Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Erase ‘99 Memories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This year is just like 99 all over again. Let's hope the results are different.
Memories,
(12-30-2017, 02:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]This year is just like 99 all over again. Let's hope the results are different.

This year isn't even close to 1999.
Fired up!
(12-30-2017, 07:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2017, 02:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]This year is just like 99 all over again. Let's hope the results are different.

This year isn't even close to 1999.

True our QB and WRs aren't as good.  Not to mention we don't have a stud running back or TE.  Now on defense, I think this team is better overall.
Brunell was not better than Blake.
It's definitely time to wash that stink off and move on. I can't even stand to think about how awful that was.
We went 14-2 in 1999 with the #1 seed in the AFC. We were the favorite to win the Super Bowl. I can't say we are the favorite to win the Super Bowl this year. We're just trying to maintain relevance. A chance to avenge our only divisional loss of the season and keep Mularkey and the stinkin Tacks out of the playoffs. I could see this game being very chippy and probably dirty plays. Hopefully our team can keep its head on straight.
(12-31-2017, 02:04 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]We went 14-2 in 1999 with the #1 seed in the AFC. We were the favorite to win the Super Bowl. I can't say we are the favorite to win the Super Bowl this year. We're just trying to maintain relevance. A chance to avenge our only divisional loss of the season and keep Mularkey and the stinkin Tacks out of the playoffs. I could see this game being very chippy and probably dirty plays. Hopefully our team can keep its head on straight.

Never capitalize tacks.
(12-30-2017, 10:44 PM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]Brunell was not better than Blake.

Tongue
(12-31-2017, 02:04 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]We went 14-2 in 1999 with the #1 seed in the AFC. We were the favorite to win the Super Bowl. I can't say we are the favorite to win the Super Bowl this year. We're just trying to maintain relevance. A chance to avenge our only divisional loss of the season and keep Mularkey and the stinkin Tacks out of the playoffs. I could see this game being very chippy and probably dirty plays. Hopefully our team can keep its head on straight.

I know all of that,but heres whats the same as in 99. Those jags were better then tittians,and lost to them 3 times. This Jags is better then the tittians,and got clobered on thier home field by the tittians this season. Thats what the same is. The better jags team lost to a tittians team they should've beat.
(12-31-2017, 10:42 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]

I know all of that,but heres whats the same as in 99. Those jags were better then tittians,and lost to them 3 times. This Jags is better then the tittians,and got clobered on thier home field by the tittians this season. Thats what the same is. The better jags team lost to a tittians team they should've beat.

3 losses says they weren't the better team.
(12-31-2017, 10:42 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you wolfie. It is exactly like 99. We could end up playing them 3 times in 1 year.
gee not even the lucky penny can break the tom coughlin curse. when he left Jacksonnville  as a HC those jags couldn't beat tittians in his last seasn as a Jaguar. now Tom is back for first year as a jag,and they can't beat tittians at all again.
weird
I would love to play them again, though Tennessee has almost no shot.
(12-30-2017, 10:44 PM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]Brunell was not better than Blake.

While Blake is a serviceable NFL QB, Brunell took JAX to two AFC championship games.  His TD throw to Jimmy Smith in the DEN playoffs game is the best single play in Jaguars history.  If not for a very questionable tackle by Jesse Armstead, he would have continued at a very high level.
#5 not even close to #8.