Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Usually, over the past ten years, this time of year has been kind of melancholy for me as a football fan.  The season is winding down and the team is usually out of the playoff hunt.  Soon, football season as a whole will be done, and the long period of football withdrawal begins anew.  However, this year the dynamic has changed considerably.  Gone is the melancholy knowing our season is over, mitigated, if not replaced entirely by an excitement Jaguars fans have not had in eighteen years-a home playoff game-along with the hopes of a Super Bowl championship.  It is a great time to be a fan of the 2017 AFC South Division champion Jacksonville Jaguars!!!!!!!  Prediction wise, my season did not go as well as it could have, but I had a hard time getting a handle on things early on.  Of course, some of you have been awesome at the picking, and I salute you.  In any event, this is the last TWITAFCS for the 2017 regular season, but I may continue this in the playoffs as long as there is an AFCS team alive in the post season, and perhaps throughout the coaching searches, if applicable.

Texans (4-11) at Colts (3-12)-both teams are playing out the string.  Pagano seems to know he is gone from the Colts.  It's a shame because I don't think he's a bad coach, and largely not to blame for the Colts' FO screw ups.  As for the Texans, from the outside looking in, the whole dynamic regarding GM Rick Smith, Bill O'Brien and the Texans is strange, as there are rumors of either Smith, O'Brien or both being fired after the season.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  But hey, if the Texans want to get rid of guys who have contributed heavily to their team's recent success, who am I to stop them or complain?  Indy takes this one, as the Texans are down to their 3rd or 4th string QB now.  Colts win 20-17.

Jaguars (10-5) at tacks (8-7)-The 2017 AFC South Champion Jacksonville Jaguars, led by Head Coach Doug Marrone, have decided to play their starters and treat this game as a normal regular season game.  Meanwhile, the tacks, losers of four straight, are struggling at 8-7, trying to claim the last playoff spot.  Even though the tacks are behind by two games, tacks DL Jurrell Casey predicted the tacks would sweep the 2017 AFC South Champion Jaguars, having beaten them in week 2.  Let's see...revenge?  Atonement for the loss last week?  The ability to knock a divisional rival out of the playoff hunt for two seasons in a row?  The desire to get some positive momentum heading into the playoffs?  Seems a lot of the motivational boxes have been checked for this game.  Jaguars win 23-16.

Last week:  3-1
Overall:  31-19?
I'll go colts and tacks.

The colts win by virtue of being at home and the tacks win because regardless of what Marrone and the Jaguars say I don't think they have the hunger for this game that the titans will have.

3-1 last week.
I'll go with:

colts over Texans: Win one for the Pagano.

Jags over tacks: I just think we want to atone for last week and get rolling.

33-17 for the year.
4-0 last week
38-12 overall

Colts over Texans
Jaguars over Titans
First of all and foremost.

Thank you Bullseye for doing this again.  It has become one of my favorite "message board traditions".  Perhaps next season I can come up with an online spreadsheet of some kind where we can keep track of everyone's picks, etc.

With that being said, here are my picks.

Colts <- Kind of hard to pick either way, I just went with the home team.
Jaguars

Last Week 3-1
Overall 36-14
(12-28-2017, 09:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]First of all and foremost.

Thank you Bullseye for doing this again.  It has become one of my favorite "message board traditions".  Perhaps next season I can come up with an online spreadsheet of some kind where we can keep track of everyone's picks, etc.

With that being said, here are my picks.

Colts <- Kind of hard to pick either way, I just went with the home team.
Jaguars

Last Week 3-1
Overall 36-14

Thank you, jib and others, for participating.  These threads are nothing without your participation.

As was evident from the move from Jaguars.com to the current location, these boards and the football discussions they promote are the traditions.  I am glad to have been a small part of it and will continue as long as I possibly can.

The online spreadsheet seems labor intensive, but easily seems an invaluable and worthwhile addition to the board, especially if the picks developed into a more competitive thing over time, and especially if the Jaguars winning leads to more fans posting on these boards.
3-1 last week, 34-16 overall.

Well, it's been fun going at this another year.  Thanks to Bullseye for heading it up again.

I've been picking wrong on the Titans games so much this year that I will gladly pick them again if I know it will cause them to lose.

As for the Colts, I promised myself I would not pick them again this year, so...

Titans over Jaguars
Texans over Colts
(12-28-2017, 12:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Texans (4-11) at Colts (3-12)-both teams are playing out the string.  Pagano seems to know he is gone from the Colts.  It's a shame because I don't think he's a bad coach, and largely not to blame for the Colts' FO screw ups.  As for the Texans, from the outside looking in, the whole dynamic regarding GM Rick Smith, Bill O'Brien and the Texans is strange, as there are rumors of either Smith, O'Brien or both being fired after the season.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  But hey, if the Texans want to get rid of guys who have contributed heavily to their team's recent success, who am I to stop them or complain?  Indy takes this one, as the Texans are down to their 3rd or 4th string QB now.  Colts win 20-17.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ick-smith/
30-13 overall

Colts over texans

I just thought of something in 1999 I didn't have the lucky penny. we wil lbe watching game at home sunday cause its on tv here in North carolina. Well im wearing my Jags jeans,and putting lucky penny in my back pocket,and will leave it alone.
Lucky penny,and i say Jags win.
34-16 overall

The last rodeo this week. Give me:

Indy
Jax
Week # 16 results: 3-1
Overall Results: 36-13

Week # 17 selections:

Tennessee ( only because I have doubts how long the Jaguars will keep some key starters in the game. )
Indianapolis
(12-28-2017, 12:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Usually, over the past ten years, this time of year has been kind of melancholy for me as a football fan.  The season is winding down and the team is usually out of the playoff hunt.  Soon, football season as a whole will be done, and the long period of football withdrawal begins anew.  However, this year the dynamic has changed considerably.  Gone is the melancholy knowing our season is over, mitigated, if not replaced entirely by an excitement Jaguars fans have not had in eighteen years-a home playoff game-along with the hopes of a Super Bowl championship.  It is a great time to be a fan of the 2017 AFC South Division champion Jacksonville Jaguars!!!!!!!  Prediction wise, my season did not go as well as it could have, but I had a hard time getting a handle on things early on.  Of course, some of you have been awesome at the picking, and I salute you.  In any event, this is the last TWITAFCS for the 2017 regular season, but I may continue this in the playoffs as long as there is an AFCS team alive in the post season, and perhaps throughout the coaching searches, if applicable.

