Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Did I miss something?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Doug Marrone, head coach, Jacksonville. The Jaguars clinched the AFC South title with a 45-7 rout of the formerly good Texans. So much of these Jaguars are simply unrecognizable, and so much of that is Marrone’s doing. Since he came into the job, he’s been blunt and clear and unmistakable in his direction. “Everything with him is black and white,” veteran tight end Marcedes Lewis told me. “No French pastry. That’s the kind of guy I like to play for.”

Emphasis added.

Is it official?

Did we clinch the AFC South yesterday, or did Peter King jump the gun?
We're two games ahead of the Titans with two games to go. If we lose both games and they win both, we'll be tied on record, and they'll have swept us in the head to head. So no, he's got the wrong end of the stick - we clinched a playoff berth, but not the division.

Or maybe he's just assuming the Titans aren't capable of winning another game this season. Which, you know, might be fair.
(12-18-2017, 05:56 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Doug Marrone, head coach, Jacksonville. The Jaguars clinched the AFC South title with a 45-7 rout of the formerly good Texans. So much of these Jaguars are simply unrecognizable, and so much of that is Marrone’s doing. Since he came into the job, he’s been blunt and clear and unmistakable in his direction. “Everything with him is black and white,” veteran tight end Marcedes Lewis told me. “No French pastry. That’s the kind of guy I like to play for.”

Emphasis added.

Is it official?

Did we clinch the AFC South yesterday, or did Peter King jump the gun?

I think he jumped the gun we have to win or Titans have to end in a loss/tie to close out the division.
Peter King is just a week ahead of us time-space wise. Wait till we catch up to you on the space time continuum Pete!
After the Rams blew out the Seahawks and the Titans lost to the Niners, next weekend could be very painful for the tacks. And we should if all goes as it has the last 3 weeks pick up the AFC South title to go with our AFC North one

Baltimore host the Clots next week, but the Bills are at NE so the tacks should just about hang on to the six seed... that is until NYE when the Bills beat the Dolphins to finish 9-7 and we beat the tacks to consign them to 8-8 with Baltimore finishing 10-6. mwahahaha

NYE - consign them to the pit of misery for the second year in a row.