Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The last time we faced the Bills in a WC game... 1996
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This article is a blast from the past. Lots of names here I haven't heard in a long time. I love reading stuff like this. I knew Boselli played a career game, I just didn't remember it being this one. 

Article

"Sunday's AFC Wild Card game will feature the return of both the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Buffalo Bills to the playoffs. The Jaguars will be in their first playoff game since the 2007 season, while the Bills will play their first since the 1999 season. In an era where the AFC has been defined by domination by a select few teams, the presence of a game between the Jaguars and the Bills in the playoffs is a welcome change: An opportunity for one team to keep their dream of a Super Bowl alive, and for both to at least be happy that they're there.

However, this is not the first time that the Jaguars and the Bills have played each other in the AFC Wild Card round. In 1996, the two teams met each other in Buffalo in the same game, but in different positions: At that time, the Bills were an AFC powerhouse, while the Jaguars were an upstart that no one had seen coming. The end result was a game that saw a major upset, the end of one Hall of Fame career, and the defining game of another......"
Good memories!
(01-02-2018, 09:33 PM)majik Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq9vvkg4oqM

Wow Football was just better back then overall. Jags were 29th in red zone TDs and were still getting them 52% of the time. Vs the Bills being 3rd at 56. Today the team at 29? KC at 42% although Jags are at 64% didnt know we were that good.
Oh my goodness Tom Coughlin looks so young there.

It's supposed to snow up here tomorrow which means everything will grind to a halt and my husband will stay overnight close to work. This means I have a 1996 Bills v Jags game to watch uninterrupted and remember how good we had it back in the day, not just as Jags fans but as football fans.
Clyde Simmons will forever be the guy who sparked a come back with his interception. We were being dominated up to that point. Then we turned it up and started playing like there was "no tomorrow"

They were 9-0 in the playoffs at home. We were heavy underdogs.

There was a Jaguar frenzy amongst the public. Everywhere you went it was "Go Jags!" "SuperBowl"
(01-03-2018, 01:47 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh my goodness Tom Coughlin looks so young there.

It's supposed to snow up here tomorrow which means everything will grind to a halt and my husband will stay overnight close to work. This means I have a 1996 Bills v Jags game to watch uninterrupted and remember how good we had it back in the day, not just as Jags fans but as football fans.

Google is your friend. You can do an image search to make it last longer.
(01-03-2018, 06:02 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2018, 01:47 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh my goodness Tom Coughlin looks so young there.

Google is your friend. You can do an image search to make it last longer.

Thanks!  Big Grin
(01-03-2018, 05:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Clyde Simmons will forever be the guy who sparked a come back with his interception. We were being dominated up to that point. Then we turned it up and started playing like there was "no tomorrow"

They were 9-0 in the playoffs at home. We were heavy underdogs.

There was a Jaguar frenzy amongst the public. Everywhere you went it was "Go Jags!" "SuperBowl"

Simmons' INT tied the score at 7-7.
Natrone Means - 31 carries for 175 yards and 1 TD.