Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last week, the Jaguars clinched their first playoff berth since 2007 in crushing the Texans 45-7 in a game that was not as close as the score indicated.  Meanwhile, the tacks, lost their second straight game, this time to the resurgent 49ers.  For the second straight year, the tacks seem in danger of missing out on the playoffs due to late season losses, as the Jaguars effectively knocked them from the playoffs last year.  As a result, the Jaguars are now on the cusp of clinching the AFC South title.  In Indy and Houston, speculation is rampant about the fates of head coaches Chuck Pagano and Bill O'Brien, as their teams will miss the playoffs.  As for my predictions, last week I hit a rare (for me this year) 3-0 mark, made particularly satisfying by the results above and the ramifications for the division hunt. Too bad Pittsburgh could not come through.  The Jaguars would have had the 2nd seed in the playoffs had Pittsburgh won and the Jaguars won out.

Here are my picks for this week.

Rams (10-4) at tacks (8-6)-the tacks have not played well the past few weeks and have lost two straight.  Meanwhile the Rams are on a roll.  They have not yet clinched a playoff spot in the competitive NFC, despite their gaudy 10-4 record and having destroyed Seattle last week  Both teams are fighting for their playoff lives.  Pick the team playing better, especially at QB.  Rams win 27-17.

Steelers (11-3) at Texans (4-10)-Bortles, playing mostly with three rookie or first year receivers (a 4th rounder, and undrafted free agent, and a mid season pickup), absolutely picked the Texans' secondary apart last week.  Even without Antonio Brown, I can expect no less from Big Ben and the Steelers, though I'm hoping (perhaps in vain) the Steelers fold here.  Steelers 28 10 over Houston.

Colts (3-11) at Ravens (8-6)-  Colts are playing out the string.  Ravens are playing for their playoff lives.  Ravens win 24-13.

Jaguars (10-4) at 49ers (4-10)-  If I am correct, the Jaguars will have clinched the AFC South by kickoff due to the Rams beating the tacks.  If not, I think the Jaguars win here over the 49ers, who have found new fight and competence behind midseason acquisition QB Jimmy Garoppolo.  The 9ers haven't played a team like the Jaguars during this late winning streak.  I don't see the 9ers being able to block the Jaguars front four with Zane Beadles-yes that one-at RT, nor do I see their receivers having much success against the Jaguars' secondary.  Jaguars could/should get RB Leonard Fournette and WR Allen Hurns back this week.  Jaguars win 27-10

Last week:  3-0
Overall: 28-18

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays/Festivus to all of you. Please be safe and happy.
Rams over Titans
Steelers over Texans
Ravens over Colts
49ers over Jaguars

2-1 last week
34-12 overall
My picks this week.

Rams
Steelers
Ravens
Jaguars

Last week 3-0
Overall 33-13
Jags, Rams, Steelers, Ravens.

The Jaguars keep the division from having a washout week by taking care of business on the west coast for the first time in years. I'm thinking something like 27 to 9.

Rams winning should go without saying, the titans are a team in decline, seems they peaked in the first few games of the season, that is up against a better team than them playing to clinch. I'm thinking something like 30-20 with the titans getting half their points and Mariota throwing his only TD in garbage time.

The other two games are hardly worth mentioning, but it would be great if Clowney could take out Roethlisberger to set the Steelers up to lose in week 17. I'm thinking it'll probably be around 31-13 Steelers.

Colts serve as the next stooge for the Ravens to squeak into the playoffs so the Jaguars can destroy them again. Something like 23-10

1-2 last week, only got the Jags right.
Rams, Seelers (Although I am hoping for a miracle), Ravens, Jags

30-16 Overall.
(12-21-2017, 09:23 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]Rams over Titans
Steelers over Texans
Ravens over Colts
49ers over Jaguars

2-1 last week
34-12 overall
If this scenario plays out, Jags have nothing to play for in week 17 which could be good for your boys.
(12-21-2017, 11:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2017, 09:23 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]Rams over Titans
Steelers over Texans
Ravens over Colts
49ers over Jaguars

2-1 last week
34-12 overall
If this scenario plays out, Jags have nothing to play for in week 17 which could be good for your boys.

