Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: WR Roster Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Jags have placed Jaelen Strong on IR and promoted WR Montay Crockett from the PS to the active roster. 

They added WR Tevaun Smith to the PS.
Montay "Davy" Crockett

[Image: baumhofer_walter_martin-portrait_of_davy...1476957703]
We didn't sign Chad Johnson's crazy [BLEEP]?
Championship! Oh, wait....
At this rate, we'll have Deacon Moss running routes by the first playoff game.
(12-26-2017, 08:16 PM)jjgator Wrote: [ -> ]We didn't sign Chad Johnson's crazy [BLEEP]?

Apparently he's being black balled. lol
A bit of PS trivia for you:
Although we hope we don't really need him, our man Crockett is bit of a speedster.
His pro-day forty times were: 4.32 , 4.39 , and 4.49
(12-27-2017, 10:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]A bit of PS trivia for you:
Although we hope we don't really need him, our man Crockett is bit of a speedster.
His pro-day forty times were:  4.32 , 4.39 , and 4.49

...and, ran a 4.25 at the regional combine.
(12-27-2017, 10:02 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2017, 08:16 PM)jjgator Wrote: [ -> ]We didn't sign Chad Johnson's crazy [BLEEP]?

Apparently he's being black balled. lol

Sounds painful..
Imagine if we had Allan Robinson on one side, and another #1 quality WR on the other side. Sort of like we did with Bouye and Ramsey.
(12-28-2017, 09:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Imagine if we had Allan Robinson on one side, and another #1 quality WR on the other side.   Sort of like we did with Bouye and Ramsey.

You mean like if Caldwell had gone for the best available player in the first round of 2015 and taken Amari Cooper instead of reaching on Fowler because he wanted a body to play defensive end?
(12-28-2017, 09:16 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2017, 09:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Imagine if we had Allan Robinson on one side, and another #1 quality WR on the other side.   Sort of like we did with Bouye and Ramsey.

You mean like if Caldwell had gone for the best available player in the first round of 2015 and taken Amari Cooper instead of reaching on Fowler because he wanted a body to play defensive end?

No, I'm not into re-writing history.   I'm talking about this year's draft.  I've seen some mocks having us taking a WR with our first pick. 

I'm just saying, what if we did the same thing we did with Ramsey-Bouye?    If we did that at WR, imagine, how would teams defend that?  Leonard Fournette would have 1500 yards, easy.
(12-28-2017, 09:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2017, 09:16 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]You mean like if Caldwell had gone for the best available player in the first round of 2015 and taken Amari Cooper instead of reaching on Fowler because he wanted a body to play defensive end?

No, I'm not into re-writing history.   I'm talking about this year's draft.  I've seen some mocks having us taking a WR with our first pick. 

I'm just saying, what if we did the same thing we did with Ramsey-Bouye?    If we did that at WR, imagine, how would teams defend that?  Leonard Fournette would have 1500 yards, easy.

I'd say it's more about offensive line and QB than WR. Parnell isn't a young guy, and guard could still use some shoring up. Also a great QB would make it work well with Robinson, Cole, and Westbrook.

If the only elite prospect at the Jaguars pick is a WR then by all means take them, but if offensive line were graded similarly I'd hope they'd go for the big guy.
(12-28-2017, 09:28 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2017, 09:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]No, I'm not into re-writing history.   I'm talking about this year's draft.  I've seen some mocks having us taking a WR with our first pick. 

I'd say it's more about offensive line and QB than WR. Parnell isn't a young guy, and guard could still use some shoring up. Also a great QB would make it work well with Robinson, Cole, and Westbrook.

If the only elite prospect at the Jaguars pick is a WR then by all means take them, but if offensive line were graded similarly I'd hope they'd go for the big guy.

Yeah... while the thought of having two game breaking WRs on the outside is nice... we don't actually know if we don't already.
If AR15 is back, plus Westbrook and Cole is emerging I'm not sure there's a rookie WR that is going to be that much better than any of those three.

For the "right now" OL, TE, QB are positions of most interest on offense. And on D I would say interior DL (Because I'm unsure of the play/contracts of certain players like Jones, Jackson, and Dareus) and S and possibly a NB.
And in my  position groupings, I'd put all 6 of these positions as a higher need than WR. Unless for some reason Lee and AR15 are gone, then perhaps it becomes more pertinent.

But as you said.. if there is an 'elite' WR prospect there that is head and shoulders above anyone else, you take the BAP I imagine
(12-28-2017, 11:11 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2017, 09:28 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say it's more about offensive line and QB than WR. Parnell isn't a young guy, and guard could still use some shoring up. Also a great QB would make it work well with Robinson, Cole, and Westbrook.

Yeah... while the thought of having two game breaking WRs on the outside is nice... we don't actually know if we don't already.
If AR15 is back, plus Westbrook and Cole is emerging I'm not sure there's a rookie WR that is going to be that much better than any of those three.

For the "right now" OL, TE, QB are positions of most interest on offense. And on D I would say interior DL (Because I'm unsure of the play/contracts of certain players like Jones, Jackson, and Dareus) and S and possibly a NB.
And in my  position groupings, I'd put all 6 of these positions as a higher need than WR. Unless for some reason Lee and AR15 are gone, then perhaps it becomes more pertinent.

But as you said.. if there is an 'elite' WR prospect there that is head and shoulders above anyone else, you take the BAP I imagine

Okay, but what if we had DeAndre Hopkins and Allan Robinson?   Or Antonio Brown and Allan Robinson?   I am sure if we have any elite WRs now, we only have one maybe, and that's AR.   So if we could draft a truly elite WR with our first pick, that would drag defenders out of the box and Leonard Fournette would run wild.
(12-28-2017, 11:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2017, 11:11 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah... while the thought of having two game breaking WRs on the outside is nice... we don't actually know if we don't already.

Okay, but what if we had DeAndre Hopkins and Allan Robinson?   Or Antonio Brown and Allan Robinson?   I am sure if we have any elite WRs now, we only have one maybe, and that's AR.   So if we could draft a truly elite WR with our first pick, that would drag defenders out of the box and Leonard Fournette would run wild.

In order to do what you're describing we need to hit the FA pool imo.
Most times rookie WRs impact is minimal. Especially on an elite level.
But I think the best (mocked) WR in this draft is some kid from SMU named Sutton or something? Do we know for a fact he'd step on the field and be an elite player opposite AR?

IDK... maybe... I'd need to know that WR is the Jalen Ramsey of WRs though lol

Apparently we could not sign him as he is already under contract for the team. Tongue 

"The response from Jaguars fans has been nothing short of outstanding,” said Chad Johnson, Jaguars senior vice president of sales and service.
You guys are saying Cooper is better than Keelan Cole?
(12-30-2017, 10:29 PM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are saying Cooper is better than Keelan Cole?

This...
Cooper is one of the worst starting WR in the league.
(12-28-2017, 09:16 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]

Cooper is just meh.  He's had a decent running game, a decent QB, a good TE, and a good WR on the other side and he's put up mediocre numbers.  He catches about 1/2 the balls thrown at him.  

I'd take Fowler still, over him anyway.
Pages: 1 2