Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump's Leaner White House Payroll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzej...dd5c157e6d

Trump is saving us 22M.

FLOTUS has 19 fewer staff assistants than Michelle Obama. Yes, 19. That was not a typo.
Need to find some way to pay for all those golf trips TO HIS OWN RESORT.
(12-23-2017, 05:33 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]Need to find some way to pay for all those golf trips TO HIS OWN RESORT.
91 million and counting so far in a year.....
Ahh, the fiscally responsible left...
(12-23-2017, 06:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh, the fiscally responsible left...

How we missed them the last 8 years...
(12-23-2017, 06:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh, the fiscally responsible left...

(12-23-2017, 07:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

How we missed them the last 8 years...

To be honest, I really don't care if a president spends 10 million or 90 million or 200 million or travel expenses, especially since it's not my tax money that's being spend. I do find it remarkable that you people spent eight long years complaining about money every time Obama stepped on an airplane and then casually disregard the fact that Trump by himself spend more money on travel in a year than the entire Obama family did in eight years. I'm also amazed how Trump spends vast amounts of taxpayer money in a resort he owns and directly profits from and somehow the fiscally responsible are suspiciously quiet about this.
It's even more amazing that Trump has managed to accomplish more in 11 months than Obama did in 8 years, but you can read about that in other topics.
(12-23-2017, 09:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]It's even more amazing that Trump has managed to accomplish more in 11 months than Obama did in 8 years, but you can read about that in other topics.

Nice job changing the subject, but the question remains; if you were so judgmental of Obama's travel expenses, why haven't you said a word about Trump racking more costs in less than a year than an entire family did in eight years?
(12-23-2017, 09:34 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2017, 09:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]It's even more amazing that Trump has managed to accomplish more in 11 months than Obama did in 8 years, but you can read about that in other topics.

Nice job changing the subject, but the question remains; if you were so judgmental of Obama's travel expenses, why haven't you said a word about Trump racking more costs in less than a year than an entire family did in eight years?

Because that meme was false and only believed by incredibly naive people?
(12-23-2017, 09:34 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]

Holy crap. Do you really believe that?????
Is it really trimming payroll, or is it just that people keep quitting?
(12-23-2017, 11:41 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Is it really trimming payroll, or is it just that people keep quitting?

It could be the possibility that it takes 19 less people to get Melania ready to face the public.
(12-23-2017, 11:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2017, 11:41 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Is it really trimming payroll, or is it just that people keep quitting?

It could be the possibility that it takes 19 less people to get Melania ready to face the public.

Or that 19 people decided to walk away rather than keep trying to get Donald dressed in the morning. Rumor has it that it's impossible to get him to take his Mickey Mouse boxers off, and even harder to get him to put grown-up underpants back on.
(12-23-2017, 08:07 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]

(12-23-2017, 07:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]How we missed them the last 8 years...

To be honest, I really don't care if a president spends 10 million or 90 million or 200 million or travel expenses, especially since it's not my tax money that's being spend. I do find it remarkable that you people spent eight long years complaining about money every time Obama stepped on an airplane and then casually disregard the fact that Trump by himself spend more money on travel in a year than the entire Obama family did in eight years. I'm also amazed how Trump spends vast amounts of taxpayer money in a resort he owns and directly profits from and somehow the fiscally responsible are suspiciously quiet about this.

I love that the Trump supporters won't even respond to this issue, even though he spends almost as much time on the golf course, as he does in the White House. When it's something they cannot dispute, they just ignore it and pretend like it doesn't happen.
(12-23-2017, 11:48 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2017, 11:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]It could be the possibility that it takes 19 less people to get Melania ready to face the public.

Or that 19 people decided to walk away rather than keep trying to get Donald dressed in the morning. Rumor has it that it's impossible to get him to take his Mickey Mouse boxers off, and even harder to get him to put grown-up underpants back on.

You can't honestly believe that he can't find applicants. Do you think each President keeps the staff from the previous President?

I know you wouldn't take the job, but there are plenty of people that would.

(12-24-2017, 12:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2017, 08:07 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, I really don't care if a president spends 10 million or 90 million or 200 million or travel expenses, especially since it's not my tax money that's being spend. I do find it remarkable that you people spent eight long years complaining about money every time Obama stepped on an airplane and then casually disregard the fact that Trump by himself spend more money on travel in a year than the entire Obama family did in eight years. I'm also amazed how Trump spends vast amounts of taxpayer money in a resort he owns and directly profits from and somehow the fiscally responsible are suspiciously quiet about this.

