Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Seeding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So say we win out, 12-4. 

Honestly, I think we have some decent odds of getting the #2. Pittsburgh just lost AB and they may end up facing 0-15 Cleveland. That screams "trap game" for them. 

Now obviously I'd have rathered Pitt won last night, but there's still a legitimate shot for the bye IMO
If I had to bet money I’d bet we get the 3 seed, but it’s closer than people think
Of the four games remaining games in total that the Steelers and Patriots will play, will any of them be below a double digit betting line? Has the Patriots Bills line come out yet? I could see that being single digit while the rest are more than 10 points.
There's like a 90 percent chance we're going to be the #3 seed.
I think the Pats have the more loseable easy last two games than the Steelers. I think they would be our best chance to sneak into that 2 seed. We just have to take care of business and see what happens.
I would love the have the 2 seed but it doesn't seem likely.

I'm also slightly nervous of that 3 seed and the Chargers sneaking in. They have two very winnable games against the Jets and Raiders. If the Titans lose out (also extremely possible) then we would play them. Definitely not ideal since they gave the Jags the most fits in the past 2 months.
(12-19-2017, 12:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I would love the have the 2 seed but it doesn't seem likely.

I'm also slightly nervous of that 3 seed and the Chargers sneaking in. They have two very winnable games against the Jets and Raiders. If the Titans lose out (also extremely possible) then we would play them. Definitely not ideal since they gave the Jags the most fits in the past 2 months.

On GMF they mentioned that even is LAC wins out, they only have a 39% chance to make it. They need a lot of help.
(12-19-2017, 12:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 12:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I would love the have the 2 seed but it doesn't seem likely.

On GMF they mentioned that even is LAC wins out, they only have a 39% chance to make it. They need a lot of help.
Their conference record is pretty terrible but if the Titans (possible), Bills (Pats and Fins) both lose out and they win out, they're in. Again it most likely won't happen but I don't want the Chagers.
(12-19-2017, 12:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 12:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]On GMF they mentioned that even is LAC wins out, they only have a 39% chance to make it. They need a lot of help.
Their conference record is pretty terrible but if the Titans (possible), Bills (Pats and Fins) both lose out and they win out, they're in. Again it most likely won't happen but I don't want the Chagers.

I'm with you on that. I want no part of them a second time.
I dont think the Chargers' odds are as bad as it seems. Maybe the percentage of scenarios is low vs the total possible but based on the actual matchups and who is favored to win the games, I think their chances look pretty reasonable. Obviously they need to win out but I think they'll be favored in both of their games... I think they could lose either of them as well but nonetheless they should be favored. Most likely they need the Titans to lose out, which is very possible with games against the Rams and Jags both of whom will be playing for better seeds. The Chargers need the Bills to not win out but that is very likely as they go to New England next weekend. And they could potentially miss out if the Ravens finish the year 1-1... while based on tiebreakers the Ravens going 0-2 or 2-0 would be benefit the chargers. (a three way tie at 9-7 between LA, Balt, and Buff would kick out the chargers but a two way tie at 9-7 between LA and Buff would favor the chargers). Ravens should be favorites in both of their remaining games which are playing at home.

So while the Chargers still need a lot of help, it is help that seems kinda likely to happen. Now watch them blow their chances by losing in the Meadowlands this weekend against the Jets who just gave the Saints a tough game.
(12-19-2017, 12:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 12:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]On GMF they mentioned that even is LAC wins out, they only have a 39% chance to make it. They need a lot of help.

