Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Congratulations to the fans who have stuck around through the dark days...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I always said... the sweet isn't as sweet unless you had the bitter, baby!

I know I have been inactive around here for a while.  I haven't bought tickets to games in a long time either just because I had 4 kids in a span of 4 years.  Although I've become more of a casual fan, I know there are alot of fans who  have still been going to games and watching every game this team plays.  Cheers to you!

The last time I bought season tickets was during the Gabbert era, and literally every home game was like a blowout loss.  I know people at those games are still going today and suffered even greater through the Gus days.  As a casual fan I would just not watch the games.  I would just change the channel or go do something else with my day.  I had no desire to continue watching the team break records for being horrible, but congratulations to the ones who kept going to games through all of that.  This is what it's all about.  Investing in a team that will one day become great again.  The day has come.  The time is now.  Enjoy it while it lasts.
Welcome back! It's a good time to be a Jags fan!
I'm not from Jacksonville and have never even lived there. No where close...grew up in Ohio and Mississippi so for me this is that much sweeter in a way. No offense to those living in Jacksonville.

I just got made fun of left and right especially when people realized I wasn't from there. They always told me I had an excuse not to be a fan and to cheer for another team. But I never left. And for that reason....it's that much sweeter now.
Been here since the beginning. Excited for playoffs. Don't matter the seed. We are still in.
Welcome back Badger!

Living in Maryland and being a Jags fan isn't easy but this season has been so sweet. I get so many texts during and after the game because I'm the only Jags fans my friends know.
it's quite odd to be the one on Sundays that is happy while most of my friends are now angry and unhappy by their teams... feels great tho!
(12-18-2017, 10:35 AM)badger Wrote: [ -> ]I always said... the sweet isn't as sweet unless you had the bitter, baby!

I know I have been inactive around here for a while.  I haven't bought tickets to games in a long time either just because I had 4 kids in a span of 4 years.  Although I've become more of a casual fan, I know there are alot of fans who  have still been going to games and watching every game this team plays.  Cheers to you!

The last time I bought season tickets was during the Gabbert era, and literally every home game was like a blowout loss.  I know people at those games are still going today and suffered even greater through the Gus days.  As a casual fan I would just not watch the games.  I would just change the channel or go do something else with my day.  I had no desire to continue watching the team break records for being horrible, but congratulations to the ones who kept going to games through all of that.  This is what it's all about.  Investing in a team that will one day become great again.  The day has come.  The time is now.  Enjoy it while it lasts.

Not going to lie, going to games the last few years was rough, especially the games late in the year.  Glad to see its all finally paying off.
(12-18-2017, 11:20 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2017, 10:35 AM)badger Wrote: [ -> ]I always said... the sweet isn't as sweet unless you had the bitter, baby!

Not going to lie, going to games the last few years was rough, especially the games late in the year.  Glad to see its all finally paying off.

I lived in Southern California this time last year. I took my wife to go see the Jags against San Diego....that was the worst game ever.

This post should be added to Wikipedia and Urban Dictionary under the definition of "Fair Weather Fan"
It's truly been great this year. Never lived in Jax but been a fan since the beginning. Most of my friends are Bills fans so I've been able to commiserate with them most of the time. Though it does feel good to know we ended our drought before they did, and with Marrone lol SOOOO many bitter fans still mad at him
(12-18-2017, 11:30 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

This post should be added to Wikipedia and Urban Dictionary under the definition of "Fair Weather Fan"

Not attending games does not make you a fair weather fan lol... if you still root for that team, you are still a fan of that team.  A fair weather fan is someone who goes from team to team based on who is winning at the time... aka 99% of today's youth.

Whoever the hot team is, is who people follow, that is fair weather fanning

So many "elitists" around here, are you more die hard maybe if you continue to go to games and pay money for tickets while watching blow outs? Sure I guess, but someone who doesn't go to games is not a fair weather fan
I've been talking so much [BLEEP] this year and whenever someone calls me out I just say "look, I've dealt with a horrible team for 10 years, I've earned the right to talk [BLEEP]"

Man it feels good to win again.
I've been waiting a long time for this moment  to happen again. I signed up for the Jaguars forum in 2007; we've been through some extremely rough years since then. 

