Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: My thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I promise no one is more pissed at the result of this game than me.. I pathetically found myself wishing bad things on that ref crew for the absolute screw job that they pulled today.. and the way we once agaipn came out to play on the west coast was beyond a joke.

I also thought the coaching was once again abysmal.. playing a [BLEEP] ton of zone AGAIN instead of man to man to allow our pass rush to get home is something I just cant comprehend. Good qbs, which jimmy g is,tear apart zones with ease. You would think this team would realize that by now but nope...

Anyways.. having said that, calm down guys.  

This loss might be a good thing.. might make them focused and come out pissed. We are in a wierd spot of do we rest or not plus no one wants to play tenn twice in a row or the chargers but i know id rather us lose now and refocus then lose in the first round
(12-24-2017, 09:09 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]I promise no one is more pissed at the result of this game than me.. I pathetically found myself wishing bad things on that ref crew for the absolute screw job that they pulled today.. and the way we once agaipn came out to play on the west coast was beyond a joke.

I also thought the coaching was once again abysmal.. playing a [BLEEP] ton of zone AGAIN instead of man to man to allow our pass rush to get home is something I just cant comprehend. Good qbs, which jimmy g is,tear apart zones with ease. You would think this team would realize that by now but nope...

Anyways.. having said that, calm down guys.  

This loss might be a good thing.. might make them focused and come out pissed. We are in a wierd spot of do we rest or not plus no one wants to play tenn twice in a row or the chargers but i know id rather us lose now and refocus then lose in the first round

Precisely my thoughts, as well. Good QB’s carve up zone and creative play callers understand how to attack zone, I thought Todd Wash was severely out coached by Kyle Shanahan today. Wash is simply too conservative at times
We have a stud defense and we SHOULD have played man coverage and rush 4 the entire game.

However....credit their coaching staff for understanding that. Which is why they ran motion, and play action, and crossing routes.

They forced us to play zone. Gorrapolo was getting the ball out on the 3rd step which took us out of man. We played soft zone which is now our weakness.
(12-24-2017, 10:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ] We played soft zone which is now our weakness.

Which will probably be exploited to the nth degree. Ugh!!
Today’s game has me a little worried. I hope that today wakes them up (coaching staff included!) and they get ready for the playoffs. Hard to see confidence from our performance today; even though it was the offense that almost brought us back. Defense was horrendous.