Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Serious Question - Can Jags win a playoff game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Today’s loss may not have technically hurt the Jags, but it is concerning for many reasons. So the question is this: 

Do you see this team winning in the playoffs? To me, if you can’t win against a 4 win team, and your other four losses are all but one against losing teams as well, it does bode concern. Teams will watch the Jets tape, the Cards tape and this game. Maybe the rams too but to me that loss was all special teams 

The positive side may be that for whatever reason, this team just can’t win on the West Coast. And they wouldn’t be the only team with that bug biting them. Maybe this can be chalked up to that. 

I don’t know. I see a top defense. A quarterback who clearly has potential to play well. Two good lines. Those are usually recipes for success. I would like to know what others think. And no screeching. Try to be rational (yes I know that’s asking a lot).
Stop the run, beat the Jags. It's a simple as that.
If we host a home playoff game, I’m confident we win.
the only team I'm concerned in the first round for the jags are the chargers

Jimmy G was awesome today. Defense wasn't used to getting picked apart like that and got too emotional. Good learning experience.

and the refs changed the outcome of this game with that awful forward progress call
(12-24-2017, 08:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Stop the run, beat the Jags. It's a simple as that.

I don't see it as that simple.  The play calling is SO different when Fournette is in the game.  If they would call the same game plan when he is not playing as when he is this offense could be unstoppable.  When 27 is in the game they are a run first team.  When he is out the use the pass to set up the run.  Why not do the same when he is in?
If we get a three and out here, I’m not quite as upset.
There was definitely holding on that play.
(12-24-2017, 07:48 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Today’s loss may not have technically hurt the Jags, but it is concerning for many reasons. So the question is this: 

Do you see this team winning in the playoffs? To me, if you can’t win against a 4 win team, and your other four losses are all but one against losing teams as well, it does bode concern. Teams will watch the Jets tape, the Cards tape and this game. Maybe the rams too but to me that loss was all special teams 

The positive side may be that for whatever reason, this team just can’t win on the West Coast. And they wouldn’t be the only team with that bug biting them. Maybe this can be chalked up to that. 

I don’t know. I see a top defense. A quarterback who clearly has potential to play well. Two good lines. Those are usually recipes for success. I would like to know what others think. And no screeching. Try to be rational (yes I know that’s asking a lot).

Jags will have to learn how to stop the bootleg. And will need to figure out a strategy against accurate passers that get the ball out quickly. We are much better against QBs that hold the ball and look to throw down the field... like roethlisberger.

I think our oline is just ok. And I've said this before and got knocked for it but I think fournette is good but not great. He has to have a hole or else he is completely ineffective. He can't create the way great backs like AP and Fred could.  And I agree with the person that says we play differently with fournette. We call the game as though we are a running team.
Absolutely no concerned. Yes we can win all the playoff games and the super bowl.

We are still a great force in the playoffs. People forget no lee nor hurns. And if the refs were calling it down the middle. We win or lose very close.

There is no real concern. It was basically a meaningless game. Had the tacks won. Would of totally been a different story. But they didn't.

The Steelers are not going to lose to the tinhorns. And will want to clinch that first round buy.

But they were not going to lose anyway. So honestly win or lose we had 3 seed. Now worse can have is 4th seed.

So keeping starters rested and back in game shape is all that matters. We have a ton of weapons for the playoffs. And just have to make sure they are healthy.

So this loss does not bother me. And the sky is not falling.
We can't get the 4 seed. Locked in at 3.
They can win, but they have to play perfect football
Jaguars have lost games earlier in the season. Teams are allowed to watch game film during the regular season as well as during the playoffs.

Good fact to remember. Jaguars won't face any teams with a losing record in the playoffs.
(12-24-2017, 08:42 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]We can't get the 4 seed. Locked in at 3.

Even better.

(12-24-2017, 08:42 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]Jaguars have lost games earlier in the season. Teams are allowed to watch game film during the regular season as well as during the playoffs.

Good fact to remember. Jaguars won't face any teams with a losing record in the playoffs.
On same token.  When we lost.  Didn't know the weapons we have in cole, mickens, west brook, bohanon, or oshanna
I’m not as confident in them as I was. 49ers are not a bad team, but we shouldn’t have been beaten on the lines so scrimmage like we were. Plus all of the stupid penalties were signs that this team hasn’t grown much from the start. Bortles still worries me because his 3 picks are what the difference in the game was. I’m just glad this happened now and not next week or in the playoffs. Hopefully they will learn from this.
I think they can win the whole thing. They were locked into that 3rd seed the minute Tennessee lost. As much as we don’t want to think they mailed it in, that’s what I believe. They won the division, locked up a playoff spot and home playoff game.

I think this team will have trouble in later year with the early season because they get bored but in the playoffs they will be dialed in all game long. They are young and are getting better by the play. I see a very deep playoff run
The sky is falling.

This is a young and overall inexperienced team. They have exceeded expectations by miles.

Can they win a playoff game? You bet and they will. This game means nothing.

They beat the Steelers by a wide margin. Beat Seattle. Beat the Ravens.

Deep breaths folks, this team just won the AFC south for the first time in its existence. There will be a home playoff game. One loss doesn't change all the good we have seen from these guys.
Jags 6-2 at home. 4-3 on the road. Home playoff game.... yes they can win.

We played our worst game of the season today. And still had the lead 19-16 at one point and down 6 with 1:50 to play. In our worst game all year. That says something about this team.

Jags lost to the Cards and then what happened? 3 game win streak. I think the same happens.
Bortles threw 3 picks today and that was the difference. We're built to play with a lead. But this game was a little deeper. A good QB carved us up today. The 9ers did a good job of getting our LBers moving. They did alot of crossing and did it off play action. Once that got going, it became a guessing game.

We got out played today. Still had a shot to come back and win the ball game but just as we made a move, the 49ers made a play to put it away.

We got the onside kick and went down and scored. But honestly, the game was decided long before that.
My god really?

We had a bad game, it happens. We also beat down Pittsburgh and Seattle this year as well. We got our butts handed to us today. We also haven't won on the west coast since 2005. I could have told you from the beginning when Malik and AC were arguing that we were going to lose today. It happens.

This was a needed slap in the face for a cocky defense. Get your [BLEEP] together. Also, this is what happens when you're down the top 3 WRs on the team.
We need to keep Chargers out at all costs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4