Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: My dream is playing out.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently sent my down payment on 35+ acres of land to the title company.  Over the next few months we are going to clear land, add utilities and build our retirement/dream home.  I'm stoked.
Congratulations JIB! Hope it turns out as well as you expect it!   Banana
Nice!! I'm far far away from getting there, but hopefully I can make it too.

Congrats!
Yeah, that's cool, congratulations.
(12-23-2017, 05:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I recently sent my down payment on 35+ acres of land to the title company.  Over the next few months we are going to clear land, add utilities and build our retirement/dream home.  I'm stoked.

Great news man! Where is the land here in Florida?
(12-24-2017, 11:35 AM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2017, 05:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I recently sent my down payment on 35+ acres of land to the title company.  Over the next few months we are going to clear land, add utilities and build our retirement/dream home.  I'm stoked.

Great news man! Where is the land here in Florida?

Down in your neck of the woods (Putnam County).  Once we get a place built we have to get our current home ready to sell.
Very nice, congratulations.
That's awesome! Congrats!
Are we going to see you and Eric on one of those prepper shows?
(12-28-2017, 11:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Are we going to see you and Eric on one of those prepper shows?

Nope.  No filming on my property.  I don't want to give away my secrets.
(12-29-2017, 06:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2017, 11:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Are we going to see you and Eric on one of those prepper shows?

Nope.  No filming on my property.  I don't want to give away my secrets.

Secret is a big word to describe a stock room full of canned beans and bottled water.
Fantastic!

Happy for you sir.

I hope to be at that point some day. I've got a solid retirement plan through work but it's not enough for me to be confident in retirement. I begun the process of investing today and hope to get started down that path to supplement future retirement. I'm still young, single and have some extra money each month to put aside. It's time to start putting that aside into something that has potential to earn me returns.

Congratulations to you and your wife for accomplishing this!

I would love to do something similar here but the price for an acre of land in my county is sky high currently. I'm not at that point yet but some day!
Congrats!

My sister and brother in law built their home. Well, mostly my brother in law anyway. They got an article in the local paper about their home when it was completed.
Congrats!

You may want to invest in a ride mower. It takes me 1 hour to mow 1/3 of an acre.  At that rate, it will take you 105 hours (or 4 days and 9 hours) to mow your lawn each week.  That only leaves you 62 hours for sleeping, eating, drinking, and any extracuicular activities that you may have with your significant other (or via your favorite websites)
(01-04-2018, 02:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

You may want to invest in a ride mower. It takes me 1 hour to mow 1/3 of an acre.  At that rate, it will take you 105 hours (or 4 days and 9 hours) to mow your lawn each week.  That only leaves you 62 hours for sleeping, eating, drinking, and any extracuicular activities that you may have with your significant other (or via your favorite websites)

LOL.  A tractor and a bush hog makes short work of what I have to mow right now.  I do need to buy a better chain saw though...

Nice! I am stoked for you, thats what I want to do as well. Go off the grid and stick it to FPL, Progress, whatever they are called now! I can't wait to get some space and do the same myself. Only 10 years more maybe (minus the retirement, that's like 30.)