Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Chuck Pagano calls Sunday 'last rodeo' for 2017 Colts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chuck Pagano calls Sunday 'last rodeo' for 2017 Colts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...2017-colts

Indianapolis Colts coach Chuck Pagano called Sunday's game against the Houston Texans "our last ride together." He added: "The last rodeo is what I told them."
Maybe they will hire Jack Del Rio.
(12-27-2017, 02:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they will hire Jack Del Rio.

I hear Ben McAdoo is available. He'd fit right in there lol
They should seriously consider Gus Bradley. He will just make them better.
Hats off to Pagano for being cognizant and honest. I still dont believe he was the major issue, even tho he isnt an awesome coach or anything.
(12-27-2017, 06:35 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]Hats off to Pagano for being cognizant and honest. I still dont believe he was the major issue, even tho he isnt an awesome coach or anything.

Pretty much.  He was dealt a bad hand from the start.  I can see the Colts going into a full rebuild.
Interesting but not surprising at all. No clue who they'll target. I still think Mularkey's job is on the line this Sunday as well. If he's able to pull off a win and secure a play off spot against us he may be safe. But if he falls he could be canned too. As far as what the clots do next is hard to figure out. Most of the current top NFL candidates are on the defensive side of the football.

My dark horse hiring (and worst case hiring for this division outside of Indy) would be some kind of weird and mutual ending with Arizona and Arians and then he opts to give it one more shot with Luck in Indy. Marvin Lewis might get an offer as a HC again but I think he should go the Jack Del Rio route and just try coaching defense for a year or two to prove himself.
Please God Fisher.
Ryan Grigson handcuffed Pagano, and luck for that matter, with his poor drafting choices and his ill-conceived plan to build his team. He never put an OL in front of Luck who was/is obviously a franchise QB. He wasted a #1 pick on a small receiver, Philip Dorsett, instead of taking an OL.

Pagano probably wasn't much of a coach anyway but he was doomed by his GM from the get-go.
(12-30-2017, 12:13 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]Ryan Grigson handcuffed Pagano, and luck for that matter, with his poor drafting choices and his ill-conceived plan to build his team. He never put an OL in front of Luck who was/is obviously a franchise QB. He wasted a #1 pick on a small receiver, Philip Dorsett, instead of taking an OL.

Pagano probably wasn't much of a coach anyway but he was doomed by his GM from the get-go.

He was second in the AFCS his first year (2012), first his next two years, and second in 2015. If Doug Marrone does anything similar he'll be in the Pride by 2021.