Texans (4-11) at Colts (3-12)-both teams are playing out the string.  Pagano seems to know he is gone from the Colts.  It's a shame because I don't think he's a bad coach, and largely not to blame for the Colts' FO screw ups.  As for the Texans, from the outside looking in, the whole dynamic regarding GM Rick Smith, Bill O'Brien and the Texans is strange, as there are rumors of either Smith, O'Brien or both being fired after the season.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  But hey, if the Texans want to get rid of guys who have contributed heavily to their team's recent success, who am I to stop them or complain?  Indy takes this one, as the Texans are down to their 3rd or 4th string QB now.  Colts win 20-17.

Jaguars (10-5) at tacks (8-7)-The 2017 AFC South Champion Jacksonville Jaguars, led by Head Coach Doug Marrone, have decided to play their starters and treat this game as a normal regular season game.  Meanwhile, the tacks, losers of four straight, are struggling at 8-7, trying to claim the last playoff spot.  Even though the tacks are behind by two games, tacks DL Jurrell Casey predicted the tacks would sweep the 2017 AFC South Champion Jaguars, having beaten them in week 2.  Let's see...revenge?  Atonement for the loss last week?  The ability to knock a divisional rival out of the playoff hunt for two seasons in a row?  The desire to get some positive momentum heading into the playoffs?  Seems a lot of the motivational boxes have been checked for this game.  Jaguars win 23-16.

Jags
Tinhorns
(12-28-2017, 12:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Usually, over the past ten years, this time of year has been kind of melancholy for me as a football fan.  The season is winding down and the team is usually out of the playoff hunt.  Soon, football season as a whole will be done, and the long period of football withdrawal begins anew.  However, this year the dynamic has changed considerably.  Gone is the melancholy knowing our season is over, mitigated, if not replaced entirely by an excitement Jaguars fans have not had in eighteen years-a home playoff game-along with the hopes of a Super Bowl championship.  It is a great time to be a fan of the 2017 AFC South Division champion Jacksonville Jaguars!!!!!!!  Prediction wise, my season did not go as well as it could have, but I had a hard time getting a handle on things early on.  Of course, some of you have been awesome at the picking, and I salute you.  In any event, this is the last TWITAFCS for the 2017 regular season, but I may continue this in the playoffs as long as there is an AFCS team alive in the post season, and perhaps throughout the coaching searches, if applicable.

This week:  1-1
Overall:  32-20  (Same as last year!)
(12-31-2017, 01:31 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]

Jags
Tinhorns
wrong and wrong
0-2 dud for the last week of regular
26-8 overall
(12-29-2017, 04:36 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]3-1 last week, 34-16 overall.

Well, it's been fun going at this another year.  Thanks to Bullseye for heading it up again.

I've been picking wrong on the Titans games so much this year that I will gladly pick them again if I know it will cause them to lose.

As for the Colts, I promised myself I would not pick them again this year, so...

Titans over Jaguars
Texans over Colts

1-1 this week, 35-17 overall.

I have zero confidence in us beating the Bills next week.  Team looking like dog poo at the wrong time.
(01-01-2018, 04:06 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2017, 04:36 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]3-1 last week, 34-16 overall.

Titans over Jaguars
Texans over Colts

1-1 this week, 35-17 overall.

I have zero confidence in us beating the Bills next week.  Team looking like dog poo at the wrong time.

While we have not played as a a complete team these past two weeks, I have much confidence in beating the Bills.  That said, I am scared of the ramifications for me if we don't beat the Bills.
(01-01-2018, 08:40 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2018, 04:06 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]1-1 this week, 35-17 overall.

While we have not played as a a complete team these past two weeks, I have much confidence in beating the Bills.  That said, I am scared of the ramifications for me if we don't beat the Bills.

If the coaching staff decides to ditch the "Fournette is playing, time for rush, rush, screen, punt game plan" stuff I think the Bills should go down in Jax.

That said, if they insist on putting the maximum of pressure on Bortles and the defense like they did against the titans then I could easily see the Jaguars losing.
(12-29-2017, 04:34 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]30-13 overall

Colts over texans

I just thought of something in 1999 I didn't have the lucky penny. we wil lbe watching game at home sunday cause its on tv here in North carolina. Well im wearing my Jags jeans,and putting lucky penny in my back pocket,and will leave it alone.
Lucky penny,and i say Jags win.

1-1 this week. 31-14 overall. 

not even a lucky penny can help when the other team owns you like tittians do the jags with TC. his last season as HC he went 0-3 vs tittians. his first year in his return to jags he goes 0-2. he is 0-5 in last 5 games againest tittians as a jaguar.
(12-28-2017, 05:30 PM)Gunf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]4-0 last week
38-12 overall

Colts over Texans
Jaguars over Titans

1-1 this week
39-13 overall
Gonna keep this thing going as long as there is an AFCS team still playing?
Pages: 1 2