Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Jaguars announce sellout for home playoff game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jaguars announce sellout for home playoff game

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...5ff0ea81bb

Today the Jacksonville Jaguars announced a sellout of all currently available inventory for the team’s upcoming AFC Wild Card game to be played on either January 6
Wow, that was quick
This is with tarps in place? Anyway awesomeness
(12-27-2017, 05:41 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: [ -> ]This is with tarps in place? Anyway awesomeness

With tarps as far as I know. They might sell standing room seats like they did with the tinhorns game though.
Tarps in place. They have to make that decision months in advance. Sounds like brokers snapped up a bunch of tickets.
I hope this wasn't a case of ticket brokers buying large swaths of tickets.

Joe six pack fan would get screwed if that happened.
(12-27-2017, 07:03 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]Tarps in place.  They have to make that decision months in advance.  Sounds like brokers snapped up a bunch of tickets.

I don't think that happened. I was watching the sales during the last hour of season tick member sales and there was only scattered single seats by the time they went to the general public. I don't know when the brokers would have had a chance to get them.
I had to buy through the general public offering. I got online at 3pm and there werent a lot of tix left. Would brokers have been able to buy before that? If not I cant imagine they were able to buy much.
(12-27-2017, 08:50 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]I had to buy through the general public offering.  I got online at 3pm and there werent a lot of tix left.  Would brokers have been able to buy before that?  If not I cant imagine they were able to buy much.

I purchased two extra in 409 at around 2pm with my season ticket option for friends that might go. At that time I could not even get two together.

If my friends can't make it I'm going to clean up on them. I should have bought every one they would let me. Could have made a couple grand.
Yea looking at the prices on stubhub, tickets in the section I bought in are almost double what I paid. Cant imagine how much money season ticket holders could be making.
(12-27-2017, 08:50 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]I had to buy through the general public offering.  I got online at 3pm and there werent a lot of tix left.  Would brokers have been able to buy before that?  If not I cant imagine they were able to buy much.

Yes, they could have.  There was also a group buying option.  I know at least an extra 1000 were sold to people that bought season tickets for next year, so that's great, but I imagine a lot of the upper deck was sold to ticket brokers.  I tried to buy upper deck for a family member at 2 pm and there was nothing. I thought more may be released at 3, and still nothing in the uppers.  I couldn't find anything anywhere in the $113 range and lower from 3 o'clock on.

I'm glad the game is sold out, but when fans in a town have waited 10 years, I think you could have made the scalpers hold off and given fans first crack.

Edit: As far as high prices, keep those prices "high" because when they finally figure out what team is coming here those fans will buy up quite a few of those. I know people want all Jaguar fans, but that's not realistic.
(12-28-2017, 09:50 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, they could have.  There was also a group buying option.  I know at least an extra 1000 were sold to people that bought season tickets for next year, so that's great, but I imagine a lot of the upper deck was sold to ticket brokers.  I tried to buy upper deck for a family member at 2 pm and there was nothing. I thought more may be released at 3, and still nothing in the uppers.  I couldn't find anything anywhere in the $113 range and lower from 3 o'clock on.

I'm glad the game is sold out, but when fans in a town have waited 10 years, I think you could have made the scalpers hold off and given fans first crack.

Edit:  As far as high prices, keep those prices "high" because when they finally figure out what team is coming here those fans will buy up quite a few of those.  I know people want all Jaguar fans, but that's not realistic.

Yea I think you're right.  I'm looking at StubHub this morning and I bet there were a lot of brokers buying tickets.  I'm looking at section 232 and there are 20 consecutive seats available in row R, 23 in row N, 11 in row EE, etc....  same story in some of the upper deck sections as well.
Jags will lose their home playoff game... bet on it.
(12-28-2017, 12:13 PM)David4499 Wrote: [ -> ]Jags will lose their home playoff game... bet on it.

This seems like the perfect thread to announce that.  This definitely has something to do with the team announcing a sellout.

No reason why they will lose.  You don't even know who they are playing, they are just going to lose.  You are a great "fan."
(12-28-2017, 12:13 PM)David4499 Wrote: [ -> ]Jags will lose their home playoff game... bet on it.
Dude.

Bye.
Why wouldn't ticket brokers have season tickets and first crack at playoff tix the same as us regular folks?
Next year, with the team coming off a great season and an attractive home schedule that includes the Patriots, Steelers, and Eagles...there might be some team chatter about removing the tarps. There's no doubt in my mind that the team could average 70,000 next year. However, Khan has stated that he wants to make a Jag ticket the hottest item in town. With that in mind, it might be wise to keep the tarps on...keep supply low and demand high.

They are officially taking off the tarps so but the tickets if you can!!!
If anyone is keeping track: The stadium holds 64,428 with tarps, add 3,501 seats with the tarps removed and an adiitional 1,600 standing room only tickets and attendance for the playoff game would be 69,529.