Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Regardless of what happens for the rest of this season...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This Team Far exceeded expectations:

-Division Winners
-10 wins (possible 11)
-#1 Defense
-#6 Offense
-Dominant Defense
-Sacksonville

I had the team pegged at 6 wins. There are still glaring holes on the team like the offensive line, tight end, QB, etc.  That being said this team is very bipolar and could get hot during the playoffs.  Either way this is the most fun I have had as a Jaguar fan in a long time.
Dilly Dilly!
This season has been a blast.

I'm glad to have witnessed the turnaround after all of these years of losing football.
As great as that is and how no one saw it coming, I think I’d be disappointed if we lost in the first round.

It would take me some time to get to “what a great season that was.”
I would be highly disappointed if we lose in round one for sure. I think if we end up losing its because our run D gets gashed or Bortles implodes again.
It wouldn’t bother me because I know this isn’t a 1 year thing. This team is primed for a run for another 5-6 years. If Blake takes another step forward then that’s possibly a 10 year run or draft the next guy. This is a great way to start the new jaguars era in the nfl
(12-28-2017, 09:23 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]I would be highly disappointed if we lose in round one for sure. I think if we end up losing its because our run D gets gashed or Bortles implodes again.
(12-28-2017, 08:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]As great as that is and how no one saw it coming, I think I’d be disappointed if we lost in the first round.

Same. I would get there eventually, but I'd be pretty crushed at a first round exit.
(12-28-2017, 09:27 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]It wouldn’t bother me because I know this isn’t a 1 year thing. This team is primed for a run for another 5-6 years. If Blake takes another step forward then that’s possibly a 10 year run or draft the next guy. This is a great way to start the new jaguars era in the nfl
Nothing is guaranteed my man.

Have to take it one year at a time. No idea what next year will bring. Our schedule will be twice as difficult next year.
I also would be disappointed if we lose the first play off game. It's GO TIME! We have the talent. We simply need to stay focused and intense. Especially in the first quarter. In my opinion, the play calling is to timid in the first quarter. Throw the _________ ball instead of smash mouth up the middle. Only use the ground game when they can't stop us, or the receivers need a rest, and to eat up the clock. Show confidence! Even when the offense seems impotent, do the unexpected. Bortles should have options to run. But, absolutely, slide rather than take a hit. Heck, make a short pass to a 300 pounder , at least once each game. Use Fournette as a decoy at times. Keep em guessing!
(12-28-2017, 09:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2017, 09:27 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]It wouldn’t bother me because I know this isn’t a 1 year thing. This team is primed for a run for another 5-6 years. If Blake takes another step forward then that’s possibly a 10 year run or draft the next guy. This is a great way to start the new jaguars era in the nfl
Nothing is guaranteed my man.

Have to take it one year at a time. No idea what next year will bring. Our schedule will be twice as difficult next year.
Agreed but this defense is here to stay for a while. Add in Blake developing or if we still draft a guy who is the guy the watch out. I got faith in the Coughlin concept. I’m sure he didn’t come here just for a 1 year run and he has a plan to keep this going for a while
This defense's performance seems to live and die by the emotion of the players. It seems like that as the players get more amped, the better they play in the game. You can usually figure out how the game is going to go after the first drive.

I bet they come out excited during the first home playoff game then win, and unless it's a blowout, they'll come out less excited during the away game.
Gonna suck when the Jags D gets run over 2 weeks in a row by the Titans
(12-28-2017, 10:02 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Gonna suck when the Jags D gets run over 2 weeks in a row by the Titans

[Image: dareus2.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]
(12-28-2017, 10:04 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2017, 10:02 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Gonna suck when the Jags D gets run over 2 weeks in a row by the Titans

[Image: dareus2.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

One big strong fat player on the D line doesn't make a defense good against the run, it takes all eleven.

Cotton balls are like granite compared to you.
Been an awesome season. No way it can be a sad season even with a bad playoff showing. This team by far exceeded everyone's expectations.
I've already gotten way more this season than I expected. No regrets at all, even if we lose at Everbank next week.
(12-28-2017, 10:36 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2017, 10:04 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ][Image: dareus2.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

One big strong fat player on the D line doesn't make a defense good against the run, it takes all eleven.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/12/22/...un-defense
"In seven games since their bye week, the Jaguars are giving up 3.85 yards per carry, and 3.6 yards per carry by running backs."
(12-28-2017, 08:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]This season has been a blast.

I'm glad to have witnessed the turnaround after all of these years of losing football.

I echo this.

(12-28-2017, 08:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]As great as that is and how no one saw it coming, I think I’d be disappointed if we lost in the first round.

While I echo the above I understand this too.  

(12-29-2017, 01:13 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2017, 10:36 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]One big strong fat player on the D line doesn't make a defense good against the run, it takes all eleven.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/12/22/...un-defense
"In seven games since their bye week, the Jaguars are giving up 3.85 yards per carry, and 3.6 yards per carry by running backs."

Which would make them top 7-8 in the league.  This is not the same Jaguars team that lost to the Titans in week 2.  I expect it to be a tough matchup given the Titans have their playoff hopes at stake but I expect this Jaguars team and defense to come out firing after the loss last week.
Pages: 1 2