Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vic is on Board!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't believe this guy, our old Sr. writer Vic Ketchman is still doing this on his own time in retirement, but it looks like he has his pick to represent the AFC!  Spoiler: ITS OUR JAGS!

Stephen from Jacksonville, FL
The Jaguars’ offensive line is getting healthy, Leonard Fournette looks like he’s healthy again, and Blake Bortles is finally playing like a quality starting quarterback. The offense is coming back to life at just the right time of the season. With the kind of pass rush the Jaguars generate, along with their talent in the secondary and speed at linebacker, it’s difficult to not think this defense is good enough to stop Tom Brady. I think if you can beat Brady in the playoffs, then you are probably good enough to win the Super Bowl. Is the Jaguars’ window about to open?
If the Jaguars win the AFC South, they’ll be my pick to win the AFC.

https://www.askvic.us/
Hey Vic!!
I still miss Vic. I know he was cranky and old school but I always read his Q&A.
Vic>Oehser
I made a point to read everything Vic wrote. I never visit the O-Zone, and barely visit the main page anymore.

Did Vic retire from the Packers' job?
(12-18-2017, 01:09 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]I made a point to read everything Vic wrote. I never visit the O-Zone, and barely visit the main page anymore.

He did. Last year I believe.
Vic is 10x the writer Oesher is. I just don't care for Oesher and his OH NO zone!
(12-18-2017, 01:09 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]I made a point to read everything Vic wrote. I never visit the O-Zone, and barely visit the main page anymore.

I tried to give the O-Zone a chance...but he's no Vic.  I enjoyed Vic's writing and would frequent the main page daily to catch up on his columns.  I rarely if ever visit jaguars.com since Vic left.  I didn't realize that he was still doing ask Vic into retirement.
Another blurb from today's Ask Vic:

Aaron from White Hall, AR

Vic, you and I go way back, all the way back to the 2005 draft when I was a 14-year-old kid and I discovered your column, and I've read you ever since. After the Jaguars clinched a spot on Sunday, I thought of you so I Googled your name, not realizing you had started this column. I'm so glad to have you back and I'm sorry I'm late to the party. So how do you feel about the Jaguars?

Vic: I think they can go all the way.
Damn I didn't realize he was writing again!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
HOW CAN I FIND ASK VIC??

Would love to read and write him again. I tried Ozone, but just couldn't take it. Vic is overflowing with football knowledge.
(12-18-2017, 04:10 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]HOW CAN I FIND ASK VIC??

Would love to read and write him again. I tried Ozone, but just couldn't take it. Vic is overflowing with football knowledge.

From OP: https://www.askvic.us/
Miss Vic, I loved how mad he would get on the radio.
His love for Fred was cute too
You want to laugh silly go on YouTube and watch the Vicbow animations. They are funny and a interesting commentary on Vicisms and Gene Smith GM.
(12-18-2017, 04:22 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Miss Vic, I loved how mad he would get on the radio.
His love for Fred was cute too

Can you blame him? Fred is one cool cat, and he was probably the best RB he covered. Vic was my favorite too, he was hilarious on Jaguars Thursday and his writing is some of the best I have seen. I remember fondly his stories growing up falling in love with football. Glad to see he is enjoying life in retirement and took Ask Vic with him.
Vic spoiled us
(12-20-2017, 05:09 AM)bangem904 Wrote: [ -> ]Vic spoiled us

He really did! The guy had so much knowledge and had the best ways about handling everything, the Tebow questions, lol they were the best. The guy had something about him that made him very like-able even with a scrooge type attitude.

I had a question of mine Vic answered bookmarked for the longest time way back when I was a teen and got featured on ask Vic. I was way into the team and Vic back then, lol.