I love that the Trump supporters won't even respond to this issue, even though he spends almost as much time on the golf course, as he does in the White House. When it's something they cannot dispute, they just ignore it and pretend like it doesn't happen.

I think he spends too much on travel. Is that good enough for you?

I also think it's remarkable that liberals are just now concerned with tax payer money when Obama took more and spent more of it overall, but it's only upsetting when Trump does it. 

Also, I don't know where the idea that Trump has spent more than Obama came from. Obama spent upwards of 110M. No one knows just yet how much Trump spends. They're just guesses.

What I want to know is, where did the fiscally responsible right go?  I was kind of hoping they would attack this fiscal mess we have, with the country going deeper and deeper into debt, but once they got in power, all that big talk about fiscal responsibility evaporated.
(12-23-2017, 11:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]It could be the possibility that it takes 19 less people to get Melania ready to face the public.

Or that 19 people decided to walk away rather than keep trying to get Donald dressed in the morning
. Rumor has it that it's impossible to get him to take his Mickey Mouse boxers off, and even harder to get him to put grown-up underpants back on.

I would hope the First Lady's staff, which is who we're talking about here, isn't getting POTUS dressed.....but then again. 

Mrs. Trump seems to be a very private person in her own way and probably does not want a bunch of staff fretting over her. Her background would suggest she is quite capable of looking after herself.

As for the argument over spending money for travel, they all do it and there appears to be no way to get them to scale back.
(12-24-2017, 07:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

What I want to know is, where did the fiscally responsible right go?  I was kind of hoping they would attack this fiscal mess we have, with the country going deeper and deeper into debt, but once they got in power, all that big talk about fiscal responsibility evaporated.

When did they ever exist? Neither party is interested in reducing the size of government, it's merely a rock to throw when the voters put the other side in the glass house. The only way debt reduction is mentioned is as a scare tactic to win votes.

(12-24-2017, 09:14 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
Or that 19 people decided to walk away rather than keep trying to get Donald dressed in the morning
. Rumor has it that it's impossible to get him to take his Mickey Mouse boxers off, and even harder to get him to put grown-up underpants back on.

I would hope the First Lady's staff, which is who we're talking about here, isn't getting POTUS dressed.....but then again. 

Mrs. Trump seems to be a very private person in her own way and probably does not want a bunch of staff fretting over her. Her background would suggest she is quite capable of looking after herself.

As for the argument over spending money for travel, they all do it and there appears to be no way to get them to scale back.

You and your logic are interrupting the copter's scheduled stop in Pee Pee Pants City.
(12-23-2017, 08:07 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]

(12-23-2017, 07:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]How we missed them the last 8 years...

I don't think there were a lot of "you people" complaining about Obama's travel expenses. That's a claim without foundation. But feel free to provide examples.
(12-24-2017, 09:19 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2017, 08:07 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, I really don't care if a president spends 10 million or 90 million or 200 million or travel expenses, especially since it's not my tax money that's being spend. I do find it remarkable that you people spent eight long years complaining about money every time Obama stepped on an airplane and then casually disregard the fact that Trump by himself spend more money on travel in a year than the entire Obama family did in eight years. I'm also amazed how Trump spends vast amounts of taxpayer money in a resort he owns and directly profits from and somehow the fiscally responsible are suspiciously quiet about this.

I don't think there were a lot of "you people" complaining about Obama's travel expenses. That's a claim without foundation. But feel free to provide examples.

So, the challenge was, find examples of "you people" (which is kind of vague, but nonetheless..) complaining about Obama's travel expenses.  So if you google, "Obama travel expenses fox news" it takes all of about 20 seconds to find a complaint from the right about Obama's travel expenses. 

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/30/ba...96-million
[/url]

==================================================================
"President Barack Obama's vacation travel costs during his eight-year presidency have totaled more than $96 million, according to a report by Judicial Watch.
The government watchdog foundation said it filed two separate Freedom of Information Act lawsuits for Secret Service costs related to the Obama family's travel.

"The costs totaled $96,938,882.51 over the past eight years, according to documents Judicial Watch received from the Secret Service and the U.S. Air Force.
"President-elect Trump can immediately save taxpayers money by reforming presidential travel," Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said.

"The Obamas' notorious abuse of presidential travel perks wasted military resources and stressed the Secret Service. Judicial Watch estimates that the final costs of Obama’s unnecessary vacation and political travel will well exceed $100 million."
=================================================================

[url=http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/30/barack-obama-vacation-travel-costs-eight-year-term-96-million]
Pages: 1 2