The Bills don't need to lose out for the Chargers, they just need to drop one since the Chargers beat them head to head earlier in the season.  Chargers need to win out, need Tennessee to lose out (highly probable at this point) and the Bills to lose 1 game to be in and they play the Pats this weekend so it's highly likely they do drop one.  Out of the teams vying for the AFC wildcard spots, I'd bet on the Chargers getting the 6 seed and the Ravens getting the 5 seed.  And like most people, I'd rather not see the Chargers again in the playoffs but we would if we lock up the 3 seed and everything plays out like I've outlined above.
Gah, those games against the Jets and Rams really hurt.
(12-19-2017, 03:06 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think the Chargers' odds are as bad as it seems.  Maybe the percentage of scenarios is low vs the total possible but based on the actual matchups and who is favored to win the games, I think their chances look pretty reasonable.  Obviously they need to win out but I think they'll be favored in both of their games... I think they could lose either of them as well but nonetheless they should be favored.  Most likely they need the Titans to lose out, which is very possible with games against the Rams and Jags both of whom will be playing for better seeds.  The Chargers need the Bills to not win out but that is very likely as they go to New England next weekend.  And they could potentially miss out if the Ravens finish the year 1-1... while based on tiebreakers the Ravens going 0-2 or 2-0 would be benefit the chargers.  (a three way tie at 9-7 between LA, Balt, and Buff would kick out the chargers but a two way tie at 9-7 between LA and Buff would favor the chargers).  Ravens should be favorites in both of their remaining games which are playing at home.

So while the Chargers still need a lot of help, it is help that seems kinda likely to happen.  Now watch them blow their chances by losing in the Meadowlands this weekend against the Jets who just gave the Saints a tough game.

Yeah I didn't think about the 3 way tie knocking out the Chargers, but like you say I don't think that's the most likely scenario.  I think the Ravens getting the 5 and the Chargers getting the 6 is the most likely scenario.
Did someone say seeding -- check this out .  The autonomous seeding robot 

[Image: rsz_dfilgj_iodfjg890dfjgiojdfiojgiodf002.jpg]
(12-19-2017, 03:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 03:06 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think the Chargers' odds are as bad as it seems.  Maybe the percentage of scenarios is low vs the total possible but based on the actual matchups and who is favored to win the games, I think their chances look pretty reasonable.  Obviously they need to win out but I think they'll be favored in both of their games... I think they could lose either of them as well but nonetheless they should be favored.  Most likely they need the Titans to lose out, which is very possible with games against the Rams and Jags both of whom will be playing for better seeds.  The Chargers need the Bills to not win out but that is very likely as they go to New England next weekend.  And they could potentially miss out if the Ravens finish the year 1-1... while based on tiebreakers the Ravens going 0-2 or 2-0 would be benefit the chargers.  (a three way tie at 9-7 between LA, Balt, and Buff would kick out the chargers but a two way tie at 9-7 between LA and Buff would favor the chargers).  Ravens should be favorites in both of their remaining games which are playing at home.

So while the Chargers still need a lot of help, it is help that seems kinda likely to happen.  Now watch them blow their chances by losing in the Meadowlands this weekend against the Jets who just gave the Saints a tough game.

Yeah I didn't think about the 3 way tie knocking out the Chargers, but like you say I don't think that's the most likely scenario.  I think the Ravens getting the 5 and the Chargers getting the 6 is the most likely scenario.
If it's a 3 way tie, it automatically goes to conference record right?
(12-19-2017, 03:34 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Did someone say seeding -- check this out .  The autonomous seeding robot 

[Image: rsz_dfilgj_iodfjg890dfjgiojdfiojgiodf002.jpg]

Epic
(12-19-2017, 03:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 03:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I didn't think about the 3 way tie knocking out the Chargers, but like you say I don't think that's the most likely scenario.  I think the Ravens getting the 5 and the Chargers getting the 6 is the most likely scenario.
If it's a 3 way tie, it automatically goes to conference record right?

In this case I believe it would since the Chargers didn't play and also beat the Ravens this season.
We're gonna be the 3 seed.

Just think....if anybody in preseason game number 3...just before Wolfie gives his season predictions, if somebody said "hey man would you be happy if the Jags ended up with the 3rd seed and a home playoff game"?

Man what a season.
Hold off on seed talk. The jags may lose in san fran (west coast curse) and the titans should beat the rams (west coast curse resulting in really pissed off team)
Dont disregard the week 17 championship game

The problem for them is Baltimore has the Colts, and Bengals left. Which will probably put them in.
Pages: 1 2