Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags vs 49ers talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
S.F has a really good Dline, Foster is a stud at MLB, but the weakness of their team is the CB position.  If our oline can give Bortles some time I think our passing game can dominate.  I just see Cole, Westbrook, and Mickens to much for their secondary.  On offense our run D will get tested with Carlos Hyde carrying the rock.  Not to mention Garoppolo playing like the QB S.F. hoped he would be.  Cant wait. 

[Image: HLfqVCxzVx5CUDQ07GLeWg_96x96.png]     VS               [Image: ku3s7M4k5KMagYcFTCie_g_96x96.png]
Division should be ours by game time. #stressfree

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
In my opinion, the 49ers are a tinhorn clone with exception to a QB that makes quick reads. Get the QB to hold the ball by taking away the quick game and the D-line will feast. Our offense should be able to move well on their weak secondary and okay LBs. This is not a good matchup for the niners.
I used to live in SF. Many fans are calling him the 2nd coming of Joe Montana. A little early for that but he has been impessive since taking over the helm for the 9ers. 3-0 while taking over a 1-10 team. This will be a great challenge to see if we can rid ourselves of the west coast jinx.
(12-18-2017, 11:12 PM)burt1jason Wrote: [ -> ]I used to live in SF. Many fans are calling him the 2nd coming of Joe Montana. A little early for that but he has been impessive since taking over the helm for the 9ers. 3-0 while taking over a 1-10 team. This will be a great challenge to see if we can rid ourselves of the west coast jinx.

[Image: 200w.gif]
Time to end the 49ers win streak.

I expect this game to be challenging for the Jaguars and I hope we can come away with a win.
[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_12_18_at_1_40_13_PM.png]
lol. Some of those guys calling to sit the starters and Jummy G is hilarious. I honestly think we match up really well vs them. I would be a little nervous without Fournette(if he sits) but overall if Blake stays on schedule I do not see us losing this game.
They've got a solid core on defense with Armstead/Buckner/Foster/Thomas (remember him?)/Reid/Ward/Tart (out) just need some corners, more lbers and depth. On offense Jimmy G looks great but they don't like to use Hyde that much and can become one dimensional. Goodwin is actually having a pretty good year at WR and they like to use Breida (sp?) as a 2nd back,and Kittle is a good young te. No idea about there OL but I do know there #2 WR aldrick Robinson and #2 te garret celek got hurt against Tenn.
This game worries me. In my weekly pool, I circled the 9ers. Carlos Hyde is a low key good player. Jimmy crumbles under pressure but overall he is a stud at QB. Their receivers will have a long day against AJ and Jalen. Like I feel sorry for them.

I got the 9ers taking this one 29-20
The west coast history is really the only concern here. We are better than them almost all the way around and we still need this game considering the division isn't technically wrapped up yet.

Lots of excitement about Jimmy G and deservedly so considering what's happened since the trade, but he hasn't faced a D like this and our Offense is firing on all cylinders at the moment as well. All signs point to a blowout in our favor, but that west coast monkey is still firmly on the back of this team until they forcibly remove it.
(12-19-2017, 01:19 AM)ColoJag Wrote: [ -> ]They've got a solid core on defense with Armstead/Buckner/Foster/Thomas (remember him?)/Reid/Ward/Tart (out) just need some corners, more lbers and depth. On offense Jimmy G looks great but they don't like to use Hyde that much and can become one dimensional. Goodwin is actually having a pretty good year at WR and they like to use Breida (sp?) as a 2nd back,and Kittle is a good young te. No idea about there OL but I do know there #2 WR aldrick Robinson and #2 te garret celek got hurt against Tenn.

I read more than once in that 49ers thread, that they said Zane Beadles would be starting at OT for them. Yes, you read that correct. Zane Beadles starting and not at Guard, but at Tackle..
(12-19-2017, 01:23 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]This game worries me. In my weekly pool, I circled the 9ers. Carlos Hyde is a low key good player. Jimmy crumbles under pressure but overall he is a stud at QB. Their receivers will have a long day against AJ and Jalen. Like I feel sorry for them.

If we lose this game, I'll lose a lot of confidence in this team making any noise in the playoffs.

This is just about as close to a playoff game as we'll get, without it actually being one. Yea the 49ers aren't playing for the spot, but they've been playing some solid football lately. We'll be going all the way out West (which isn't easy), we'll officially clinch the Division with a win and stay in the race for the possible #1, or #2 seed in the AFC.

It's a must win and losing this game will take a huge amount of the air out of the sails, in my opinion.
(12-19-2017, 01:54 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 01:23 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]This game worries me. In my weekly pool, I circled the 9ers. Carlos Hyde is a low key good player. Jimmy crumbles under pressure but overall he is a stud at QB. Their receivers will have a long day against AJ and Jalen. Like I feel sorry for them.

If we lose this game, I'll lose a lot of confidence in this team making any noise in the playoffs.

This is just about as close to a playoff game as we'll get, without it actually being one. Yea the 49ers aren't playing for the spot, but they've been playing some solid football lately. We'll be going all the way out West (which isn't easy), we'll officially clinch the Division with a win and stay in the race for the possible #1, or #2 seed in the AFC.

It's a must win and losing this game will take a huge amount of the air out of the sails, in my opinion.

Not only that, but a loss Sunday combined with a tack win could put the 5 seed back in play for us.  What a disaster that would be from where we are right now.  This is absolutely a must win game for reasons you've given and even if the tacks lose, which their result should be known before we kick off.
(12-19-2017, 01:58 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 01:54 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]If we lose this game, I'll lose a lot of confidence in this team making any noise in the playoffs.

Not only that, but a loss Sunday combined with a tack win could put the 5 seed back in play for us.  What a disaster that would be from where we are right now.  This is absolutely a must win game for reasons you've given even if the tacks lose, which their result
should be known before we kick off.

Exactly. 

I hope we go into the game without even knowing the score of the tacks game. They must look at this game vs the 49er as if it's a playoff game. Who cares whether the tacks win, or lose by 84. You win, you're in. That's how this game vs the 49ers needs to be viewed.
(12-19-2017, 01:54 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Uh, lose a game across the country when the division is basically locked and you'll lose confidence in this team? Bandwagoner.. lol.. here they come
(12-19-2017, 02:46 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 01:54 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]If we lose this game, I'll lose a lot of confidence in this team making any noise in the playoffs.

Uh, lose a game across the country when the division is basically locked and you'll lose confidence in this team? Bandwagoner.. lol.. here they come

Bandwagoner since may  Banana
(12-19-2017, 02:48 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 02:46 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, lose a game across the country when the division is basically locked and you'll lose confidence in this team? Bandwagoner.. lol.. here they come

Bandwagoner since may  Banana

Welcome aboard brother.
(12-19-2017, 02:51 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 02:48 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Bandwagoner since may  Banana

Welcome aboard brother.

lol you're clueless

Considering I've been around here longer than you...

welcome aboard brother.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6