Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Carolina Panthers for Sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought about putting this in the League forum, but my thoughts on this are political.

PDiddy and Steph Curry, and probably another slew of athletes are interested in buying the Panthers when Richardson sells them. I am guessing Richardson and the other 31 owners are not interested in selling to this group of people.

My prediction is this becomes the lefts next talking point that will be flooding the news cycles and painting the NFL ownership as racist when the owners rightfully.

Curious to hear other peoples thoughts on this...
I just hope they sell to someone that knows football. The rapper already said he's sign Kap if he bought tha team......
(12-18-2017, 12:09 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]I just hope they sell to someone that knows football. The rapper already said he's sign Kap if he bought tha team......

Someone has to pick up Cam's dry cleaning.
(12-18-2017, 10:20 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thought about putting this in the League forum, but my thoughts on this are political.

PDiddy and Steph Curry, and probably another slew of athletes are interested in buying the Panthers when Richardson sells them. I am guessing Richardson and the other 31 owners are not interested in selling to this group of people.

My prediction is this becomes the lefts next talking point that will be flooding the news cycles and painting the NFL ownership as racist when the owners rightfully.

Curious to hear other peoples thoughts on this...

Being an athlete pays well, but by itself it doesn't pay "buy an NFL franchise" well. The Panthers could go for close to $2 billion. Even if P-Diddy put every penny he has into the team, that's still less than half. Even getting to the 30% requirement would be extremely difficult for him, and beyond the realm of reality for guys like Curry. That's the kicker here: one person has to hold at least 30% of the team, and 30% of $1.5 billion or more is a very high bar to cross. 

Point being, the money isn't there. The MSNBC crowd can scream racism all they want, but the NFL has a rule saying one person must own at least 30% of a team, the names coming up thus far don't have the cash for that. Whoever buys the team, whether it's a crotchety old white dude, a black woman, or a transracial transgender Martian is going to have to.
It's interesting to see the reports of concerns starting to brew that the team could wind up relocating.
I've read news reports that Eddie DeBartolo is interested. I would think that would make Carolina fans very happy.
Yes, spend hundreds of millions on a team to make it a tool for socio-political activism. That would be a vicious lesson in economics and business viability.
(12-19-2017, 09:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, spend hundreds of millions on a team to make it a tool for socio-political activism. That would be a vicious lesson in economics and business viability.

It's worked out for CNN.
(12-19-2017, 09:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, spend hundreds of millions on a team to make it a tool for socio-political activism. That would be a vicious lesson in economics and business viability.

Now they have a former cheerleader, Tina Becker, running the day-to-day operations.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21807...ay-control

Her biggest responsibility before this was being in charge of the entertainment.
(12-19-2017, 12:21 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]

Now they have a former cheerleader, Tina Becker, running the day-to-day operations.

Her biggest responsibility before this was being in charge of the entertainment.

I mean reading the article it seems she's had various management roles at various levels in the stadium, I dont see much of an issue with letting her run day to day while they wait on a suitable buyer.
(12-19-2017, 01:44 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 12:21 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Now they have a former cheerleader, Tina Becker, running the day-to-day operations.

I mean reading the article it seems she's had various management roles at various levels in the stadium, I dont see much of an issue with letting her run day to day while they wait on a suitable buyer.

I saw that but, after reading the Panthers’ website, it looks like those were assisting roles. The director of entertainment position seems to be the only real responsibility she’s had. My issue is that they skipped the GM, director of player personnel, director team administration, and director of football operations for the director of entertainment. 

Working in a lot of departments doesn’t mean much. They’ve all likely done it. This looks like a PR stunt
(12-19-2017, 07:33 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 01:44 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: [ -> ]I mean reading the article it seems she's had various management roles at various levels in the stadium, I dont see much of an issue with letting her run day to day while they wait on a suitable buyer.

I saw that but, after reading the Panthers’ website, it looks like those were assisting roles. The director of entertainment position seems to be the only real responsibility she’s had. My issue is that they skipped the GM, director of player personnel, director team administration, and director of football operations for the director of entertainment. 

Working in a lot of departments doesn’t mean much. They’ve all likely done it. This looks like a PR stunt

Perhaps they don't want to take someone with an important job away from it, so putting a PR-friendly figurehead in place made a lot of sense for the time being?

I certainly wouldn't walk into a GM's office during a playoff push and say, "Surprise! You run the whole organization now, too!"
(12-19-2017, 07:33 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 01:44 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: [ -> ]I mean reading the article it seems she's had various management roles at various levels in the stadium, I dont see much of an issue with letting her run day to day while they wait on a suitable buyer.

Why would they remove any of those people from their current positions while their season is still on going?  I see nothing wrong with her qualifications in the interim while they continue their season and get ready for potential buyers.
I think she got the position simply because she's hot... and does "special favors".

I kid... I kid...
(12-19-2017, 09:11 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I think she got the position simply because she's hot... and does "special favors".

I kid... I kid...

She's the only one willing to forego a lawsuit.
(12-19-2017, 09:11 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I think she got the position simply because she's hot... and does "special favors".

I kid... I kid...

I wonder how many times Jerry shaved her legs?

That's pretty sexist of me, I denounce myself.
For shame. All of you should resign from the message board. You're not liberal women. You don't get to say and do whatever you want without repercussion.