houston can stop Bell, there is a chance Pittsburgh will lose 1 of the next 2, they aren't juggernauts. Patriots play 2 division games and the Bills are playing for their playoff lives. There is a likely chance both NE and/or PIT slip 1 late this year. Its a stretch, but we still have a small window to get the 1 seed if we win out with a little luck.
It all boils down to we need to keep winning. The rest will sort itself out but the Jaguars just need to do their part and win.

I would much rather play Pitt and NE in Jacksonville but I have faith that this team can beat either one on the road too.

Big Ben has already been introduced to Sacksonville...Tom hasn't had the pleasure but I hope that he gets to meet them too.
Im down with beating the Pats. Im down with beating the steelers. Having to beat both though, that would be a true test (if those games are even a possability)
That PIT loss to NE really hurt PIT and JAX.

PIT now is more or less forced to play both JAX and NE in the playoffs if they want to reach the SB.
JAX is now pretty much shut out of a 1st round bye and will probably be seeing SD again in the WC round.

The one good thing about being where we are is it forces PIT & NE to play hard in weeks 16 & 17.  Neither of them can clinch the #1 or #2 seed until the end of the regular season.  While I do not see either of them losing the next 2 weeks, I realize stranger things have happened.

For the playoffs, I see the seeding going like this:

1. NEW ENGLAND 13-3
2. PITTSBURGH 13-3
3. JACKSONVILLE 12-4 (or 11-5)
4. KANSAS CITY 10-6 (should be able to hold serve against MIA and DEN)
5. BALTIMORE 10-6 (should win against IND and CIN)
6. LOS ANGELES 9-7 (should win against NYJ and OAK)

Buffalo will be out due to finishing 9-7 and losing the H2H tiebreaker over the Chargers.

This is obviously not the playoff route we wanted, as it means we play SD @ home, the PIT and NE on the road.

My feelings are if next week sees a TEN loss and wins by NE & PIT, we should rest starters vs. TEN and absorb a loss to allow TEN to take LAC's playoff spot (due to conference record tiebreaker).  This would mean we play TEN twice in a row, but I'd feel better about our chances to advance.
Maybe we let Tennessee beat us to sneak in over the Chargers if the 1 or 2 seed is out of reach? I know "tanking" 1 game isn't ideal, but I would much rather sand bag Tennessee and get them at home again a week later than face the LA Chargers anywhere in the country, home, away or neutral site. I feel like we could beat either team though. Blake wasn't playing as well as he is now though, if he keeps this up I feel like we could whip any team in the AFC.
If the chargers lose that would be huge for us! So let's go Jets and Raiders get an upset so we van play buffalo
At the end of all this home field advantage is all well and good, but to win a Super Bowl you have to go on the road in that game. If you can't win on the road in the playoffs then you can't win a Super Bowl as at least a single game will be on the road. This team can win on the road and as proved against multiple teams they can do it big.