Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cole with 715 yards....wow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He's at 715 yards on just 38 catches. That is absolutely unbelievable. This guy can catch too. He had the highest PFF grade over 92 when he went off against Houston for 186.

With Robinson, Hurns, and Lee out Keelan Cole has been a beast.

Most important, he catches the ball with his hands. He also had the Beckham Jr. Catch vs Cincy.

Let's say he goes 6 catches for 112 yards against Ten in week 17.....He will end the year at 44 catches for 827 yards. Under 200 yards for 1000 yard season.
715 on 38 that’s pretty insane... those crossing routes are pretty killer
If you look at his numbers....with a full season Cole is a 1200-1500 yard receiver?

And he scores Touchdowns.
He might have broken 1k this season if he didn't drop a couple balls in Arizona and earlier. Love the kid. When ARob is back he should be even better
i think Cole is what the team thought Lee would be coming out and i can see us letting lee walk in FA. Especially with Westbrook in the wings...
It was a concern when he dropped balls during the pre-season and early games but it is no longer a concern now. He and Westbrook are going to be very good WRs for a long time.
Cole exceeded all reasonable expectations for him as an undrafted rookie, even considering the early drops.

I mean, most of us were excited about the potential he showed in the preseason, but I know I didn't expect too much from him until next season.

Credit to him for working at his craft, and credit to Keenan for helping him to develop.
(12-26-2017, 10:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Cole exceeded all reasonable expectations for him as an undrafted rookie, even considering the early drops.

I mean, most of us were excited about the potential he showed in the preseason, but I know I didn't expect too much from him until next season.

Credit to him for working at his craft, and credit to Keenan for helping him to develop.

I agree, and he's even been rather sure-handed lately.  You can't ask for much more.
(12-26-2017, 10:55 AM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2017, 10:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Cole exceeded all reasonable expectations for him as an undrafted rookie, even considering the early drops.

I agree, and he's even been rather sure-handed lately.  You can't ask for much more.

I am really excited over the potential of our receiving corps next season. 

Robinson should return healthy, as should Hurns.

Westbrook, Coles and Mickens will have had a year within the offense, facing NFL defenses, and will have a better grasp of what it takes to succeed in the league. 

Either an improved Bortles will be back, or we will have upgraded QB. 

I'm also willing to bet we'll have an improved TE and OL, too.
(12-26-2017, 11:00 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2017, 10:55 AM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, and he's even been rather sure-handed lately.  You can't ask for much more.

I am really excited over the potential of our receiving corps next season. 

Robinson should return healthy, as should Hurns.

Westbrook, Coles and Mickens will have had a year within the offense, facing NFL defenses, and will have a better grasp of what it takes to succeed in the league. 

Either an improved Bortles will be back, or we will have upgraded QB. 

I'm also willing to bet we'll have an improved TE and OL, too.

Spot on...whether A Rob returns or not...we may or may not have a top "WR1."  However, I personally don't care.  Give me guys like we have all day long.  Reliable WRs that run the offense, get separation, catch the ball, and get as many yards as possible after the catch.  Give me a solid pool of WRs over a single #1 WR all day long IMO.  Give me an elite WR1 AND a pool of solid dudes and I'll take that even more!