Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrone on Jack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
from Jaguars.com: 

*Marrone on second-year linebacker Myles Jack: “The one thing I’ve learned about Myles is he takes a great deal of pride in knowing what do and how to do it and really performing at a high level. … He does a great job of learning and reacting and I just think he gets better and better. I think that this is only the beginning for Myles. He’s getting better in each quarter of football that we’re playing. He’s playing his best football now and I expect him to keep becoming a better player as his years in the league increase.”

Encouraging, considering he's still one of the youngest players on the roster.
From what I'm seeing while he isn't having really flashy plays he's helping a lot in coverage and taking away our old TE problem, yesterday in the second half he obliterated the Texans tight end for a great pass break up and on the Seahawks game he was constantly helping covering the middle of the field (esp on one of the INTs). 
Probably the player on defense who has the biggest margin for growth, especially in the run game.
Him and Telvin are so quick. Good to know that he is learning the game and improving. The 2 of them should stay devastating for opposing teams. Man front 4 pressure is awesome on what it means to the rush and the seams.
(12-18-2017, 06:46 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]from Jaguars.com: 

*Marrone on second-year linebacker Myles Jack: “The one thing I’ve learned about Myles is he takes a great deal of pride in knowing what do and how to do it and really performing at a high level. … He does a great job of learning and reacting and I just think he gets better and better. I think that this is only the beginning for Myles. He’s getting better in each quarter of football that we’re playing. He’s playing his best football now and I expect him to keep becoming a better player as his years in the league increase.”

From what I'm seeing while he isn't having really flashy plays he's helping a lot in coverage and taking away our old TE problem, yesterday in the second half he obliterated the Texans tight end for a great pass break up and on the Seahawks game he was constantly helping covering the middle of the field (esp on one of the INTs). 
Probably the player on defense who has the biggest margin for growth, especially in the run game.

It's great to see him realizing his potential a bit more each week. 

Speaking of TEs -  he single handedly took two of the tinhorn's TEs out of the game in week one with good clean hits. They are still thin at the position. 

He's gonna' be great. 

I hope they can find a way to keep Poz around too.  I really like the system they have in place with Paul in the middle on base and Telvin/Myles out there in nickel. Plus, it would just be almost poetic for Poz to finally log some time on a winning team.
(12-18-2017, 07:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Speaking of TEs -  he single handedly took two of the tinhorn's TEs out of the game in week one with good clean hits. They are still thin at the position. 

He's gonna' be great. 

I hope they can find a way to keep Poz around too.  I really like the system they have in place with Paul in the middle on base and Telvin/Myles out there in nickel. Plus, it would just be almost poetic for Poz to finally log some time on a winning team.

It may all be changing come the offseason. I have a pretty good feeling Wash will be in high demand as the next “up and coming” HC candidate.
Jack's been really solid in his first year of starting. Was cool to track his development this year. Went from being somewhat overwhelmed in preseason with the extra responsibility of being the Mike to slowly settling into his role and eventually getting into full flow read and react without hesitation.

Also should remember that this might be the worst version of Jack we should see for the next few years. Huge upside.

My unofficial nickname for him has been "Click clack Jack"
(12-18-2017, 07:27 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2017, 07:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It's great to see him realizing his potential a bit more each week. 

He's gonna' be great. 

I hope they can find a way to keep Poz around too.  I really like the system they have in place with Paul in the middle on base and Telvin/Myles out there in nickel. Plus, it would just be almost poetic for Poz to finally log some time on a winning team.

It may all be changing come the offseason. I have a pretty good feeling Wash will be in high demand as the next “up and coming” HC candidate.
I don’t really see it. I like Wash and all but a HC already? Doesn’t seem likely.
(12-18-2017, 07:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2017, 07:27 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]It may all be changing come the offseason. I have a pretty good feeling Wash will be in high demand as the next “up and coming” HC candidate.
I don’t really see it. I like Wash and all but a HC already? Doesn’t seem likely.

Yeah. Seems at least a year too early for that to me.
(12-18-2017, 07:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

He's gonna' be great. 

I hope they can find a way to keep Poz around too.  I really like the system they have in place with Paul in the middle on base and Telvin/Myles out there in nickel. Plus, it would just be almost poetic for Poz to finally log some time on a winning team.

My honest feeling is that the only way Poz isn't around here anymore, would only be if the coaches just want to move on. This is Poz's first ever winning season in his entire NFL career, iirc. He said that this is the most excited hes ever been, even though he isn't playing as much.

I think he'd gladly take a pay cut in order to stay here. He isn't getting any younger and has made plenty of $$ over his 11+ year career. He's an intelligent guy, so I'm sure hes taken care of the money he has made over his career. 

I'd love for him to stay around here because he showed he can fill in for somebody if need be. As well as what you mentioned. They have a good system going on with the base and nickle situations. Plus he's got a lot of experience and knowledge in that head and the longer Myles and Smith can pick his brain and continue to learn from him, the better. 

Although, I don't think it'll take very long after football that we'll see him coaching in some aspect.
Myles and Telvin are studs! They both have TDs right?
(12-19-2017, 01:43 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Myles and Telvin are studs! They both have TDs right?

Yes, Telvin had the pick 6 against Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh while Jack had his TD with the 80 yard fumble return to get us back in the game against the Jets. (plus the one that was overturned on Sunday against Houston).
Jack still doesn't have his first INT, he had a great one against Watson in week 1 but was taken away because of a penalty at the LOS.
I expect from Myles another big improvement in his game next year, he's the youngest player on defense (22 years old).

I agree with others that think Poz will stay one more year, it really helps to have a guy like him stepping in when needed (beside the base defense situations) and he's a plus in the locker room too.