Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: has there been any word from coaches if we are resting players or not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
title
I'm still waiting for the post game press conference or speech. Haven't heard anything from anybody.
they are all on the website and I havent heard a single question even asked about it by the media.. which is pretty bad on their part
If there's still a chance of getting a bye, I can't see the staff resting players. I'd still play them at least part of the game regardless though.
Coughlin is known for not resting starters when he coached for the Giants. I'd be pretty surprised if they rested anyone for this game. No one wants to go into their playoff game on a 2 game losing streak.
Still no word officially?
(12-26-2017, 01:08 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]Still no word officially?

The way this staff guards information, I'd not expect much until Friday at the earliest, but gameday more realistically.
No rest for the wicked
Marrone and Coughlin don't seem like the types that would want to rest our players...especially after that 49er game.
(12-26-2017, 02:06 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Marrone and Coughlin don't seem like the types that would want to rest our players...especially after that 49er game.

Yup, Jags D got schooled by the 49ers. Gotta get their cocky swag back by knocking the Titans out of the playoffs.
Outside of injured players... these guys don't need rest. They need reps.
Maybe if they had went to Santa Clara and played like they should have... perhaps you reward some guys or something...

If a player is hurt, like Cam, or Lee, or even Hurns... sure rest em up, cuz we need them.
But if they are fully healthy, they need to play. Not just to knock out the tacks but to regain a lil swagger or momentum going into the playoffs.

It was ugly out West... sure would leave a bad taste in my mouth as a player. And I'd want a chance to wash it out with a W.
If we rest, we're gonna play the Titans at home in the playoffs. If we play starters and win, we're gonna play the Chargers.

So at this point. Who knows..
(12-26-2017, 02:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]If we rest, we're gonna play the Titans at home in the playoffs. If we play starters and win, we're gonna play the Chargers.

Not that cut and dry. Bolts gotta win their game.
There's a chance the Bills could slip in there too.

I don't think you (they) worry about who will play if they win or if they lose.
Gameplan, rest injured guys, but try to win and play healthy starters.

Shouldn't be any "rest the starters for fear they could get injured" nonsense.
(12-26-2017, 02:36 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2017, 02:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]If we rest, we're gonna play the Titans at home in the playoffs. If we play starters and win, we're gonna play the Chargers.

Not that cut and dry. Bolts gotta win their game.
There's a chance the Bills could slip in there too.

I don't think you (they) worry about who will play if they win or if they lose.
Gameplan, rest injured guys, but try to win and play healthy starters.

Shouldn't be any "rest the starters for fear they could get injured" nonsense.

This. You have it all exactly right, my thoughts too.
Even if they were planning on resting players, they wouldn't be announcing it to everyone right now.

You don't show your hand this early and allow for the other team to adjust their game plan.
I think this is probably the right move.. try to go in on a good note, hope to god no injuries occur, knock out our rival in the process
"The Jaguars have a few players with injury issues, including wide receiver Marqise Lee and left tackle Cam Robinson, who may not play, but it sounds like every able-bodied Jaguar will be on the field."

This is key...
We want the play to win the game mindset, practice, game plan, effort.
But we won't play guys that are hurt because the game isn't needed for anything. I.E. Cam would probably play this week if it were playoffs, or FOR playoffs.

This is the best approach that gets the best of both worlds. I mean... if Fournette is still dinged, I say rest him too, but Bortles should play. These healthy OL guys should play. Hurns should probably rest another week with Lee.
If we lead big (17+) going into the 4th start pulling starters and resting guys.
I kind of want Hurns to play. The dude needs to get some of that rust off before playing in his first ever playoff game. Lee will almost certainly not play. I’d be shocked if Robinson sat and I expect Fournette to sit. Campbell might take less snaps than usual and Dareus gets more burn this week (especially against a run heavy team).

Beat the Titans, Raiders beat Bolts and Bills win. Bills 6 seed. Best case scenario.
(12-27-2017, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I kind of want Hurns to play. The dude needs to get some of that rust off before playing in his first ever playoff game. Lee will almost certainly not play. I’d be shocked if Robinson sat and I expect Fournette to sit. Campbell might take less snaps than usual and Dareus gets more burn this week (especially against a run heavy team).

Beat the Titans, Raiders beat Bolts and Bills win. Bills 6 seed. Best case scenario.

I would lean toward getting Hurns on the field this week if his ankle is definitely 100%. He's a vet, and he's in the practices, so he knows how to get ready for a game. He almost played last week, so perhaps his ankle is good-to-go.

And yeah, Bills getting that 6 seed would be ideal, but I think the Bolts will handle the Raiders.