Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ticket Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm not sure how this happened, but the demand in the city and also knowing that whichever team was going to come here was going to buy the extras has created a crazy demand/price for these seats.

I was on the Bills message board and of course there were pot shots about Jags fans, how they need to uncover the rest of the tarps (doh!), and that the last time the Bills were here they out numbered Jags fans 4 to 1.  It's the typical drivel, but this time it will be different.

I think you see a lot of Jag fans that were sth buy extras to resell on the after market as well as brokers.  Heck, I have mine listed at an exorbitant price only that if they are bought I can basically buy season tickets off two tickets for next year.  The marketing done by the team for this and the method that it was done was good.  I still wish there were more tickets available to Jags fans and not directly on the after market sites, but those tickets are what raised the ticket value right away.

I expect ticket price will come down a bit as we approach the game, but not by much.
Man, I am tempted to list mine. Tickets in my section are selling (or at least listed) for around a grand each.. But there is no way I am going to miss this game! Wish I had bought a few extras but then I would have to sell them at a reasonable price to Jags fans so it would defeat the purpose. LOL.
(01-02-2018, 04:28 PM)Perkolater Wrote: [ -> ]Man, I am tempted to list mine.  Tickets in my section are selling (or at least listed) for around a grand each..  But there is no way I am going to miss this game!   Wish I had bought a few extras but then I would have to sell them at a reasonable price to Jags fans so it would defeat the purpose.  LOL.

I have mine for a crazy amount so don't plan on them selling and that's probably why I listed them for what I did, but I have zero issue with Jag fans making money off of Bills fans, and then to read how they think they'll put 20k in the stadium is hilarious.
(01-02-2018, 04:31 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2018, 04:28 PM)Perkolater Wrote: [ -> ]Man, I am tempted to list mine.  Tickets in my section are selling (or at least listed) for around a grand each..  But there is no way I am going to miss this game!   Wish I had bought a few extras but then I would have to sell them at a reasonable price to Jags fans so it would defeat the purpose.  LOL.

I have mine for a crazy amount so don't plan on them selling and that's probably why I listed them for what I did, but I have zero issue with Jag fans making money off of Bills fans, and then to read how they think they'll put 20k in the stadium is hilarious.

I should list mine for $2K each, but with my luck I'd get it. LOL
(01-02-2018, 04:46 PM)Perkolater Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2018, 04:31 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]I have mine for a crazy amount so don't plan on them selling and that's probably why I listed them for what I did, but I have zero issue with Jag fans making money off of Bills fans, and then to read how they think they'll put 20k in the stadium is hilarious.

I should list mine for $2K each, but with my  luck I'd get it.  LOL

I feel like walk ups could be cheaper if you find the right fan not wanting to get stuck with tickets.
(01-02-2018, 04:48 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2018, 04:46 PM)Perkolater Wrote: [ -> ]I should list mine for $2K each, but with my  luck I'd get it.  LOL

I feel like walk ups could be cheaper if you find the right fan not wanting to get stuck with tickets.

True, but I've sat in the same section (135) for years and have gotten to know all the folks around us.  We've suffered together so now, its time to celebrate together!   Gotta keep my seats.
Prices started dropping a little today. I sold my last extra solo ticket this morning that wasn't being used for a little over double my money after all fees (ticketmaster is obviously making a killing by charging exorbitant fees to both sides, but what can you do?). It was in the 100s sections and I probably could have done better but I just wanted it off my hands now that prices are dropping. I did better on a couple of other pairs on Monday when Bills fans really started buying tickets. All said and done, My wife and I and another couple I gave a pair to are going to the game for free and I still wound up with money in my pocket. I think the Bills being the opponent had a larger effect on ticket prices than any other potential opponent would have.

I messed around with listing at StubHub. Even though they were only charging a 10% fee to the lister versus the 13% that ticketmaster charges, I just didn't like the way StubHub manipulates the final pricing they're showing the lister versus what the buyer sees. And I couldn't find a way on StubHub to actually see a seat map like ticketmaster has which is nice. I listed it with StubHub briefly but moved it back over to ticketmaster where it sold within a couple of hours after I listed it there this morning which is where I sold all of my others as well. If anyone has experience with or recommendations of any other ticket listing sites, I'm all ears.
there may be 10K Bills fans at the game... They always travel well and this is the playoffs, they’ve been out longer than we have.
(01-02-2018, 05:15 PM)JeepJag Wrote: [ -> ]there may be 10K Bills fans at the game... They always travel well and this is the playoffs, they’ve been out longer than we have.