How does that help them?

If they lose to the Rams, we clinch the division no matter if we win or lose.  Furthermore, if the tacks lose, they certainly don't gain any ground in the playoff hunt.

UNF Nashvillian IS a tacks fan, isn't he?

Do you assert that under this scenario, the Jaguars would not play their starters in week 17?

edit: I now see that even if we end up with the same record as KC, we'd win the tie breaker over them due to better conference record.

Still don't see the team resting too many starters in week 17 no matter the circumstances.
1-2 last week, 31-15 overall.

Rams over Titans
Steelers over Texans
Ravens over Colts
Jaguars over 49ers
Hey guys, Texans fan here, but I will also be a Jags fan for atleast the remainder of the 2107 season and of course that includes post-season '17 since your team is headed for the [BLEEP].
That was some drubbing you gave us last Sunday down there and that was the second time this season. So anyway obviously our season is over, actually has been over several weeks now.
But congrats on a great season and I'm happy for you being headed for the [BLEEP] and as the AFC South rep I wish you only the best this year. Next year it's a rivalry again when maybe we can be competitive with the Jags again,
but for the rest of this year I hope you guys go all the way to the Super Bowl.
Oh BTW - That is some powerhouse defense you've got and Bortles finally got his act toghether, good for him.
Good Luck !
(12-21-2017, 12:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2017, 11:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]If this scenario plays out, Jags have nothing to play for in week 17 which could be good for your boys.

How does that help them?

If they lose to the Rams, we clinch the division no matter if we win or lose.  Furthermore, if the tacks lose, they certainly don't gain any ground in the playoff hunt.

Do you assert that under this scenario, the Jaguars would not play their starters in week 17?

edit:  I now see that even if we end up with the same record as KC, we'd win the tie breaker over them due to better conference record.

Still don't see the team resting too many starters in week 17 no matter the circumstances.
Whoa. Slow down here.

It would be good for the Titans because IF jags rest their starters week 17, they’d have a better chance to win and ultimately make the playoffs.
27-12 over all.

my picks for this week are Rams,Ravans,Steelers and Jags.
(12-21-2017, 03:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2017, 12:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]How does that help them?

edit:  I now see that even if we end up with the same record as KC, we'd win the tie breaker over them due to better conference record.

Whoa. Slow down here.

It would be good for the Titans because IF jags rest their starters week 17, they’d have a better chance to win and ultimately make the playoffs.

I missed the forest for all those dang trees!  LOL
Rams
Steelers (hoping for the Texans upset)
Ravens
Jags

3-0 last week
31-15 overall
(12-21-2017, 05:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2017, 03:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa. Slow down here.

I missed the forest for all those dang trees!  LOL
Lol

All good man. All love here.
Jags win big
Rams too
Ravens
Texans in a shocker.

3-0 last week, haven't done it consistently all year.
Rams
Steelers
Ravens
Jags
This week seems like easy picks although I kind of hope the texans upset the steelers, but I dont see it happening with the Steelers neexing a win to keep a bye. 23-5 overall. 2-1 last week.
(12-22-2017, 09:34 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Jags win big
Rams too

Ravens
Texans in a shocker.

3-0 last week, haven't done it consistently all year.

Sure hope you are right with the picks in bold italics.
(12-21-2017, 03:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2017, 12:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]How does that help them?

Whoa. Slow down here.

Yep.  Unless a Christmas miracle happens, there's no way the Titans win the division.  Best we can hope for at this point is to squeak into the playoffs and then somehow start playing much better.  Not likely.
Last week: 2-1

Overall: 36-10

Jaguars

Rams

Ravens

Steelers
Buffalo played Brady really tough a couple weeks ago. Brady didn't throw a TD pass and it was 9-3 at halftime including the first drive of the game where Taylor threw a pick at the 6 yard line. Bills play well against the pass and they are going to be fired up after what Gronk did last week. Not saying Bills will win but I actually give Buffalo a better chance to win than the Texans.
Pages: 1 2