Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If you were Marone would you play A-Rob and Hurns instead of the rookies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If A-Rob and Hurns were available to practice this week and play at San Francisco would you sit the rookies?
My answer is a simple and very firm no.
There's no way if I were HC that I'd sit any of our receivers including Mickens.
They're on fire and have what appears to be anice amazing connection with Blake.

(12-19-2017, 11:13 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: [ -> ]If A-Rob and Hurns were available to practice this week and play at San Francisco would you sit the rookies?
My answer is a simple and very firm no.
There's no way if I were HC that I'd sit any of our receivers including Mickens.
They're on fire and have what appears to be an amazing connection with Blake.
Have you seen Allen Robinson play? If he's 100%, you play him.

We're talking hypotheticals, so it doesn't matter.
I would definitely let them play a few plays to get them back into playing form, especially Arob.

I would just ease them back into playing and have them earn there spot over Dede, Cole and Mickens. Arob could be very useful in playoff games where we might need the wideout to catch the deep 50/50 ball.
Play them all.

Hackett has a good grasp on how to use his guys.

Use a rotation
If they were 100% of course. Especially A-Rob. I think you play Hurns but give some of his snaps to the others.

With that said tho. What is A-Rob status? Is he eligible to come of IR in the playoffs? And has there been any word that he may be healthy enough to play in the playoffs?

Seems like its pretty far fetched for him to be ready this quickly.
This is a really good problem to have.

But yes, I'd say in that case that ARob, Hurns, and Cole are our top three receivers, with Cole maybe #2.
I would really like to see what A-rob could do this year under Kennans coaching. The previous years arob and hurns had trouble getting seperation and finding the holes in the Defense. This year hurns showed more seperation before he got hurt along with lee. and the rookies have so much speed they get seperation. Now alot of that has to do with the line giving BB5 more time and the recievers more time to run out their routes. But i would fine a way to play them all, 5 wr set lol.
This is really a question? Mickens has 1 good game and now he's better than ARob and Hurns?
At this point in the season, it would be useless to use our better recievers, especially risking more injury. 
I'd save ARob and Hurns for the Playoffs and let Marquise Lee back in for Tennessee but with Bortles and Fournette, we don't need huge pass plays cause these guys are running great seperated routes and pulling away. Rookies need all the experience we can get and right now these Rookies may be a good reason we make it to the AFC championship. I'd love to see Hurns or Robinson in the Playoffs though if they were healthy
(12-19-2017, 11:48 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]If they were 100% of course. Especially A-Rob. I think you play Hurns but give some of his snaps to the others.

With that said tho. What is A-Rob status? Is he eligible to come of IR in the playoffs? And has there been any word that he may be healthy enough to play in the playoffs?

Not eligible. 

Hurns and Lee are real possibilities though. 
I do think Hurns and Lee will play when they are healthy enough to be effective. 
I don't think Cole will see the bench very much though. 
Nothing wrong with rotating these vets back in w/o just jettisoning the rookies. 

Mickens would likely be back to primarily PR duty and the rare 5 wide set.
(12-19-2017, 12:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 11:48 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]If they were 100% of course. Especially A-Rob. I think you play Hurns but give some of his snaps to the others.

Not eligible. 

Hurns and Lee are real possibilities though. 
I do think Hurns and Lee will play when they are healthy enough to be effective. 
I don't think Cole will see the bench very much though. 
Nothing wrong with rotating these vets back in w/o just jettisoning the rookies. 

Mickens would likely be back to primarily PR duty and the rare 5 wide set.
Lee, Hurns, Cole, Westbrook. Seems fine to me for playoffs.

Next year is a totally different story though.
I play the rookies. It's been working, so don't mess with it. Simple as that.

(12-19-2017, 12:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]This is really a question? Mickens has 1 good game and now he's better than ARob and Hurns?

I was assuming he was talking about Coles and Westbrook. Mickens hasn't proven anything yet.
(12-19-2017, 12:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I play the rookies. It's been working, so don't mess with it. Simple as that.

(12-19-2017, 12:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]This is really a question? Mickens has 1 good game and now he's better than ARob and Hurns?

I was assuming he was talking about Coles and Westbrook. Mickens hasn't proven anything yet.

4 catches 60 yards and 2 TDs. From a street FA/PR guy

I think he good.
I'd venture to say he actually had more of an impact than Westbrook.

Now... if the other guys are healthy am I slotting them behind these young cats? Naaah....
But I'm finding ways for them to be on the field more if possible.
I'd start the rookies. They're making big plays with few drops. Their blazing speed is dangerous to teams that will load the box on us. If they drop back to give safety help, Fournette has an opportunity to gash them. Don't underestimate Mickens. Lageman said he might have the quickest acceleration on the team. Great option to do a quick dump off when being blitzed.
How about if Blackmon comes back?
If healthy, you start the vets. Since that's not a possibility with Robinson, play em all.
(12-19-2017, 12:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I play the rookies. It's been working, so don't mess with it. Simple as that.

So you're starting Cole and Westbrook over a 100% healthy ARob?

Thank god you're not the coach and this is just a hypothetical.
Couldn’t they all play?
There too much real [BLEEP] going down in this world to contemplate fictitious scenarios
Firmly...yes

I play Arob and Hurns. Without any hesitation.
Pages: 1 2