Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anyone else notice lots of mistakes by Michael DiRocco's write-ups?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
His latest one comes in this new article:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21886...see-titans

In it, he states that the "Chargers, Bills and Ravens are fighting with the Titans for the two available wildcard spots. All three of those teams need the Titans to lose or tie to have a chance to make the playoffs".

But that isn't true for the Ravens. All the Ravens need to do is win against the Bengals regardless if the Titans win or not. So that's not true. I know everyone makes mistakes but the more of his write-ups that I read, the more mistakes I find he makes. I have found quite a few in recent articles he has written.
He got salty about Jags fans calling him out over his articles about us.
But the fact is, I just found a new mistake so it's warranted right?
(12-26-2017, 06:58 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]He got salty about Jags fans calling him out over his articles about us.

Yeah I called him out on his pre-season prediction article, just in good fun, and he got all salty at me when people started retweeting it
He makes mistakes fairly often.

He also does the "clickbait headline" thing where he'll say something negative or controversial about the Jags and then have absolutely nothing to back it up with in the "article" or blog entry.

Journalism is practically dead and gone everywhere, but you damn sure won't find any at ESPN.com.
(12-26-2017, 07:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]He makes mistakes fairly often.

He also does the "clickbait headline" thing where he'll say something negative or controversial about the Jags and then have absolutely nothing to back it up with in the "article" or blog entry.

Journalism is practically dead and gone everywhere, but you damn sure won't find any at ESPN.com.

To be fair, he has nothing to do with the headlines.
(12-26-2017, 06:34 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]His latest one comes in this new article:

In it, he states that the "Chargers, Bills and Ravens are fighting with the Titans for the two available wildcard spots. All three of those teams need the Titans to lose or tie to have a chance to make the playoffs".

But that isn't true for the Ravens. All the Ravens need to do is win against the Bengals regardless if the Titans win or not. So that's not true. I know everyone makes mistakes but the more of his write-ups that I read, the more mistakes I find he makes. I have found quite a few in recent articles he has written.

Meh...  he's the Jaguars' (along with other teams) beat writer for ESPN.  That alone should say something.

Regarding the Ravens, he's right.  They either need to win or have the Titans or Bills lose, more specifically the Titans.  If the Bills lose it doesn't make a difference but if the Titans lose then they (the Ravens) are in.

Take a look at the scenarios.
(12-26-2017, 08:16 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2017, 07:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]He makes mistakes fairly often.

To be fair, he has nothing to do with the headlines.

I suppose that usually falls to the editor, huh? 
 I mean - he must submit something along with his blurb in the way of a headline, right?  What they do with it after that is out of his hands I'm sure. 

Maybe I'll cut 'ol DiRoc a lil slack...

probably not Tongue
(12-26-2017, 09:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2017, 06:34 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]His latest one comes in this new article:

Meh...  he's the Jaguars' (along with other teams) beat writer for ESPN.  That alone should say something.

Regarding the Ravens, he's right.  They either need to win or have the Titans or Bills lose, more specifically the Titans.  If the Bills lose it doesn't make a difference but if the Titans lose then they (the Ravens) are in.

Take a look at the scenarios.

That's not how I'm reading what he wrote. To me he is making the mistake of saying that the Ravens need the Titans to lose or end in a tie in order to make the playoffs. That's not right. The Ravens can still make it in if they win and they can still make it in even if the Titans win too. So what he is saying isn't true.