Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles ignoring Deion Sanders? Deion wants to show him some love!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NFL network has a big show called NFL GameDay Prime that airs Around 11-11:30pm (Sunday night) hosted by Deion Sanders and some other guy.   Deion regularly invites players who have played well to videochat on the show with the phrase "if you ball you get the call."  Deion has defended Bortles for years now and even quick to give him praise and calling out hypocrites dawging him. Deion has wanted Blake on his show the last couple of weeks but Blake isn't answering his call. (Deion has said this on the show a couple of times)  Just found it kinda odd and would share the knowledge.

Oh and yesterday Mickens "balled and got the call" and was interviewed on the show FYI.
(12-18-2017, 03:08 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]NFL network has a big show called NFL GameDay Prime that airs Around 11-11:30pm (Sunday night) hosted by Deion Sanders and some other guy.   Deion regularly invites players who have played well to videochat on the show with the phrase "if you ball you get the call."  Deion has defended Bortles for years now and even quick to give him praise and calling out hypocrites dawging him. Deion has wanted Blake on his show the last couple of weeks but Blake isn't answering his call. (Deion has said this on the show a couple of times)  Just found it kinda odd and would share the knowledge.

Oh and yesterday Mickens "balled and got the call" and was interviewed on the show FYI.

Bortles keeping his head down and letting everyone else get the glory.
(12-18-2017, 03:16 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2017, 03:08 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]NFL network has a big show called NFL GameDay Prime that airs Around 11-11:30pm (Sunday night) hosted by Deion Sanders and some other guy.   Deion regularly invites players who have played well to videochat on the show with the phrase "if you ball you get the call."  Deion has defended Bortles for years now and even quick to give him praise and calling out hypocrites dawging him. Deion has wanted Blake on his show the last couple of weeks but Blake isn't answering his call. (Deion has said this on the show a couple of times)  Just found it kinda odd and would share the knowledge.

Bortles keeping his head down and letting everyone else get the glory.

That's what I want out of a leader.

He can't keep that chip on his shoulder and continue playing with an edge if he starts accepting accolades.
He'll answer the call when our season is over... on February 5th when he's won the SB
I’m actually glad he’s ignoring the calls. This is the same media that will chew him up for an average game. Keep the phone on ignore and keep grindin’
Deion will get his phone call when we're done with our season.
I've been listening to Deion talk about Bortles since the beginning of the season and it always sounded to me like he was shouting things sarcastically with his "I LOVE YOU MAN, BUT...." shtick, maybe Bortles saw the same,
Maybe Bortles didn't watch. I know I didn't and won't. To put it kindly, I'm not a fan of Deion.
Nobody wanted to talk to Blake three weeks ago, why should he talk to them now? How does it benefit him?
(12-19-2017, 11:23 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody wanted to talk to Blake three weeks ago, why should he talk to them now?  How does it benefit him?

This was a thought I had as well.
He recently said he feels he's been playing the same as he was earlier this year (whether we agree or not doesn't matter here)
Within that same conversation he said something about the OL playing well (i.e. better than when the backups were in) and the WRs have been making plays (i.e. not dropping passes)
This was about as close as I've ever heard Bortles placating blame. He didn't actually do it, he just hinted at it imo. A veiled "I'm playing the same, everyone around me finally stepped it up" sort of comment.
Whether he actually meant it that way doesn't really matter either.

Point being, Bortles might have a bit of a chip on his shoulder... a little Kirk Cousins "How do you like me now?!" moment if you will. Within that... he may not be interested in getting "the call". He's just trying to put in the work to get "the pay day". All the outside noise could alter his game and he's avoiding it.

Ol Mike Jones once said "Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot, they all on me"
(12-19-2017, 10:32 AM)oQuarterback Wrote: [ -> ]I've been listening to Deion talk about Bortles since the beginning of the season and it always sounded to me like he was shouting things sarcastically with his "I LOVE YOU MAN, BUT...." shtick, maybe Bortles saw the same,

I’ve always thought the same.
I'm not a fan of the show,  but to Deion's credit, he did predict after week one on that show that we would go to the Superbowl. Hope he's right.
(12-19-2017, 04:42 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a fan of the show,  but to Deion's credit, he did predict after week one on that show that we would go to the Superbowl. Hope he's right.

Hmm... must have missed that....

I DO recall him saying after the week 1 shellacking of the tinhorns we would win the AFCS.
Oops.. I stand corrected, you are right he did only predict winning the AFC South