Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How Trump is rolling back Obama's legacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How Trump is rolling back Obama's legacy

President Trump spent his first year in office moving swiftly to roll back what his Democratic predecessor did in eight. 

The result: the steady unraveling of a slew of regulations and laws put in place under then-President Barack Obama, covering everything from the Internet to the environment to health care.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/...egacy.html
It is a wonderful thing, huh? Taking the boa constrictor off of business' neck will do wonders for our country.
(12-27-2017, 05:59 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...984935001/

I didn't bother reading the story, but the headline brought me a chuckle.  Did Hillary Clinton really top the list of Most Admired Man?   Laughing
(12-27-2017, 07:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2017, 05:59 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...984935001/

I didn't bother reading the story, but the headline brought me a chuckle.  Did Hillary Clinton really top the list of Most Admired Man?   Laughing

Hillary Clinton has won the most admired woman award 21 times--5 times more than Mother Teresa.

Any list that includes Clinton as the most admired should show you how unreliable that list is.

Considering that 16% of the population is African American who voted 98% for a black man and likely would all pick Obama in this poll, that falls in the category of damning with faint praise.
(12-29-2017, 11:24 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]

Considering that 16% of the population is African American who voted 98% for a black man and likely would all pick Obama in this poll, that falls in the category of damning with faint praise.

Huh?   Well, I will see your 16% and raise you 30% of the population who are blatant racists who would never ever vote for a black man.
(12-27-2017, 08:04 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2017, 07:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't bother reading the story, but the headline brought me a chuckle.  Did Hillary Clinton really top the list of Most Admired Man?   Laughing

Hillary Clinton has won the most admired woman award 21 times--5 times more than Mother Teresa.

Any list that includes Clinton as the most admired should show you how unreliable that list is.

Beware  when  all  men  speak  well  of  you  (Hillary).   I  would  not  be  surprised,   if  Hillary  is  convicted  of  something,  related  to  money,  or  misuse  of  govt .  information,  and  Trump,  is  tempted  to  pardon  her,  but,  fears  offending  his  base!
(12-29-2017, 12:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2017, 11:24 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]Considering that 16% of the population is African American who voted 98% for a black man and likely would all pick Obama in this poll, that falls in the category of damning with faint praise.

Huh?   Well, I will see your 16% and raise you 30% of the population who are blatant racists who would never ever vote for a black man.

100 million racists? Really???  Huh
(12-29-2017, 07:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2017, 12:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Huh?   Well, I will see your 16% and raise you 30% of the population who are blatant racists who would never ever vote for a black man.

If you're white, you are racist by definition.
(12-29-2017, 07:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2017, 12:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Huh?   Well, I will see your 16% and raise you 30% of the population who are blatant racists who would never ever vote for a black man.

Well, he just accused almost every black person of being a racist.  Didn't he?

The unavoidable fact is, our former president is more widely admired by the American people than our current president.  So then to post "Well that's just because he's black, and all the black people admire him..."  is just urinating in the wind, because there are loads of white people who hate him because he's black.   It all cancels out.
(12-30-2017, 08:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2017, 07:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]100 million racists? Really???  Huh

Well, he just accused almost every black person of being a racist.  Didn't he?

The unavoidable fact is, our former president is more widely admired by the American people  than our current president.  So then to post "Well that's just because he's black, and all the black people admire him..."  is just urinating in the wind, because there are loads of white people who hate him because he's black.   It all cancels out.

I don't consider people voting for someone strictly because of that person's race as being "racist" but your opinion may differ. Clearly the black vote is overwhelmingly for any Dem no matter what color, but you might note that Hillary got a lower percentage of the black vote (90 vs. 98 IIRC), along with a significantly lower percentage of black voter turnout. Just about everyone in the African American community loves Obama, and his skin color is a big factor.

Loads of white people hate him? I don't buy that, but if it's true, so what? Surely you understand how a poll works? What people who don't choose someone think is immaterial. If someone gets 17% "most admired" it doesn't matter whether or not the other 83% hate him with a passion.

In any case, a poll of just over a thousand people out of 300 million where 25% declined to name someone isn't exactly definitive.
This whole conversation is the problem with the word "racist", it doesn't mean what people think it means and it becomes a catchall term to replace more appropriate words like "bigot", "prejudiced", and "preference."

You can be a bigot and not be a racist. You can be prejudiced and not be a racist. You can express a preference and NOT BE A RACIST.

Then these same people, who don't understand the very real and extremely significant differences in these words, want to turn around and make their false idea of racism into a thought/hate crime.

I don't like Obama because of his politics, I do not care one bit about his skin color. I dislike Shrillary for the same reason, regardless of her sex. I don't like Sanders for the same reason, regardless of his weirdo "nutty professor" hairdo. I don't like Trump because of his personality but so far I don't disagree with much of his politics. I don't "admire" any of the people in this list because I don't think any of them are worthy of admiration, they're just whores doing what they have to do to make a living.
(12-30-2017, 11:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]This whole conversation is the problem with the word "racist", it doesn't mean what people think it means and it becomes a catchall term to replace more appropriate words like "bigot", "prejudiced", and "preference."

You can be a bigot and not be a racist. You can be prejudiced and not be a racist. You can express a preference and NOT BE A RACIST.

Then these same people, who don't understand the very real and extremely significant differences in these words, want to turn around and make their false idea of racism into a thought/hate crime.

I don't like Obama because of his politics, I do not care one bit about his skin color. I dislike Shrillary for the same reason, regardless of her sex. I don't like Sanders for the same reason, regardless of his weirdo "nutty professor" hairdo. I don't like Trump because of his personality but so far I don't disagree with much of his politics. I don't "admire" any of the people in this list because I don't think any of them are worthy of admiration, they're just whores doing what they have to do to make a living.

Well said.
LOL I voted for Cynthia McKinney in 2008 - a black woman. But my vote was discarded or changed, since McKinney officially got 0 votes in my precinct. Absolute proof that the system is rigged. Now they don't even bother to hide voter fraud, and you see busloads of out-of-state SJWs voting multiple times in Alabama against Roy Moore then bragging about it on GooTube and Fakebook.
(12-30-2017, 01:36 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]LOL I voted for Cynthia McKinney in 2008 - a black woman.  But my vote was discarded or changed, since McKinney officially got 0 votes in my precinct.  Absolute proof that the system is rigged.  Now they don't even bother to hide voter fraud, and you see busloads of out-of-state SJWs voting multiple times in Alabama against Roy Moore then bragging about it on GooTube and Fakebook.

LOL ... please, don't ever stop posting.
(12-27-2017, 08:04 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Hillary Clinton has won the most admired woman award 21 times--5 times more than Mother Teresa.

Mother Teresa being on the list ever already makes it a joke.
(12-31-2017, 01:06 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2017, 08:04 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Hillary Clinton has won the most admired woman award 21 times--5 times more than Mother Teresa.

Mother Teresa being on the list ever already makes it a joke.

I know she believed in some stupid things, but I just tried to pick the least divisive woman on the list.