Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: is it crazy that Bouye is our best DB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now hold on a minute...I know Ramsey is the franchise and is poised to be an All-around for years to come. I know he follows the number 1 receiver around.

But come on now, AJ is the man. In his first season he is clicking up so sweet with Ramsey. I wish they would have signed him to a 10 year deal bc he is playing so good. 

Both of these guys are elite. You don't hear much from Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson as much because of our 2 guys. Tali and Harris are great along with Von Miller and those guys but Ramsey and AJ are just getting started.

It's crazy to think that AJ is out playing Ramsey. His numbers are better but an average fan won't know any better. Us die hards know that Ramsey doesn't get thrown to and QBs stay away from him. But that's where AJ strives. He could easily be a CB1, but Jalen is just tooooooo good.
Ramsey is the better player but Bouye is having the better season. 

IMO, Ramsey has some slight technique issues to correct going forward.
Pretty great they’re both from Florida colleges too
Bouye has exceeded my expectations.

Stoked to have the best tandem in the league. I don't really care who anyone declares "the best" at any given moment as long as they both continue playing so well.
(12-18-2017, 04:13 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Ramsey is the better player but Bouye is having the better season. 

I think he has the drive to do it too.  What has stood out to me is how much Bouye baited the other team.  Let's hope they can keep it going.
Honestly, I feel like Bouye is the best player on the roster.

Unlike Ramsey, he's humble, but he's quietly out-performed Jalen in every facet. 
Ramsey vs. Bouye isn't or should NEVER be the issue. The tandem vs. the opponents MUST be the issue. Let's not dispel the stellar play of Colvin either to which coupled/w the tandem creates one hell of a DB group that can match up w/anyone's receiving depth.

NH3...
(12-18-2017, 04:36 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2017, 04:13 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Ramsey is the better player but Bouye is having the better season. 

I think he has the drive to do it too.  What has stood out to me is how much Bouye baited the other team.  Let's hope they can keep it going.

He’ll be just fine. It’s easy to forget he’s only a second year player.
I’m on this train too but Bouye is getting all the opportunities. They both cut the field in half which is crazy. Teams are just choosing not to throw at Ramsey so Bouye is getting the chances for the picks but as much as he’s getting thrown at he is like the lowest rated cb against. Ramsey doesn’t get many chances but still has great numbers in limited throws.
Bouye was better than him last year too not shocked.
Ramsey is not near 100%. That was easy too see yesterday. He doesn't want to come out. Never makes excuses. Having said that.....Bouye is certainly in the conversation for best CB.
stats say Bouye is the best. No disputing that.
What's crazy is Ramsey IS the best player on the entire team but Bouye's numbers say "I'm the best player"

It's absolutely nuts to think Bouye is better than Ramsey....but he is.
It's not all about stats. Ramsey brings a certain physicality and intimidation with his game. More QBs will target "the other guy"......which is not a very good prospect for the opposing offense. If coaching thought Bouye was clearly better......then he would have been guarding Hopkins instead of Ramsey.
Ramsey/Bouye or Bouye/Ramsey? I take both of them. Win/Win!
I think Ramsey plays the better receiver more often than Bouye. Bouye doesn’t shy away from the competition, but I feel like he’s exceeding because Ramsey draws the better players.
Not crazy at all.

You have to remember that this is Bouye's 5th year in the league. He was an UDFA. He worked hard and grinded his way up. Mastered his craft and his technique. Which is a must for any CB, regardless of natural abilities. He also had a pretty good CB on that team named Jonathan Joseph who he probably learned a lot from.

Ramsey relies on his freaky natural ability too much and gets away from his technique, which he's still learning anyways. It's almost scary to think about how good Ramsey could be in 2 years from now, once he puts it all together.
(12-18-2017, 09:40 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]What's crazy is Ramsey IS the best player on the entire team but Bouye's numbers say "I'm the best player"

It's absolutely nuts to think Bouye is better than Ramsey....but he is.

You really can't make up your mind, huh?
Ramsey is a baller. Did y'all notice how upset he was that he got scored on?
Crazy? No. Awesome? Yes.

Ramsey AND Bouye?!? Locked up for like 5 more years at least? Feels good.
Pages: 1 2