Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thoughts on today's game (unofficial)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just looking at the positives because we still end the day as the 2017 AFC south champions, and that's not nothing. It's going to be forgotten in all the moaning and complainin about today's game. San Fran didn't win today because they have a better team, they won because kyle shannahan is unequivocally the best and smartest offensive coordinator, and jimmy g is actually a darn good qb, but even besides that, our defense, like someone mentioned early, peeked at their press clipping and saw how all the analysts where callin them the best defense in the nfl and "historically good" and then they see before the game that they won the south and, woosh, mailed it the [BLEEP] in. And they thought that just because it was the 49ers who had only won 4 games all year and they had the best d, that this would be an easy win, and they played sloppy, and then when they where getting manhandled they got mad and played stupid, and fought on the sidelines and had their Cocky attitude directly lead to points in the form of stupid after the whistle penalties. I mean come on, if I told you before the game that at one point the jags where going to be down 16-0, and then 34-19 at different points in the game, and that Blake would throw 3 pics, and the running game was non-existent, would you have believed me when I said that Blake almost singlehandedly will us to tie the game at 16 at the end of the second quarter, and then again play them back to within what should have been a field goal if lamb makes that extra point. And then they had made sure to leave the defense 3 timeouts and 1:54 on the clock, they had already scored twice by converting am onside kick, they where down 4 with all three timeouts and then they don't stop them, and even let them score again? I mean come on what is blake supposed to do. You all scream blake sucks because you see those ints in the stat column, but if you look at the film with context and objectivity, you'll see a qb have some tipped balls get intercepted, herculean efforts by a linebacker to make an insane athletic one handed interception on an other wise accurate pass. 

^^^pretty much all im trying to say is that today wasn't the question raising nightmare the media and most of you are going to make out of today's game.
-jimmy g and kyle shannahan are a formidable combo

-the defense read the news and saw the tennessee score and got big heads and [BLEEP] the bed

-in my eyes, outside of a Couple "old blake"throws, bortles played well and at times in this game looked like a good quarterback, and one that could potentially win in January. He overcame an injury decimated receiver core, more injuries at the position today, dropped passes and no running game to still will the team back and put them in a position to win. I mean, how all would you have felt if the defense had gotten a three and out and we got the ball back with a minute forty and blake leads a game winning drive. Because that's what he did. 

So yes this is a wakeup call on the whole team especially the defense, but there are still positives to take from today.
When the pick 6 happened I'm sure we all packed it in. The team did a good job especially Blake of bouncing back and tying the game up at the half and coming out and grabbing the lead. We hurt ourselves and the defense got exposed in the second half. We got gashed and carved up on the ground and in the air. We had trouble earning the right to rush the passer and forcing long yardage situations.
"San Fran didn't win today because they have a better team, they won because kyle shannahan is unequivocally the best and smartest offensive coordinator, and jimmy g is actually a darn good qb"

Your statement doesn't make sense. Kyle Shannahan and Grappolo are on the 49ers, so San Fran did win because they are what made the 49ers a better team.
What do y'all think about the forward progress non fumble? That could've easily been the turning point for us.
(12-25-2017, 01:44 AM)Jags239 Wrote: [ -> ]What do y'all think about the forward progress non fumble? That could've easily been the turning point for us.

Eh, blake would have just thrown an int.
(12-25-2017, 01:46 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2017, 01:44 AM)Jags239 Wrote: [ -> ]What do y'all think about the forward progress non fumble? That could've easily been the turning point for us.

Eh, blake would have just thrown an int.

You are number 1 for biggest knee jerk reaction on this site.  Top 5 for most clueless. When we dominate a win then we are going to the SB. Clueless af

It was probably the quickest whistle I've ever seen and a flat out awful call on the officials part. Not surprising though.

It's just a sign of what's to come. We're going to have to flat out dominate in the playoffs and not let the refs have any chance to influence the game, because if they have a chance, they're going to screw us over every single time.
(12-25-2017, 02:20 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]

It was probably the quickest whistle I've ever seen and a flat out awful call on the officials part. Not surprising though.

It's just a sign of what's to come. We're going to have to flat out dominate in the playoffs and not let the refs have any chance to influence the game, because if they have a chance, they're going to screw us over every single time.

Sure, that call was horrible; however, the officials are not favoring a team over us at the moment (unless its the patriots). The realization is, the refs are just garbage all the way around. I am pretty sure American football is the only sport in the world that has officials this old still contributing. Their eyesight seems to be failing them, their stamina is lacking, and their knowledge of the rules seems to be falling short. Sadly, this isn't just against the Jaguars. Its league-wide.
This particular ref crew just sucks as well. Their reputation was well earned today.
If the refs eyesight isn’t good enough to identify jersey numbers (called DFJ 58) how is it reliable enough to spot the ball for plays on 3rd/4th down, or make quick judgement calls in fast moving plays? I mean this more as an actual question of anatomical ability at that age than a bash on the refs, cus we would’ve lost with or without their garbage.

We got 60-year-old men out there relying on their eyesight. Scientifically speaking that’s incredibly flawed and foolish.
(12-24-2017, 10:32 PM)Abrymer217 Wrote: [ -> ]So yes this is a wakeup call on the whole team especially the defense, but there are still positives to take from today.

We heard the same thing after our losses to The Titans, the Rams, the Jets, the Cardinals and now the 49ers..."this is the wake up call that we needed!"

Talk about putting a cherry atop a turd sundae. How many wake up calls should a team need?

We should have dominated this team.  Yet we managed to play unspirited, unfocused, undisciplined football on the west coast once again.

If we don't play much, much better than we did today we will be destroyed at home in 2 weeks to whoever gets the 6th seed.
(12-25-2017, 05:19 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2017, 10:32 PM)Abrymer217 Wrote: [ -> ]So yes this is a wakeup call on the whole team especially the defense, but there are still positives to take from today.

We heard the same thing after our losses to The Titans, the Rams, the Jets, the Cardinals  and now the 49ers..."this is the wake up call that we needed!"

Talk about putting a cherry atop a turd sundae. How many wake up calls should a team need?

We should have dominated this team.  Yet we managed to play unspirited, unfocused, undisciplined football on the west coast once again.

If we don't play much, much better than we did today we will be destroyed at home in 2 weeks to whoever gets the 6th seed.

Exactly, and to the people who claim that we only played like this because the AFC South was already clinched, that's nothing more than a huge joke.

There was still 8-9 minutes left in that Rams vs tacks game, when we kicked off. The Rams were only up by 3 and that game was far from over at that point. Yet we still let Jimmy G and an awful offensive group shred our Defense up and down the field for the majority of the first half. They dominated us the entire 1st quarter and it wasn't even close (which is when the Rams/tacks game was still wide open).
(12-25-2017, 01:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2017, 01:46 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, blake would have just thrown an int.

You are number 1 for biggest knee jerk reaction on this site.  Top 5 for most clueless.  When we dominate a win then we are going to the SB.  Clueless af

Clueless, I like that movie