I'm not even sure there were that many tickets available for sale, but who knows.  Whether there's 5k, 10k, or 20k they will say that they outnumbered Jag fans 3 to 1 because who knew there were Jag fans?!
I hope you guys enjoy the extra money being made because it will result in about a 50/50 crowd Sunday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(01-03-2018, 03:56 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you guys enjoy the extra money being made because it will result in about a 50/50 crowd Sunday

Speak for yourself, I could have sold my tickets and made 1000 bucks in profit but...

1. I’ll never get tickets that affordable for a playoff game again and it’s once in a blue moon opportunity. 

2. I didn’t want Bills fans taking over. 

So I have mine and I will be there, loud and proud
(01-03-2018, 03:58 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2018, 03:56 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you guys enjoy the extra money being made because it will result in about a 50/50 crowd Sunday

Speak for yourself, I could have sold my tickets and made 1000 bucks in profit but...

1. I’ll never get tickets that affordable for a playoff game again and it’s once in a blue moon opportunity. 

2. I didn’t want Bills fans taking over. 

So I have mine and I will be there, loud and proud

I'm not selling mine either. I'm surprised at how many are willingly selling to bills fans

Thanks and by the way, when the Jags sucked for the past decade, I still kept my 10 season tickets and did everything I could to support the team to stay in Jacksonville so go [BLEEP] yourself.
(01-03-2018, 04:18 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks and by the way, when the Jags sucked for the past decade, I still kept my 10 season tickets and did everything I could to support the team to stay in Jacksonville so go [BLEEP] yourself.

I'm not sure why you are mad at me? Don't willingly sell them and then be offended by it. We got folks on here bragging about how much money has been made. I hope the same folks don't get on here and complain about all the bills fans in attendance. Your profit comes at a cost. Do you disagree?

Jacksonville news has confirmed Jags fans have sold 29,000 fake tickets.
Somehow I bought mine early in the 100 level for around $200. Does anyone know which sections there majority of Bills fans will be in? Or which section the BCB will be in?
(01-03-2018, 04:26 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2018, 04:18 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks and by the way, when the Jags sucked for the past decade, I still kept my 10 season tickets and did everything I could to support the team to stay in Jacksonville so go [BLEEP] yourself.

I'm not sure why you are mad at me? Don't willingly sell them and then be offended by it. We got folks on here bragging about how much money has been made. I hope the same folks don't get on here and complain about all the bills fans in attendance. Your profit comes at a cost. Do you disagree?

It's a capitalistic society.  Personally, I respect the loyal Bills fans who follow their team through thick and thin and are willing to pay $400 for a $100 ticket than Johnny Bandwagon Jag fan who relinquished their season tickets during the tough times and are now expecting us loyal fans to sell extra tix to them at cost.  Bandwagon fans are so ignorant about our commitment to pay for 2 lousy preseason games plus enduring another potentially bad year.  I'll be using 2 of my tix but I'd be kidding myself if I were to tell you that I'd pass up $1,000 so 8 bandwagon Jag fans who failed to endure our pain are now getting an opportunity to experience our best days at face value.
(01-03-2018, 04:46 PM)FgallosJAGS Wrote: [ -> ]Somehow I bought mine early in the 100 level for around $200. Does anyone know which sections there majority of Bills fans will be in? Or which section the BCB will be in?

I’m guessing they’ll mostly be in the 400s as that’s where the biggest blocks of resale tickets were on Monday when they started buying.  BCB mostly sits in 124.
(01-03-2018, 04:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2018, 04:26 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure why you are mad at me? Don't willingly sell them and then be offended by it. We got folks on here bragging about how much money has been made. I hope the same folks don't get on here and complain about all the bills fans in attendance. Your profit comes at a cost. Do you disagree?

It's a capitalistic society.  Personally, I respect the loyal Bills fans who follow their team through thick and thin and are willing to pay $400 for a $100 ticket than Johnny Bandwagon Jag fan who relinquished their season tickets during the tough times and are now expecting us loyal fans to sell extra tix to them at cost.  Bandwagon fans are so ignorant about our commitment to pay for 2 lousy preseason games plus enduring another potentially bad year.  I'll be using 2 of my tix but I'd be kidding myself if I were to tell you that I'd pass up $1,000 so 8 bandwagon Jag fans who failed to endure our pain are now getting an opportunity to experience our best days at face value.

So you would rather sell to loyal Bills fans instead of fans of your own team bc they didn't show up when we sucked. Got it.

Jags fans that want to be there will be there.  Ticketless Jags fan that wants to be at the game and decided to look for tickets this week has only himself to blame.  He had a huge head start on being able to buy tickets from the team directly and then even at resale the prices didn’t get ridiculous until Monday.  And there’s still plenty listed and prices are starting to drop. If Bills fan was willing to pay up to $300 for standing room only, you were never going to price him out.
Pages: 1 2 3