Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Over 10% of tickets on ReSeller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently nearly 9% of tickets in Everbank for the playoff game are on Stubhub at increased prices..   With other sites like the "Official Site" on Ticketmaster and VividSeats plus others I would guess that 10-12% of seats are still for resale at high prices since many post tickets on multiple sites ..  It will be interesting to see how those seats move once the other team and time are announced.  Will Jaguar fans who didn't buy early from the team buy all these tickets are will we get visiting fans buying them up???
(12-29-2017, 11:14 PM)Doug-H Wrote: [ -> ]Currently nearly 9% of tickets in Everbank for the playoff game are on Stubhub at increased prices..   With other sites like the "Official Site" on Ticketmaster and VividSeats plus others I would guess that 10-12% of seats are still for resale at high prices since many post tickets on multiple sites ..  It will be interesting to see how those seats move once the other team and time are announced.  Will Jaguar fans who didn't buy early from the team buy all these tickets are will we get visiting fans buying them up???

I'm not sure how I should feel about this.  Here I was, thinking the Jags fans had stepped up and bought all the tickets, but instead, it appears ticket resellers have managed to buy thousands and thousands of them.  I went to stubhub and saw many sections with hundreds of tickets for sale.  

On the other hand, it's good for the team that they've sold all the tickets.  And I suppose the tickets will eventually be sold.  Resellers aren't stupid.
Hard to avoid resellers getting ahold of blocks of tickets. Nature of the beast, especially playoff games. The team has to open up a certain percentage for visiting teams which is probably what we’re seeing on these sites. However, We can’t discredit the amount of Jags fans that have stepped up to boost sales. That will also trickle over into next year S.T. sales.
Supply and demand. They are only able to do this because the tickets are worth more than the retail price. I have no problem with this.
Sold is sold. As a season ticket member I only purchased two extra. Needless to say the better half and I are kicking ourselves in the butt for not buying all we could(18). Could have paid for one of our clubs next year. Oh well. We will know next time.
I do agree with the helping Season sales idea since those of us who are got our seats confirmed and were able to buy more in advance.. With next year's schedule, ticket brokers will be out in force for 2018 as well scooping up tickets to sell to the many visitor fans expected.. The question is will the Jags open up the tarped sections for next season now?? Hard to say since I suspect it would require a bigger sale of season tickets in the upper decks to make that happen. Not sure their ticket broker clients really want them to add more inventory in the low price range either.. What Jags want to do is get all the Premiums sold first... That's where the real money is anyway.. 6 upper deck tarp area tickets = 1 West Side Club Seat ( $50/game vs $300/game)...
(12-29-2017, 11:14 PM)Doug-H Wrote: [ -> ]Currently nearly 9% of tickets in Everbank for the playoff game are on Stubhub at increased prices..   With other sites like the "Official Site" on Ticketmaster and VividSeats plus others I would guess that 10-12% of seats are still for resale at high prices since many post tickets on multiple sites ..  It will be interesting to see how those seats move once the other team and time are announced.  Will Jaguar fans who didn't buy early from the team buy all these tickets are will we get visiting fans buying them up???

I'm curious where you are finding these numbers? 

Not that they seem all that odd. I'd expect 5 or 6K tix to be scoooed up by resellers.
Oddly enough I purchased my jags playoff tickets 12/18/17 off stubhub. Only reason I did so was because I was out of the country until recently and I wasn’t sure I would get some from the official release. 

They were delivered today by a company called “Eventellect”. I pondered how they were able to presale tickets to an event that wasn’t even for sure yet. Turns out they are a company hired by teams to drive up prices. 

http://www.eventellect.com/