It's an amazing feeling to be able to celebrate with fellow fans, friends, and family about the Jaguars making the playoffs! I can't wait for the first meaningful postseason game in a decade.
(12-18-2017, 11:35 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I've been talking so much [BLEEP] this year and whenever someone calls me out I just say "look, I've dealt with a horrible team for 10 years, I've earned the right to talk [BLEEP]"

Man it feels good to win again.

This. I have a Jags mini helmet in my office and people always comment on it,  I'm like, "If I don't root for them, who will?"  It feels so damn good to have a GOOD team right now.
The last time the Jaguars made the playoffs......

I was 22.
The Top Song was Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em
The Big Movies included Spider-Man 3, Shrek the Third, Transformers and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Price of a postage stamp in 2007: 41 cents
iPhone was released at $599.00
Pepperidge Farm Nine Grain bread loaf: $3.29
The World Population was ~ 6,602,000,000
Time Magazine called the iPhone the "Invention of the Year"
1 once of gold value: $836.50
The Viral Phrase: "Don't Tase Me, Bro!" when Andrew Meyer was tasered by police after asking a pointed question at then-presidential candidate John Kerry.
And... Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.
Time Magazine’s Person of the Year: Vladimir Putin
Been here since the beginning.... through good times and bad. No Matter what I always have my Jags hat on.... And living in Maryland right in between Ratbirds and Deadskins fans has been a challenge
It's so nice to not suck. High fives in the stands, and not leaving when they ring the bell to go home.
I always thought that the Jaguar fans got a little spoiled since it only took them 2 seasons to make the playoffs and get to the AFC Championship game. It was still a great feeling when we beat the Bills and Broncos (the greatest win in team history), but this year feels better. It seems like an eternity since the Jaguars have not been the laughing stock of the league along with the Browns which makes this season's success the most rewarding.

The best thing right now is that this team is clearly built to succeed well beyond this season. Most of the star players are fairly young and the emergence of Bortles means this team does not have to reach for a quarterback in the first round. The only key player they will lose is Colvin and I'm sure they can draft someone in the first 3 rounds to fill the void at nickel. The offense, all of a sudden, looks like it will be hard to stop with a healthy Fournette, a vastly improved offensive line and young receivers like Cole and Westbrook who will be even more dangerous with the return of AROB next season. No doubt they will also draft a tight end in the 1st 3 rounds. What would this offense look like if they manage to get a weapon like Gesicki or the small college stud from South Dakota St. (Goeddert?)?

As a season ticket-holder since day 1, I have experienced many ups and downs with this team. Hopefully the Jaguars will never have to wait 10 years between playoff berths again during my lifetime. For now, the many loyal fans who have stuck with this team during the hard times are being rewarded and yes, we deserve it. And I have a feeling that the best is yet to come!
I just don't want this to be a one and done. I hope the Jags can maintain this for a few years at least.
I've been a die-hard fan from the very beginning. The only time I ever became a casual fan was around 2000-2002. The last couple of years of the Coughlin era. It was clear to me that he was wearing too many hats in the organization and the team was suffering from his stubbornness. So I lost some (but not all) interest for a couple of seasons there. I still watched the games, but didn't buy any tickets for a couple years.

Since then I've attended games whenever I could get home to do so. (Once or twice per season.) Now that I'm back in Jax after 14 years in NYC, I can attend more often. I went to 5 games this year and just reserved season tickets for 2018 last Friday.

This team being competitive again is certainly sweet vindication. The fact that they are doing it with a stifling defense makes it even sweeter since it was a former hallmark of the team that has been returned to prominence by a new regime.

Looking forward to some Jaguars post season football again!
Pages: 1 2 3 4