Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Defense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know some may criticize them but honestly they feel horrible I imagine. They were on the field so long and the offense constantly let them down. 

I feel bad for them as they’ve consistently played well besides last week.
Yeah this was on Mickens and our O, the D played very well. I’ve never been particularly confident in Church’s open field tackling
Defense played fine today
They've had a few bad games but the losses are mostly on either special team mistakes or the offense just not doing enough, today's loss was tough while meaningless losing all the momentum makes winning in the playoffs harder.
(12-31-2017, 08:32 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]They've had a few bad games but the losses are mostly on either special team mistakes or the offense just not doing enough, today's loss was tough while meaningless losing all the momentum makes winning in the playoffs harder.

Is there any doubt we get blown out at home next week?
The defense was fine. They even scored more points than the offense today.

Stop turning the ball over, stop running first and second down early in the game, and teach Church to tackle, since mariota will be coming for him again and again.
(12-31-2017, 08:34 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2017, 08:32 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]They've had a few bad games but the losses are mostly on either special team mistakes or the offense just not doing enough, today's loss was tough while meaningless losing all the momentum makes winning in the playoffs harder.

I'm not ready to say that, I think not having the complete O-line is the difference. Every game we just come out looking horrible on offense we don't have that complete unit out there. I think Wells in for Robinson is a big deal and it throws the timing off.

I really want another shot at beating the tacks now, but no [BLEEP] way can I stomach another 3 season loss to the [BLEEP] tacks.

We won't get blown out.  But we will not win if Hackett doesn't change his play-calling.  It's been elementary school horrible.
I don't know how many short fields we had to give them. Luckily the tacks suck or this would have been a blowout. Dumb mistakes. Felt like we could move the ball somewhat on offense but then just couldn't convert.
I'm just glad we don't play the chargers. From easiest to hardest for me was bills, tacks, ravens, chargers so not the worst.
This team need a to play mistake free football to win.

Nah, in fact, you should just go ahead and take a 2 week vacation and head into the offseason. I know we'll all appreciate the quiet.
(12-31-2017, 08:36 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2017, 08:34 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any doubt we get blown out at home next week?

We won't get blown out.  But we will not win if Hackett doesn't change his play-calling.  It's been elementary school horrible.

They blew us out at home before. They showed how to gameplay our offense once again. It’s a recipe for disaster
Offense did look bad but no way that game plan was anything near what we will use next week. They knew they were the potential matchup next week and that was most definitely a watered down playbook today
We looked like a juggernaut following the 3 game home stretch. Now I'm struggling to find a bright spot on the team. For the first time we're on a losing streak this year. Tastes like Gus juice. No bueno.
(12-31-2017, 08:43 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]We looked like a juggernaut following the 3 game home stretch. Now I'm struggling to find a bright spot on the team. For the first time we're on a losing streak this year. Tastes like Gus juice. No bueno.

Team picked a bad time to swoon.
It's all about the turnovers. We lose almost every game we turn it over and win everytime we don't....
Defense played great. If they play like this next weekend against the Titans, I think we win.
(12-31-2017, 08:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2017, 08:34 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any doubt we get blown out at home next week?

Nah, in fact, you should just go ahead and take a 2 week vacation and head into the offseason. I know we'll all appreciate the quiet.

Nope I will be there next week with my ticket cheering them on. But I’m not gonna pretend we have a good shot to win

(12-31-2017, 08:46 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]Defense played great.  If they play like this next weekend against the Titans, I think we win.

Not if the offense scores 3 points again
We had a good game plan to shut down the Tacks offense. We just don't have a playoff caliber offense. Can't run the ball ever. We recommitted to it this year but we still stink at it so...
Pages: 1 2