Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Westbrook catches it, we win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He dropped that perfectly thrown ball in the endzone.
If, if, if...
Others here disagree with you, it was BB fault because the pass wasn't perfect, er, uh, i mean, um, BB didn't catch it, shame on him!
Westbrook, Cole, and Mickens all looked like rookies in that game. I bet the dozen or so posters that were ready to move on from A-Rob, Lee, and Hurns are seeing the error in that line of thought now. Getting two of those vets back in 2018 will be beneficial to this team, no matter who is behind center.

Just getting Hurns back wasn't enough.

Here's hoping we have a "healthy-enough" Cam Robinson and Marqise Lee in the line-up Sunday vs the bills.
Lee dropped the pass against the jets to get in FG range, although Myers probably woulda shanked it.
(01-01-2018, 12:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Westbrook, Cole, and Mickens all looked like rookies in that game. I bet the dozen or so posters that were ready to move on from A-Rob, Lee, and Hurns are seeing the error in that line of thought now. Getting two of those vets back in 2018 will be beneficial to this team, no matter who is behind center.

Here's hoping we have a "healthy-enough" Cam Robinson and Marqise Lee in the line-up Sunday vs the bills.

I agree.  I think Lee's absence has been especially noticeable the past two weeks.  I wondered to myself when Lee went down with the injury whether it might be the last time we see him in a Jags uni.  I have to believe now that the front office might actually pursue re-signing him this offseason despite him not having the gaudy numbers.  I think he would have those numbers on a more pass happy and efficient offense.
(01-01-2018, 12:19 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2018, 12:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Westbrook, Cole, and Mickens all looked like rookies in that game. I bet the dozen or so posters that were ready to move on from A-Rob, Lee, and Hurns are seeing the error in that line of thought now. Getting two of those vets back in 2018 will be beneficial to this team, no matter who is behind center.

I agree.  I think Lee's absence has been especially noticeable the past two weeks.  I wondered to myself when Lee went down with the injury whether it might be the last time we see him in a Jags uni.  I have to believe now that the front office might actually pursue re-signing him this offseason despite him not having the gaudy numbers.  I think he would have those numbers on a more pass happy and efficient offense.

I agree with you too.
Some of you wanted to dump ARob and Hurns and roll with the 3 rookies....
(01-01-2018, 11:57 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]He dropped that perfectly thrown ball in the endzone.

Ya but no point in playing this game. I don’t care for this “if” moment because dede clearly commits offensive pass interference right before trying to catch the ball. The dude isn’t ready. I don’t see the extra gear yet. He struggles with press and doesn’t get separation  which is why he has been seen pushing dbs throughout the year and has p.i. called on him. I hope he stay safe healthy and has a successful offseason
If Bortles didn't throw that awful pick, if bortles could check out of a 9 man box, if..if..if's. Yes the Pass should of been caught then again Decker has some massive easy drops yesterday as well.
I feel like they should try and find a way to get hurns the ball a bit more, but maybe he was on a pitch count this game.
He didn't and we didn't.
I don't see how anyone can trust that Lee would do better. He's dropped more than anyone in the league and he didn't play a full season. He's extremely talent and extremely unreliable.

Even after this game, I still trust Westbrook and Cole more than Lee.
(01-01-2018, 01:55 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see how anyone can trust that Lee would do better. He's dropped more than anyone in the league and he didn't play a full season. He's extremely talent and extremely unreliable.

Even after this game, I still trust Westbrook and Cole more than Lee.

His drops early in the season were really bad.  He got better and didn't drop anything in the two games prior to his injury. He's also worlds better beating the jam at the L.O.S. than Westbrook is at this stage in Westbrook's development. 

Having Lee available to play the X and deal with the jam at the line allows Hackett to put Westbrook and/or Cole at the Z where they can line up off the line and use a quick first step to get past man coverage.  It's not about some trust level - it's about putting guys in the best spots to succeed. Having Lee on the field helps to do that with the rookies whether he's a frequent target or not.
If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
Game would have played out differently. If that was the final play of the game you could make that claim, but it wasnt and there is no guarantee we would have won even with that catch.
(01-01-2018, 01:14 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like they should try and find a way to get hurns the ball a bit more, but maybe he was on a pitch count this game.

I feel the same. When you really need someone to get you that 3rd and long Hurns is the man. I expect to see him targeted more when the games really matter.
I think you're all being hard on the receivers if you're just basing it on yesterday's game. It was bitter cold, and the tacks receivers were dropping just as many, if not more.

Cole looks to be a major talent. Westbrook hasn't looked all that good after leading the league in preseason, but he has made some nice plays and he should be better next year. Mickens made a stupid decision on the punt return, but up until yesterday he has also been the best punt returner the Jags have even had.
(01-01-2018, 07:04 PM)Adub28 Wrote: [ -> ]Game would have played out differently. If that was the final play of the game you could make that claim, but it wasnt and there is no guarantee we would have won even with that catch.

It would have gave us 6 more points. We lost by 5.
(01-01-2018, 11:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2018, 07:04 PM)Adub28 Wrote: [ -> ]Game would have played out differently. If that was the final play of the game you could make that claim, but it wasnt and there is no guarantee we would have won even with that catch.

It would have gave us 6 more points. We lost by 5.

What he is saying is the Titans would have called different plays down by 2 than being up by 5.
Pages: 1 2